Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1949-52 chevy repo parts, tell us what you need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

i guess the old version of this never survived the transfer to the new format. we are still tooling up for more 1949-52 chevrolet sheetmetal parts and still could use impute from the guys as to what is still needed. feel free to post it here. check www.emsautomotive.com to see the list of present production

coming soon is rocker panels for the rear door on a 4 door car, should be done by late nov 2014

the ems guy ems automotive 216-541-4585

2. Do you offer alliance member pricing?

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how about you retool these so the wheel lip part is somewhat like the actual car? I'm working on a car now that had one of these installed, I am going to have to cut parts off a back half of a 51 we have and re-do the fender lips so they are right. the door jamb part is almost as bad. the edges are much more round than they should be.

this car has the rear part under the trunk, the rear trunk floor, the trans cover, and most if not all of the body mount pieces. the floor in this car was all cut up around the transmission cover, so your part worked fine, how about reproducing an original style trans cover? you can not remove the transmission from under the car, it comes out through that hole, if you weld up the hole using your new part, you have to remove the motor to change the clutch or transmission..

[​IMG]

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

not directly from us, we leave that to our dealers who can sell you our parts and other mfg in lot pricing.

but we are avid supporters of tech week and other goodies during the year

5. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I just got a pair of outer rockers for my 51 Dodge, they were the worst fitting things I have ever seen. The place I got them from were the only place I could find that had them or I would have sent them back.

6. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

How about re-popping the stainless shield that goes over that section of the rear fender. Gravel guards are always scratched and dented beyond repair. 1949/50 and 1951/52 please!

motoandy, deto and jadegrenade 51 like this.
  7. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I called you guys a while back to follow up on some questions I posted in chevy talk. some questions. I was ready to make a purchase but needed some more info. The guy who answered the phone told me that the engineer was too busy and had already answered my question. Pretty off putting. If your customer service is like that I will take my money elsewhere

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

sorry you had a bad experience, but what is your question?

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

we do not do chrome parts or trim, but chevs of the 40s has those parts now

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

unfortunately we do not do dodge parts, sorry you had a bad experience with a unknown vendor

11. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Well, mys skin isn't that thin :) It just came across wrong. I will still most likely purchase EMS as you have the best reputation and are an American mfgr. I really needed help in identifying the order in which I should go about replacing my floor and braces and lower patch panels on my rusted to hell '50 styleline. You guys did provide very good info to me on chevytalk and recommended that I start with the rear trunk opening area and then the firewall area and do the floor last. My further questions that I called about pertained to the situation of beginning by replacing the tail pan as suggested, what do I actually attach it to other than the trunk opening? You suggested replacing the tail pan followed by the rear rear quarters after doing the front rear quarters and finally the floorbraces and floors last. I just need a better idea how this will anchor things in as it seems like a "which came first, chicken or egg?" Scenario. I'm new at this level of body work and wanted a little more clarity.

12. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I also wanted to know more about how to replace the floor braces. You suggested replacing floor braces as needed and one at a time. Do I replace the inner rockers first then run the new braces to it?

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

no braces first, fit outer rocker then mate with inner and braces

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

the chicken and egg theory is a good problem with panels repair, sometimes there is no real solution, just start and have it, somewhere you gonna just have to do something over again, the fun of a old car

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My nephews 51 Bus Coupe had the typical hardened and cracked rubber gravel guards at the front of the rear fenders. Someone makes a replacement, glue on rubber that looks nothing like stock. We've saved the metal from under the rubber guards and plan on having them refinished with Rhino Liner, spray on, bed coating; it'll probably take 2 layers to build up to the right thickness. But, it would be nice to have some stainless steel guards repopped, as no one is doing them. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  16. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

17. As far as I know no one is doing the very rear body mount brace. At least that was the case several years ago, when I sawed one out of another car in the junkyard to get it.

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

tell me which one you mean 4th row in passenger compartment or rear trunk floor brace, but we got them both now

Attached Files:

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

20. 31aBoy

31aBoy

rear wheel houses are always rusted out. Always!

21. ems customer service

ems customer service

on the list for 2015

22. 31aBoy

31aBoy

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not much call for this, I would think, but since you are asking . . .
    lower rear door jamb & bottom sill on a 4-door
    2014-10-12 18.43.35.jpg
    2014-10-12 18.44.05.jpg

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

actually big demand, this is all in process now, outer rockers available soon then rest of parts

25. ems customer service

ems customer service

i hope this video will help understand our parts

26. ems customer service

ems customer service

new door bottom for 1949-52 chevy hardtop 57908883_2778640452176994_1051645144975015936_o.jpg

27. ems customer service

ems customer service

1949-52 chevy rear door rocker panel for 4-door cars, more 4-door stuff coming soon

www.emsautomotive.com or call 248-546-0232

Attached Files: