Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stick Shift's all banged up, keep him in your thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

Hang in there and keep the good spirits. PT sucks but when your done its worth it.

2. Yes, in fact send them all to me for safekeeping....

3. I've been on Percocets for almost 3 full years now for my back injury. I backed off on them for a few days in late 2011 and went into withdrawal, not fun talking to your boss with sweat pouring down your face inside in AC.

4. montero

montero

stick shift, what's worse man, the broken legs or the broken car?
    Get well soon!

5. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Glad your ok my friend!!!! Hope ya get back on your feet so you can put the ol 33 back on the road!!!! Man, what a shock!!!! Hoping for a speedy recovery Scott!!!

Stick Shift likes this.
  6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I enjoyed a phone conversation with Scott. He is in great spirits. He is in Springfield, IL hospital. Quite a distance from home. He is very optimistic and positive.

get well soon, Scott.

Stick Shift likes this.
  7. yngrodder

yngrodder

Mike, Jay and I keep checking in on him and giving him some company, Scott seems to be getting along pretty good, yesterday's therapy sounded like it was a success he did every thing they wanted him to. Sounds like after this round of therapy he will get to go home for a while,

Stick Shift and bobwop like this.
  8. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone. Looks like they will have me heading home on this coming Tuesday. I will still not be able to put any weight on feet and legs. I will probably be back to hospital in 6 weeks so they can look to see if anything is growing back together or if I need more surgeries. Thank you everyone. :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

bobwop likes this.
  9. CGkidd

CGkidd

Good to hear you are heading home soon. Keep up the good spirits.

Stick Shift likes this.
  10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

so glad to hear you are heading home

Stick Shift likes this.
  11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man I had a blue hair pullout in front of me yesterday and had to slam on my brakes. I was startled she looked me dead in the eyes and shot me her arthritic finger . I WANTED TO KILL HER but God spared me so I returned the gesture and laughed then i found a bathroom still shaking. When I retuned to the 32 two guys that seen the near miss said I was very lucky ! Get better tin is replaceable just hurts to see you and your truck damaged !

Stick Shift likes this.
  12. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yea every year it seems somebody would pull out in front of me when in the truck. I don't really know why. They thought I was a slow antique car or they just don't think. Amazing! Glad nothing happened

13. Model T1

Model T1

From a former Illinois reject, Pekin. Scott good luck on the recovery. Just saw the post. Springfield is a nice place to visit or go to car shows. But wouldn't want to stay where you were.

14. well next time put a fire breathing engine in that thing
    loud pipes save lives
    just kidding buddy....also beloit was cold and rainy you didn't miss anything
    tk

Stick Shift likes this.
  15. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Sorry to hear of the accident, Scott...hope you have a speedy recovery!

Stick Shift likes this.
  16. Just being home can be a big improvement, you will be in a comfortable environment and familiar surroundings.

You sir are one tough hombre. HRP

Stick Shift likes this.
  17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Maybe I missed a big bar ice cream then. Lol. Oh well. :)

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

big crowd at Beloit despite the weather. Swap Meet was full, but mostly junk. Show field was full. Car Corral was three deep and packed. Light drizzle on/off all day. Never enough to require drying the car. I was impressed with the participation. Missed seeing you and Dad.

Stick Shift likes this.
  19. Beloit was good despite the not so nice weather, I had a big bar for you.
    ...here's a few cars I liked,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and Stick Shift like this.
  20. 59 brook

59 brook

wishing a speedy recovery to all who were involved

21. seatex

seatex

Best of luck on a swift recovery!

22. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Just back from a visit and I got to see the xrays, wow, I've built car with less screws.

At least the plates they installed have lightening/speed holes.

Stick Shift and bobwop like this.
  23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

big car show in Springfield this weekend. But I suppose you will have to miss it and be sitting at home.

Will you have a highly trained Nurse visiting your home to assist with your recovery? Maybe the Head Nurse?

Stick Shift likes this.
  24. yngrodder

yngrodder

Haha.. Mike was talking about trying to sneak him out to go to the show this weekend but yeah he is going to be home instead..

Stick Shift likes this.
  25. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Yeah, No Mother Road show for Scott. I went to see him today and he was waiting for the Hospital to finish his paperwork so he could go home. He was in great spirits throughout this whole deal. He's still got a lot of healing to do but at least he'll be in his own home now. With his Mom and Dad close by and able to help him when needed. We joked around a bit and his mom even gave me shit about my Green Bay Packers shirt. He will be in good hands now.
    I bet he'll chime in here soon once he gets settled in back at home. Heal up quickly Buddy We'll see ya soon!

Stick Shift likes this.
  26. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

Get well soon man. Always the biggest fear of any hot rodder is other people not paying attention on the road.

Stick Shift likes this.
  27. Model T1

Model T1

Don't know you Scott. But anyone from northern Illinois with a love for old cars can't be all bad. Glad you are headed home.

Stick Shift likes this.
  28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Scott, it's good to hear that you're on your way home. It's always so much better than being in a hospital.

It seems that most drivers think that old cars are slooooowwww. They just don't know that many old cars, (especially from 1955 on), were built to cruise at 60 mph and above.

By the way, here's something that people probably would not pull out in front of.....Well maybe....

If they did, they would know it. It's sitting in a junk yard in Wis. and needs a good home. Yeah.....It's a former electric company truck....... :D :D:D

[​IMG]

Stick Shift likes this.
  29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

if that behemoth was owned by the power company, it certainly has never gone very fast.

Stick Shift and racingonerobb like this.
  30. ....it certainly hasn't moved much at all for awhile, here's a shot of a tree growing thru the hood louvers...
    [​IMG]

Stick Shift likes this.