Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB for Girls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Philbilly, Nov 8, 2010.

1. There is much to be learned from the gals. For instance, I no longer say to the wife "look at this part I just bought". I now say "you are not going to believe how much money I just saved on this". It's all in the delivery, and a page or two out of their playbook. LOL

2. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

well that's your fault for being with a girl that would "pop you" lol

3. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Well said Ms. Lane! I think I love you....:D

4. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

This is the perfect place for me, I don't need my own HAMB, I need the HAMB. My friends complain about me getting lost in a conversation about cars. I start talking cars with someone and I hear the mumble of "oh no, she's talking cars again, we lost her for awhile."

5. This has turned out to be quite a funny thread. I like that there are women here, either trying to learn or giving advice to those trying to learn. I just wish more people in general were more interested in cars than what some Hollywood actor is wearing.

6. Krahnic

Krahnic

I don't understand the whole "wife doesn't like the hot rod/money pit" thing. Maybe that explains why I've been divorced 3 times & kept my Harley & my cars through them all. True love.

7. Kustom Leatherworks

Kustom Leatherworks
    from Milwaukee

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'm glad to hear there are more women on here. (Guess I better watch my language more!) :eek: :D My wife likes to look at the pictures of cars on here, can row a mean 4 speed and is supportive of me building another hot rod...as long as it has a V-8. Thats my girl!

9. i wish the ladies would contibute more my girlfriend has a couple old cars loves going to cruise ins , shows and dragraces and when shes in the mood she can hold her own in a conversation about em (with me and my friends) but she doesnt work on em and most people would never know she likes them

she sits beside me and looks at the pics of show coverage on here but thats as close as she gets to doing anything on the hamb

there has to be something said for a woman that can tell a 9/16's from a screw driver and can run a bead and isnt afraid to get in up to her elbows under a hood

10. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

most of the time this place is HAMB for girls!

11. fat141

fat141

...as long as it has a V-8. Thats my girl![/QUOTE]

Mine prefers a "straight six" and no, she doesn't know that I just wrote that :D
    Rod (pun intended)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  12. robleticia

robleticia

Agreed!

13. big bad john

big bad john

........My friend says it would be cool......she loves old cars .....

14. Ladies of the HAMB - Ladies that own their own HAMB-friendly cars or trucks.

Ladies of the HAMBed - Ladies that are "HAMB widows"!

:D

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

We only have one computer, I can see a problem if my better half got involved here, she does love the hobby.

16. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

We even have our own t-shirt design :):)

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. surfersrust

surfersrust
    from Brisbane

Hi all it's great to chat with the Ladies as well as the Guys... I can't get that link but I'll keep searching... Don't forget male or female if we are HAMBERS we love the cars just as much... Cheers

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. mike bowling

mike bowling

Ahhhhhh,NO. Is there nothing sacred left in the world?

19. Yep, this thread is still just as dumb even 4 years later

20. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Why do we need a separate area for the ladies, this is a group hobby, lets keep it that way.

21. If shes not into cars, no need for her to be on the HAMB. Im not on any Justin Beiber groups.

22. Model T1

Model T1

This thread was started almost four years ago. What have we learned? :( My wife does look at the pictures here and laughs at some of the remarks. She loves all old cars but hates computers. I'm keeping her on a HAMB free diet!
    Personally I can't tell whether some of you guys are gals or not by what you write! :confused:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. DC43

DC43

My Wife "suggested" We buy an AR15 for Christmas.
    THEN She "suggested" We buy a 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan, already chopped, filled and on a rolling chassis.
    And on top of all of that, I'm teaching Her how to weld and fabricate.

Oh yeah, We got the AR, and We got the Plymouth.
    So- all that said, My Wife is part and parcel of ALL of the gearhead going-ons in Our Home........................

Forums included.

24. I think it's great. I'm not part of the "no girls allowed" crowd. I love women, unfortunately I just don't know very many that are into old cars, but they'd be welcome in my garage.

25. Seriously?,,it's just one of the hundreds of social forums,it just happens to cater to the lady's,some in my opinion are more hard core hot rodders than some of the guys on the Hamb,and no, I'm not referring to the guys I quoted! HRP

26. Lmao !

Reading might help, you've had 4 years to ponder this. Real slow, read this 4 year old reply located up the page a little.
    [​IMG]
    KaddyKimberMember
    This is the perfect place for me, I don't need my own HAMB, I need the HAMB. My friends complain about me getting lost in a conversation about cars. I start talking cars with someone and I hear the mumble of "oh no, she's talking cars again, we lost her for awhile."

This thread isn't about starting a social group, which if it was would be a great idea.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  27. This is the social group...........HRP
    Ladies of the HAMB

28. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Would they have to be Traditional Women?.....if so, first define what a Traditional Woman would be like............hehehe

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Will WIFI reach the kitchen?

:D

30. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

You better hope not...