Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kiwi Quickchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dustyp489, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Dustyp489

Dustyp489

Has any one in the states bought a Quickchange from Kiwi Quickchange from New Zealand . I am wanting to install one in my 31 Pickup and have e-mailed Derek who seems nice to deal with just wanted some feed back on product and dealing with an overseas company.

2. Hi there,

I meet Derek at the Toowoomba Swap Meet , in Queensland Australia about 3 years ago...

I had a good look at his product ...very nice work.

He seemed like a pretty straight shooter to me..

I have recommended him to a couple of other rodders here in Oz that are looking for an early style quickie.

I run a Winters in my own car and was interested in his design ....(always learning)

Regards

Ozzie Bob
    Coupe1946

3. I have e-mailed him also, he is only across the pond from me. He seems like a really nice guy, he says he has sold alot of quickchanges to you guys. Do a search for 'quickchange' and you will see a guy has installed one on his A model.
    I am also doing the ground work on getting V8 one very soon, but the Kiwi ones do not come with pinion and crown wheel it seems, if I was you I would look into the Sperado (spelling), seems to be the whole package and a good price, just a shame about the dollar conversion at the moment.

Anyone else want to chime in with some info.

4. i just got a quote form him and its about the same price as spardo but it has the pinion support like rodsville. and this was shipped to my door...

bump to top, id like to hear more about this product also.

5. Derek is a top guy. I've bought lots of stuff from him, and he is cheaper and more honest than some of the other Model A parts dealers. I have no hesitation in recommending him. He's away from home this week, so you wont get any reply from him until the weekend. Had to take his missus to hospital in Christchurch.

6. alchemy

alchemy

I haven't bought a quickchange from him, but I met Derek here in Iowa, in the middle of the United States, at a tiny ten vendor swap meet. He was buying crusty Model A parts if I remember correctly. Seemed like a nice guy.

7. Ah yes, the lady has a couple of nice lumps there.

Does Derek make a V8 version as well?

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

A nice set of lovely lady lumps always make me smile.
    The parts are nice look in too

9. Is this Derek Thomason from Antique ford parts in Nelson? Ive got his latest catalog and it says quick changes are avalible, but dosent give details.
    im kean on one.:)

10. woodbox

woodbox

I run one in my roadster and love it. A very nice bit of kit!
    [​IMG]
    I would highly recommend his products. I met him while down his way on vacation a couple of years back. Great guy and enthusiastic engineer.

11. Damn............that's some kitsch gear in your rear. Lady lumps and that.....I'll take two please. Nice car bro. That ass is fukn' sweet.

Fred Roberts likes this.
  12. Does anyone have a contact info for derek who makes the qc ?

13. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Should be able to get ahold of California roadster co./ kiwi konnection They are probably a dealer or know where to steer you