Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Friday Art Show_9-19-2014\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Hey that's a 66! One year difference isn't killing me. I like it!

Jigger likes this.
  2. EL PASO / Dixie gas sign ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Running out of stuff to contribute. Need to get my $@! in gear. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411149009.245884.jpg

Jigger, Merlin, robber and 2 others like this.
  4. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

How 'bout a little less seen twist on a '33 Willy's?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411149067.120018.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Davkin and Cruisin' like this.
  5. Uh Bob, the artwork you do does not have anything Rat about it, its always traditional IMHO just keep on keepin on. Artwork has nothing to do with a piece of shit build, its artwork....................

6. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Dave, Carl, thank you for your thoughts ........

7. I was told to check in with the friday art show for help / direction on having some artwork done for some "Snewpee" T-Shirts... some people expressed interest in having a T-shirt with my survivor hot rod Model A on it - any suggestions ? thanks in advance, here's my story... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=23897

8. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

It's art, it's automotive, it's old! It certainly sounds like it fits the bill on the FAS, regardless if it's a "rodent" rod! There's always someone that'll bitch about something, and this seems a bit petty, IMO.

Hill_County-rodshop and Zapato like this.
  9. KCsledz

KCsledz

Denns1989 likes this.
  10. KCsledz

KCsledz

If you want to talk technical then it is just the fine artists that are "traditional". Not so sure digital manipulation or vector work could be called "traditional" in that sense, but the content can fix that (I play a lot in the vector art field). Can't say I am a huge fan of everything that gets posted, but I am a fan of the fact that people continue to post hot rod art that they are passionate about. Isn't that the point? Im not choosing sides because art is about opinions, but if you are willing to offer a negative critique you should also be willing to put a piece of your art out there so people can see where you are coming from.

JimC and Zapato like this.
  11. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks for your thoughts ......... the message I got wasn't a critique as much as letting me know that most here are not fond of that style of car and any artwork of it. It was a helpful message I think and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't posting art here that was no supported by the web owner or MODS.

Don't want to start a flame war here so I'm not going to criticize anyone who doesn't like certain styles of artwork being posted on the HAMB. I only brought it up to make sure I wan't doing something I shouldn't be doing. I try to support the FAS and contribute each week if I can and appreciate all the others who do the same. Not all of it is what I like, but I do like the effort from all and the support of the weekly artwork.

12. KCsledz

KCsledz

True Bob. But if you get too off topic a MOD will usually jump in.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. KCsledz

KCsledz

So to get some art going again here is a couple of desk sketches for future shift knobs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jigger likes this.
  14. Bob, there are plenty of artists and members here who will appreciate your Rat Rods for what they are from an artistic stand point. You may even get a pass by the fact that, for several years, you have been pretty consistent with the traditional content. I do think it is possible that the Rat Rods will be removed, not because the HAMB mods are Traditional snobs but because the HAMB is pretty clear on keeping content on topic, which means "Traditional".
    It has happened to me in the past and I'm cool with it. I figure we are given a pretty cool forum with which to share our art, it isn't too much to ask to keep it on topic as to avoid the conflict. Again, your 'art' speaks for itself and is enjoyed by many so it's your call. My advice is be like me, don't take it personally if the Rats get the ax. It isn't meant to be personal, just business and policy winning out.
    Cheers man, nice work this week, especially on the blue Coupe, love it!!!

JBurt likes this.
  15. Great show everyone. Dan Wow!
    Buick59, feels like it has been way past a year, miss your work.

16. palat

palat

Awesome art everyone!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jigger, JBurt, robber and 2 others like this.
  17. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Mark, appreciate your insight. I don't take it personally........ if the mods think certain types of rides shouldn't be here, I have no problem with that. Just glad to be a part of this and want to play by the rules.

JBurt and Jigger like this.
  18. Back on deck after being down country, working....
    F.A.S. rules!
    Four from me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robber and Jigger like this.
  19. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I didn't have anything new to share this week, at least nothing that's HAMB appropriate so I did a quick vintage photo pen sketch.
    sketch238.jpg
    David

Jigger, KCsledz, JBurt and 5 others like this.
  20. I'm sure the driver has a cross flow head.
    BTW Roo I see Repco repops are about the place. And I guess you've heard the story of the pallet of 'em that Repco dumped 'cause they didn't sell.

21. How about another'n while it is still Friday???

"Chevy Shop Truck…"

[​IMG]

Spoggie, JBurt, slack and 4 others like this.
  22. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I wish I had the talent to draw.All I have is scratching on napkins

23. Hinson

Hinson
    from Md

I have to agree. I'm old enough to remember the hot rods of the late '40s and '50 and many of those hot-rods would be called 'rat-rods' today. If not, then what exactly is the definition of 'hot-rod.'

24. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Drawing is no different than any other skill, (like metalworking for example) it just requires some instruction, study and practice, mostly practice. Believe me, it didn't come naturally to me, in fact I almost gave up on it until I got better instruction but it took years of practice to get to this point and I still have a lot of room for improvement left.

David

25. A slightly more arty one...
    [​IMG]

robber and Jigger like this.
  26. Thanks Mister Dave. I retract.