Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hillclimb...Nor Cal Reliability Run...Where's all the pics, dadgummit...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Thanks for the support, it was a Spectacular weekend! I wish I could have done the Reliability Run with all of you!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. luciomduran

luciomduran

4. I can't see them all but a few of those pics are from my IG. You guys that aren't on there really need to get on. I'm sure ther was a time when you didn't "do the HAMB either." You are missing out! Also, if you go to my profile page (or anyone's who is on Instagram) you can see all the pics in my/their feed. (Some may not be car related though so be forewarned.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Do you have a smart phone?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

are you kidding?...old guy has old flip phone.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The Conspiracy Theory side of my brain is starting to see a pattern emerging.
    All the younger Hamb members are posting all their pics on Instagram. This confuses and frustrates all the old guys who don't have smart phones, and end up leaving the Hamb and start collecting stamps...New World Order!

8. IG is the best. All pics and very little drama

Winzy and WiredSpider like this.
  9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I knew it! Even Chris has been brainwashed!

10. HAHA, been on it for years Larry

11. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Mike what a great job brother!! I moved from Colorado 2 years too soon, now I have an excuse to go back next September................Mike you got a spot for a 276ci '32 3W next year?

12. Instagram is great and all, but tiny square pictures on my cell phone is not my favorite way to view an awesome event. I am sure someone took some photos with a non cell phone camera that should be cropping up shortly.

seadog likes this.
  13. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Royboy Productions has a large gallery of pictures of the cars.

14. highboy

highboy
    from marin

I was on the norcal reliability run and it was a blast. Over twenty rods screaming down Hwy 1 down the coast towards SF. Up the twisty backside of Mount Tam punching through the fog to the top with panoramic veiws everywhere... Then back up north to Healdsburg dry creek road.....unfortunately my camera - phone has oil or something on the lens ...every pic looks like an 80's Barbara Walters interview ...but I know people were taking pics so hopefully they'll turn up soon

15. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Here are a few pictures from the Northern California Reliability Run. There were 19 cars running that day to the top of Mount Tam to the vineyards in Dry Creek valley. Sorry for the crappy phone camera pics, but I forgot my "good" camera. . . 20140913_085258.jpg 20140913_085336.jpg 20140913_095644.jpg 20140913_095728.jpg

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

3 days and still no threads...aarrgh

17. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I can now honestly say that I am Gobsmacked...I really don't understand why there has been so very little coverage of one of the coolest events with some very cool cars (some with RARE speed equip.) for traditional hot rods to come down the Pike (pun intended). Last year there was tons of pics and videos of The Hot Rod Hillclimb during and after here on the Hamb, and now, 4 days after the event, I'm still ranting about no threads about it anywhere. I don't have access to Instagram (no Smart Phone)...what's a Mother to do?... ya buncha slackers. :p

...where's my beer?

20. Larry, it is all over Facebook and Instagram, I'm not sure why it's not here. I'll try to get a solid post up this week.

21. They must be too busy taking "selfies".:rolleyes:
    image.jpg

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I guess that's my point...why do we have to go elsewhere to find coverage of our own events? Old guys don't Facebook, Instagram, Tweet, etc. We do Fart, but they don't have an App for that yet.

23. Ditto^^^^^^agree. It is "over the top" event, sort of. Tim

24. Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  25. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Hey Larry , I have some pics coming for the reliability run. It takes me some time to get the pics posted because I have to download them.resize them,edit them and then load them to here or FordBarn . Plus that full time job and just regular life . Trust me , I am excited to share them... I am trying :) Plus I have some really cool videos but I have to edit those to and they are really time consuming because I suck at editing go pro videos. There must be an easier way .

26. Larry... just my perspective.... there are so many more people on the FB and IG, it is so easy, and nearly all... your friends, family and others are there. The people in Georgetown are not on the HAMB, wouldnt know how to post here. I think that is why it is more prevalent there.

27. jer11ren

jer11ren

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  28. Squablow

Squablow

Some incredible pictures here, the run and the hillclimb look amazing, and the correctness of the cars is very impressive. I wish Wisconsin had stuff like this happening, although it'd be tough to round up more than a couple of truly period correct rods to do it.

Now I'm having to decide if learning Instagram is worthwhile. I'm sure lots of great pics, but on the other hand, I don't need another time sink pulling me away from projects!

29. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Great pictures, looks like is was a great event. Thankyou for sharing them with us

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Larry, it's probably because its much easier to share pics on IG then to start a topic here only to be buried with "why my screwdriver smells like cheese" threads. Its fast, easy & effective. I can follow more builds, road trips, carshows etc.. in a fraction of the time I could here, without having to deal with the know it alls and asshole types. I'll look for some more pics to post up for ya.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

WiredSpider likes this.