Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New project for my lady

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DFW31, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Boy,,, that statement is a double edge sword
    It's true origin of meaning is that , being said to the woman - it is important to be responsible for your own happiness as if not your entire household will be in strife because of you !!! That strife will forever lead to a never ending chain of dread in your house.

Some women think its a license to be a tyrant and rule like a dictator with the consequences of your insubordination being living with her unhappiness - this is her entitlement and duty to make everyone unhappy until she is made happy.
    wrong!
    Next

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Y'all don't know this one, she's got just enough attitude to keep me online and acting right haha. Took 25 years to find one and I'm keeping her. Working on this truck for her will surely get me out of trouble from time to time. It ought to at least let me get away with leaving some of my shit around the house haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great looking truck! I had a first series '55 back in the early 1970's wouldn't mind having another today. Bob

4. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

So basically you are her "project" ?
    She has just enough attitude to "keep you tuned up" online and acting right?

See how that works :)
    Just kidding brother

5. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Haha no worries it is what is. I'm definitely her project. The truck is my project to keep her inline

6. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Well so far today....
    -fresh fuel filter
    -coolant
    -valve cover gasket
    -bad soft brake line replaced
    -about to change the oil
    -found a leaky exhaust manifold gasket, so hopefully after that, it'll be running smooth and less smokey

And I haven't had to done one thing around the house today haha!! And I got a gnarly breakfast. So far things are going spectacular

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Black with red wheels is a good look. Far better then pink or a pastel color. Feel fortunate after all it is "hers".

8. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Black with red wheels is overdone and usually not done well. This truck will be gloss turquoise, the original chevy color. It's actually what the tuck was originally. The top will be a gloss white. Color matched wheels, trim rings, spider caps and wide whites. Chevy turquoise is a timeless color. Flat black and red wheels, to me is a fad. It's a cool look but it won't stand the test of time

9. Just FWIW, I believe that '53 was the first year for automatic availability on those. They are RARE. As in Hen's teeth with diamond stud rare.

Before modifying it, I'd be tempted to offer it up. Might get enough cash to buy AND do another.

Cosmo

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  10. There you go, selling his girls truck to get her something better - she's gonna do this :mad:

11. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

See this is interesting, the title we have says 53. But the grille is obviously 54 (I know, interchangeable with 53). I was told by another hamber that its an early 55 and that 55 was the year for the auto.

I cannot flip the truck as it was part the deal I made. I'm still interested to know actual rarity and value

12. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Will be she be working on it at all or will you be doing all the work?

13. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

She's going to help and I'll teach her as much as I can but I wanted to do it for her. It's sort of an early birthday gift.

RiotPirate likes this.
  14. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Did some rattle cAn resto last night lol
    Going to paint this weekend. Pushing for pistons and paint

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410889997.919619.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410890034.669119.jpg

15. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Sounds like good plan for color, I was referring to gloss black, it's timeless. Good luck on your quest for Pistons & Paint.

16. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Gloss black would have new ideal but not in the budget for this one. Gloss black is going on my 31 A. Eventually lol

17. She is WOMAN, right? I am old enough to know.

Ben

18. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Most definitely a woman. I wish I could post the pictures her sister took of her when they stole my 31 when I was out of town for work. Lets just say they were good enough that I was not mad at all about the theft lol.

19. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Paint progress, 9 colors on this old pickup

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411600465.325956.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411600494.091069.jpg