Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Ohooligan Hottie - 50 Merc Barn find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lono, Feb 5, 2014.

1. hahaha! the car is officially registered in the USA in my name! Fred it was great to see you and today i'm feeling the effects of a 13 hour round trip! car is unloaded and in it's temp. storage safe and sound!

2. looking at a 98 lincoln mark as donor car, 4.6 V8 DOHC! If that doesn't pan out guess a boring old 350 chevy will power it along!:rolleyes:

3. Lono

Lono

Damn, good idea. Scrap that old frame, drop in some bags and zoom. Some Boyd Coddingtons would look so cool tucked up in there.

[​IMG]

4. froghawk

froghawk

A metalflake tribal flame paint job, Lambo doors, and low profile Vogue tires would be awesome, too!

5. Lono

Lono

hmmmm, Lambo doors on a Mercchero, I think froghawk is onto something. This build is turning into a Sam Barris on steroids, blending old school traditional with new school traditional!

6. no sale on lincoln so chevrolet it be!

7. Lono

Lono

Yeah baby! No flathead over priced, under powered water heater for your build! Class all the way, ignoring the nay sayers and Jezuz freaks! I applaud your choice in power.

8. I would put a 22R toyota engine in it just because its mine!:eek: thats why its a custom!

9. daddio211

daddio211

Did someone say S10 chassis?

10. WTF! :eek: S10 would be too much work! might get jaguar front and rear!

11. daddio211

daddio211

I seems to fit well with your big billets, 22R, Lambo doors, etc. Don't forget a floating center console and kandy graphics up the hood that carry over the dash, down the console and out the trunk.

12. daddio211

daddio211

Oh yeah, don't forget an IRS so you can get 30° of negative camber so the kids will think you have a cool "stance"!

13. not sure if your running with the joke or trying to exceed your 72 IQ?

14. daddio211

daddio211

If you think my IQ is that high you're sadly mistaken. And it's a joke, dude.

15. HAHAHA!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. Paragons1

Paragons1

Lono, just found this site as a result of a search for ICCA:Not sure if you ever received any additional info regarding the ICCA, but just in case ......
    In the early 60's I was a member of the Paragons Car Club of La Crescenta, CA. We were one of the early clubs to join the International Car Club Association. The ICCA was formed under the auspices of the NHRA and was headed up by Barbara Parks, wife of Wally Parks, with club involvement and activities coordinated (and mentored) by long-time street rodder, enthusiast, tech writer and all-around good guy Leroi "Tex" Smith. Club activities included member club vehicle safety checks, vehicle test drives, performance evaluations, design competitions: All to give positive attention to club activities and safe hot rodding. I've attached a picture of my jacket's ICCA patch and a cover of Car Craft magazine with our club in the upper right hand promo spot.
    Best wishes.

IMG_20140910_224551_661-R2 EM.jpg CarCraft Cover scan1-121006-resize.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Lono like this.
  17. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Wtf happened to this thread..... was great them bam a useless bunch of crap. Did the car get sold? New thread? Read it twice and I'm still not sure lol

chryslerfan55 and bct like this.
  18. Peter i bought the car and it's new home in the states is Tacoma Washington and it's still 200 miles from home being stored and a hamb members place for couple more weeks. i will start new thread when i pick up car.

19. thanks for posting that info!

20. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Ok cool 55 dude hope to see a build thread in the future I really like that old merc.

21. Lono

Lono

Thanks Mate, Its great when there's positive feedback on hamb instead of the useless opinions that most Self important Faggits post.

22. Lono

Lono

Always knew you was a shmartarse. Might see you in early November.. will let you know.

23. daddio211

daddio211

Please do! Still warm here then, you might like to come defrost! And I promise to put my guns and conservative politics away while you visit! :D

24. bigorangetruck

bigorangetruck
    from TX

Nice one!! I watched a '50 Merc in West Texas for years and then one day...Gone!
    I will always regret not attempting to get it. :(

25. I should have some new pictures up next week!

26. I've had weeks like that....

27. been busy with sick relatives and everything has been put on hold!:(:(

28. WHERE ARE ALL THE PICTURES! ?????

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. ANYONE! HOW CAN I GET THE PICTURES FROM THIS THREAD? I OWN THE CAR AND WOULD LIKE THEM IF POSSIBLE. THANKS!:oops: