Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Sep 9, 2014.

1. scotts52

scotts52

What are peoples thoughts on this thing. I think it's kinda ugly but maybe there's some interest out there and I could flip it for some extra project money. Pontiac.jpg

2. camerl2009

camerl2009

id use it to tow a race car but it needs a lot of work done to the camper part

3. Any more info and/or pics?

4. Buy it, ditch that ugly ass camper thing and bolt a 40's pickup bed on the back.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

49ratfink and willbe like this.
  5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

^^^^^^^^^^Great Idea!^^^^^^^^^

prior to reading that suggestion! my only thought was "don't buy it unless you get it cheap enough to part out"

The Pontiac part looks pretty good...the 'camper'........ummmm, not very period correct??!!

6. Gotta side with the Sgt. on this one. In some parts of the world, that's a dwelling!
    How about a ramp truck? Picture an Anglia gasser hanging off the back!

7. retromotors

retromotors

Guess there was a lot of that going around!:eek:

Image01.jpg

8. Those were a thing, you could buy. I don't know how collectible they are but I've seen a few of them over the years. Usually on a Cadillac, but some on other makes too.

9. I like the Poncho, the camper not so much,...I agree with fuzzybear.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wonder if they could start a Vintage Motorhome parking area at Hershey? Bob

11. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

When the out of date hearses didn't sell, they got turned into campers!

12. Did the camper get a diagonal section ? Looks like an overturned fiberglass boat on the front....hell who knows? Ingenuity of the mind has done some wild stuff. Pretty cool, sorta'. I dunno' what I would do with it. Almost looks like its ready to wheelie. There's an ass for every seat, isn't there?

13. very rare conversion, do some searching, there are groups that preserve these "monstrosities"

14. Save the money you would spend and put it in your project! HRP

cptn60 likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

interesting, yes - "maybe" flip, good luck

16. If you don't really want it, why tie up money in something that would have very few potential buyers. It would have already been sold if anyone wanted it. Probably take more money to get ready to sell than you could ever get out of it. Thats my opinion.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Only if you can afford to have your money and space tied up in it for a while waiting for that one in a million yutz to come out of the woodwork and love it. Looks like a high working capital, low margin flip to me. Fun money only, or I'd say pass.

If it would easily accept a pickup box as already said, you may have something if you can do it without much money and time doing it.

Interesting find, regardless.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. retromotors

retromotors

There ya go, fuzzybear's on the right track!
    Consider this. If the same car was advertised in the same condition, but with some sort of damage to the rear of the body, folks would be all over it with ideas to save it.
    There's a good chance that because it's so ugly it might go real cheap.
    Hell, make a pickup out of it, cut it down into some long-assed speedster kind of thing, whatever.o_O

19. Yeah, here's another..

Attached Files:

20. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Your suuuuuuuure right about ugly.....looks like a huge dog pooped on a Pontiac!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

turboroadster likes this.
  21. Kinda appeals to the offbeat side of me but then I also own a 1973 Pinto Squire Wagon.

22. ...make a pickup out of it like someone did with this 37 Dodge,....kool.
    [​IMG]

23. Motor run? if so you may be able to flip it but I would check into the motor first.

24. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the motor runs, that thing is an easy flip. Just get her going and give the steering wheel a hard crank. :D

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

might be fun to get it running and take to a show and park next to some billit clad trophy whore and watch everyone crowd around your car and ignore the million dollar ride next to it.

26. Anybody Else think that that monstrosity is two campers and a boat, tied together in unholy matrimony??

Cosmo

P.S. Don't think that one was a hearse - wheelbase too short.

27. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Not unless your in love with it to use as a camper or novelty. Hard flip to turn over.

28. scotts52

scotts52

You're all right. I think I'll pass however. I have enough irons in the fire. If someone here thinks they can make a quick buck off of it go for it. Would be cool to see someone do something with it. Here's the info:

http://pullman.craigslist.org/cto/4659225283.html

29. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

A person with extra cash and some spare time needs to buy this for a pickup conversion. $500 dollars cars are about all but gone nowadays. It`s even looks to be all there.