Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Beaver Springs Jalopy Showdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Jalopy Showdown drags Sept. 27 at BSD. Who's going? Always a great time....JT

2. This will be my first time going, went to Pimlico last year. Any decent Hotels in the area that some one can recommend?

3. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

4. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Dead Horse check out the Comfort Inn in Selingsgrove about 20 miles north of Beaver Springs. That's where we stay. Go to BJ's Ribs for dinner it's awesome. Hope you can make it....JT

5. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

6. I'll probably be at Pimlico. That's become a "not to miss" show for me. Wish it wasn't on the same week-end.

7. Thanks, I will check it out. My son and I we be there but unfortunately we'll be leaving the Austin home. I have heard nothing but good things about this event.

8. I agree, some of the best cars in our area but I'm getting burnt out on the car show thing. I need to smell some race gas and burning tires. Hope to meet you at an up coming event, maybe Jalopyrama or the Legends race at MIR(next weekend).

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Well, I always miss Pimlico because Larry's drags are not to be missed for anything, but I console myself with the upcoming Mike Szuba show in Annapolis...another Maryland venue, and super high quality inside the Armory. That seems to meet the same spiritual needs as Pimlico...

10. ................................That's another "not to miss" one for me as well, Bruce.

11. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Dead Horse...another event you might enjoy is the event in Henderson, NC. Oct 17-19.
    Check it out...East Coast Dragtimes.com
    This will be my 4th yr. Hugh carshow and old school drag cars. You won't be disappointed...JT

12. I went to that 2 years ago, but did not know about the racing. Its only a little over 3 hours from home so we just went for the day. Had a great time. Its pretty cool how they close the town down for the show, the cars on main street seemed to go on forever.

13. Will BE THERE!!! Getting the bad girl ready! picture033.jpg

14. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I wouldn't miss it. It's one of the best events of the year. Here's a few pics from last time.

Attached Files:

15. anymore plan on going? Race cars, show cars, or just spectating ?

16. jreeder41

jreeder41

Great show! me and the kids will def be there again this year!!! Maybe I'll bring the little Metropolitan and rip som 30 second passes lol

17. born2late

born2late

I'll be there with the A100.

Attached Files:

18. pnevells

pnevells

We will be there with the Hilltown Shaker altered IMG_4454 (800x533).jpg