Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Post Images On A Thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. If you're having trouble posting images it might help to know if you're trying to post from a phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. What browser are you using? Do you know the pixel dimensions of the image, like 1600 x 1200 pixels? Are you trying to link the photos here from an image hosting site like Photobucket or are you uploading to the HAMB's servers for storage?

2. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

me too, same problem,
    I like the old HAMB better ............

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I'm on internet explorer with a desk top computer. My pixel size is 960x960.The images are in my computer files

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I uploaded this from photobucket.

6. IMG_7781.JPG

Weird I just did this one from Explorer from my computer and it is 2500x1900pixels with no issues

7. Well this looks like one of those cases where things seem to have fixed themselves for now. I just suspect that sometimes people have problems as a result of trying to upload full sized 8 or 10 megapixel images straight from their phone or camera. It can really bog down the process especially if you have a slower internet connection.

I've just always had good luck downsizing my images before uploading them anywhere online. It was critical back when I was using a dial-up connection. And it still makes pictures upload faster using DSL.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

New Camera Test............FAILED Too large, so how do I make the photo smaller? Bob

9. The easiest way to experiment would be to try shooting a few shots at a smaller image size in your camera. Search thru your camera menus and look for a screen that lets select image size. You should be able to select something like 1024 x 768 pixels or 1600 x 1200 pixels. Try posting a couple samples here and see how it works.

If you tend to make prints of your photos you may be better off shooting at the larger sizes and then dowsizing the pics you want to upload here on your computer.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Photo test FAILED! Said it was too large............Ok how do I know what size it is and what the HAMB wants? Bob

11. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

I'll try one usually use photobucket. image.jpg

That worked great thanks Ryan

12. Did you set your camera to shoot smaller images or did you downsize them after downloading them to your computer?

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I don't know how to do either. Bob

14. Well, you'll probably keep getting the same results then.

What make and model is your new camera? And for that matter what model was your old camera that it replaced?

15. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

lets try this IMG_2422.JPG

16. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

WOW THAT WAS EASY!!!!! Now maybe I will start my build.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nothing works here, but the same size works fine on eBay, Why? Bob

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Anyone out there that would be able to accept a test photo from me and tell me what size it is? QUESTION NUMBER TWO, What size does the HAMB want? Bob

19. Between your internet service provider and mine, you may have trouble attaching and sending a 12 or 18 mega-pixel image. And I might have a problem trying to receive an email attachment that large.

I just thought that if I knew what make and model of camera you were using I might be able to better walk you thru the process of setting your camera to shoot at a smaller image size more appropriate for uploading to the web.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Another test.......................FAILED Too Large. Bob

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is there a CAN'T POST PHOTOS ON THE HAMB club? Bob

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Saturday morning and ANOTHER failed attempt after setting the camera on the SMALLEST size available. Is it as simple as the HAMB won't accept photos from some camers, and I bought the wrong one? Bob

23. Well I'm guessing that you're trying to upload a JPEG image, not a TIFF or a RAW file of some sort. And that you're uploading from a desktop computer using Internet Explorer as your browser. Shouldn't make any difference but you might try using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome. I'm guessing that you have at least a moderately fast internet connection like DSL, or are you possibly using a dial-up connection?

If you think you've set your camera to shoot smaller images I'll send you a PM with my email address. Try attaching a photo and send me copy and I'll see if anything looks obviously out of whack.

24. Once you have loaded your pictures into your computer go to the file you have them in you should be able to hold the cursor over the thumbnail of the picture and the size information should come up it will give you a dimension which will be written like 970 X 850 and then below should give you a size which should be expressed in a number of KB's or MB's. Ryan says you can go as big a 5 MB but it will depend on your internet sever as well.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Another test: First photo I ever took with the new camera is 4608 x 3456 and 6.65Mb === CLUELESS what that means. With the setting set at the lowest I took one that has 2304 x 1728 and 2.01 MB. Both are GREAT photos, the camera paid for itself with the photos it took and had ACCEPTED by eBay. Bob

26. The first is definitely too big. The second should work but if you have a slow internet connection it may run out of time before it loads and that would probably cause the file too big issue. As mentioned you may also try a different browser when trying to upload the pictures as some seem to cause issues with stuff working here for some reason.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Really, Will that take more or less time than me rewiring the Space Shuttle? Bob

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

When I press "upload a file" nothing happens.
    I am on a Windows desktop using Firefox. I have checked and javascript is enabled.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  29. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

1940Fordpickup 04.jpg Testing with Explorer. Works. The problem is within Firefox.

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ok, I've been away a couple of weeks and...

I just started a thread on a recent trip. But I can only post one photo at a time! What gives? I can distinctly remember being able to post groups of images at a time. All I get is a funky window that takes me to my computer. After clicking thru the varius folders and files (quite time consuming) I select my image and insert it. But there is no other tab or button that lets me bring in multiple images from the same folder. When I try to add a second image, it takes me thru the same aggravating routine, from folder to folder to file. It would take forever to load images this way. Also, I thought I'd try to load the images I wanted into another album in my personal pages and then load them from there. But I can no longer find a way to add an album, let alone populate it with photos. What gives? Help please! Gary