Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Couple Kiwi's Road tripping USA , looking for mischief along the way !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Sep 1, 2014.

1. In a couple weeks two of us Fly into LA then fly to Chicago . We've bought a '48 Ford COE that is in Ohio, this is our transport for the trip !! . Our plan is to attend the Fall meets at Hershey , Carlilse and Jefferson . Then we will wander back across the states , Indiana , Illinois,Missouri,Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico,Arizona , California . We have a few interesting old salvage yards etc penciled in to visit along the way . Hoping to find parts and projects to buy.

We're interested in any suggestions of places to visit , hambers to meet and hey if anybody is silly enough to offer a sofa to sleep on for a night we're keen to do that too !

prez likes this.
  2. 41 C28

41 C28

May I ask where in Ohio you'll be picking up your COE?

3. No way that racoon is sleeping on my couch .... o_O

Safe travels to ya'

Jim

4. COE is in Hamilton , Ohio .

5. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Hey guys ....have a great trip.....Bob in Scotland

6. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

We'll be watching this thread for updates!

7. 41 C28

41 C28

Cool, Hamilton is about 13 miles down the road. Sending a pm.

8. ken1939

ken1939

Remember to drive on the right, not like Burt Monro :)
    Hope you have a good time, most of my favorite stops are in Washington State, but if your by Carlilse make your way down to Gettysburg. If you stop in Ephrata, Bertsgrasse Lutheran Church Cemetary you can pay respects to Major Dick Winters, he is in section W. (Band of Brothers Fame) It may be slightly out of your way, but come through Pittsburgh, to see the city, its on the way to Carlisle/Hershey. I am trying to make it to the Fall Carlisle meet myself, probably for that Saturday. I think you will enjoy your drive through central PA enough, very scenic, take the PA Turnpike, you can pick it up in Ohio. Many tunnels to pass through on the way. Opens to the farmland on the way.
    Your real close to Amish Country as well.

9. kb cookout

kb cookout

Have a safe trip

If you can keep us posted on your travel route and dates, I can help you out with car show / swapmeets along your route and some places to check out

later kb

10. Thanks for the responses so far guys . this is exactly the kind of info and feedback we are looking for !

Rod .

11. willymakeit

willymakeit

If your in Missouri/Springfield way, let me know. Its on the Route 66.
    There is a salvage yard north of here about 30 miles. at Humansville Mo. He has one section where he keeps older stuff. Last time I was there, there was a 41 Stude p/u. Probably about 5 acres of 50/60's cars and pickups. Some tractor and big rig items to. There's a good motel here that caters to car guys at the corner of Glenstone and St. Louis.

12. captmullette

captmullette

sounds like a great adventure......have fun and stop when you want to.....good luck

13. Davyj

Davyj

If you are going to stop in Niagara Falls, send me a pm, we have had many Aussie's a and southern rodders stop in and always have time to show the area.............

14. ThumperNZ

ThumperNZ

Hey! Might see you at Hershey, Yeah Right - in those crowds!
    We fly to Philly on Oct 3rd, we'll be mainly staying at York, Pa. Going back via Bowling Green, Ky, Nashville, Tn.

15. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

You could be real kind and collect some Model T rims for me since I bent the last lot.

15*15 Autodrags polished 5*4.5/5*4.75 with a 5 inch backspacing. Could be happy with some Convo Pros in the same size. If you are going past Summit Racing
    1200 Southeast Ave.
    Tallmadge, Ohio 44278

then just grab a new pair.

If you get stuck for accommodation, those rims will be big enough for you to sleep in on a cold night. That will leave more room for Brian (your fully fed mate) in the cab of the COE.

Thanks

16. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

And its only 232 miles (4 hours and 15 minutes) from Hamilton to Tallemadge. ;-)

17. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Don`t bother coming errrr going to Washington State..I heard there are Kiwi`s there already (ahemmm) Sounds like a great trip. Seriously...if you make it up this way, get in touch....

18. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Look us up when you get to Arizona.

19. A Boner

A Boner

Can I assume that you are planning to visit Midwest Fabrication while in Wisconsin attending the Jefferson Swap Meet?

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Have a safe journey and remember to take pics, We like pic's!;)

21. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The last weekend in Sept. (26-28th) is the James Dean Run in Fairmount, Indiana. Eight miles north is the Gas City show. Fairmount showcases 49-51 Merc's. Gas City has a great swap meet plus 1,500 cars to look at.

The following weekend is the Pumpkin Run show at the Clermont County Fairgrounds just east of Cincinnati, Ohio. Good swap meet and a couple of thousand hot rods. It is about 200 miles south of the Gas City/Fairmont event.

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. 378792-1334005675-5a684cc3006fbbc1f7a50cb3e64cbb6a.jpg Thanks for all the responses and input guys , keep them coming ! Yes we will be updating this thread with
    pictures etc as we travel . Here's a shot of the COE we will be traveling in .

24. 80WTI

80WTI

When your finished with that junker coe you should send it over to Aus, i will find something to do with it for ya, have a safe trip guys and take heaps of pics for us.

25. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

If you are on east coast this fall go to race of gentlemen in NJ jaloporama in MD and the rodders revival in md

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. jeta12

jeta12

Let me know when your in Hamilton, I am in Dayton we can meet up get some grub if possible.

27. ryno

ryno

If heading through joplin mo , rt 66 hit me up.

28. Cool how the box sits on the frame ....

Ain't seen nothing like that before

And - its' a Ford !

Jim

29. Bobbleeds shop is close to Jefferson. So let us know when you're heading through Wisconsin!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

30. bt34

bt34