Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. woodbox

woodbox

It is a whole heap of fun to drive.......any chance I get! Any excuse is a good excuse!

I did set it up to the GPS on my phone and thought it was spot on! Who knew!

~

There may have been a little excess skinny pedal in there. :)

2. woodbox

woodbox

Just got notification that my little car is on the pages of a locally produced 2015 Calendar.
    Check it out here

http://issuu.com/tanalised/docs/2015_traditional_rods_calendar

Al takes some amazing pictures of traditional hot rods and some incredible night shots of the night sky and the wonders of the galaxy from his backyard!

[​IMG]

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  3. OFT

OFT

Congratulations!!!

Picture looks familiar-wonder where I've seen it before (lol)?

4. Jiminy

Jiminy

Long overdue - you built a beautiful modified!

5. Well done, it deserves to be there. Where can I get one ??????????? JW :)

6. woodbox

woodbox

Follow the link on his page when you view.

7. woodbox

woodbox

I stole it off his FB page for my avatar.

8. woodbox

woodbox

Thank you.

9. tanalised

tanalised

Thanks for the promo Woodbox. Haven't been on here for a while!
    Anyone interested in the Traditional Rods calendar PM me and I can find out about international freight
    Cheers Al

10. woodbox

woodbox

No worries there Al. The least I could do mate.

11. woodbox

woodbox

1414033515712.jpg 1414033539763.jpg I have been slowly getting sick of the sooty crap laying down all over the paint from the exhaust. Last week I picked up a 100mm 90° bend from an exhaust shop in town. Today I set to and cut away every thing that wasn't necessary. I will seal around the slip joint with some sort of sealant. They are held in position with some 6mm threaded bar.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    kiwijeff, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  12. They look the ticket, only a matter of time and you would not be able to clean it off anymore. JW:)

13. woodbox

woodbox

Now I have lost the excuse that "It will only get dirty when I start it any way"
    Bugger! I might have to clean it more often. Too busy driving it all the time!
    Heading to Dunedin on the big bird tomorrow for the National Show, AGM and Quarterly exec meeting. Lo and behold the weather is looking somewhat ordinary and not tropical!! Where did I put those thermal Jandals?

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Scumdog

Scumdog

You might get stuck in the air trying to land in the 80kph+ winds we're getting at the moment! Oh, you'll need them thermal jandals alright...

15. I always see Dunedin as the armpit of New Zealands weather :rolleyes:. Have a good trip Wade. JW :)

16. Great looking ride.....Bet it is a fun roadster

17. woodbox

woodbox

1416462635325.jpg 1416462691386.jpg 1416462730674.jpg
    A bunch of clubies headed to Kaitaia for a run. Stopped of at Cable bay and Mangonui on the way home. Kaitaia was hosting our annual zone games day. There were all sorts of silly games to partake in with a feed and quick zone meeting afterwards.
    A fantastic day on the road in perfect conditions with great friends!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  18. Sounds like a cool run and look at that weather!!. JW :)

19. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like fun

20. Looks like nice tropical weather.
    How your trip to Dunners go?

Be great to see you bring the roadster to MCM.
    I hear the Purple People Eater may be coming.

21. woodbox

woodbox

The week in Dunedin was full on. Arrive Friday after 2 flights. Straight into the venue to start putting all the cars into the correct judging classes and set up the NZHRA stand with lottery car and merch to sell. All day saturday we were judging 80 odd cars for engine, engineering, paint, upholstery, panel etc. Saturday night out for dinner and plenty of bull. Sunday a little more judging and some reviews before the prize giving. The load out of the stadium was a great opportunity to get some footage of the cars in motion ( ).
    Monday we had the NZHRA AGM in the morning and then moved venue back to the motel conference room for our normal general meeting for the rest of the day. Tuesday we concluded the general meeting about 2pm so some of the delegats could catch planes home. The whole weekend served us well, as we covered 3 events with only one lot of travel for everyone. Wednesday Warren, Alicia and I were meant to travel home. Alicia managed to leave Dunedin bound for Auckland. The plane for Warren and myself arrived soon after then promptly they announced that it was broken. We rebooked for a flight that would take us to Christchurch then Auckland and might make our connection times to Whangarei and Kerikeri. Long story short....we made Auckland but not the connection home. Another night in a Hotel, then an early flight home on Thursday..........What a long week!
    Glad to be home and able to drive my wagon again. I had thought about taking it to Dunedin......then woke up to the reality of what that trip would have entailed!

daddio211 likes this.
  22. pljas

pljas

this is going to be a fun ride. And I 'd put old school number 22 on it and paint it yellow w/blue flames 11-18-b[1].jpg

23. woodbox

woodbox

1421293766173.jpg I had to share this picture from yesterday as the speedo clicked over 8000kms. What a spectacular spot on an awesome day to drive the coast road from Russell to Whangarei. Off to Kumeu tomorrow for the weekend. Catch me at the NZHRA tent.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  24. Is that road tarsealed all the way now Wade? Looks like a beautiful day for open crusing that is for sure.

woodbox likes this.
  25. OFT

OFT

Superb Picture!
    Have a great trip in beautiful looking roadster weather.
    Earl

woodbox likes this.
  26. just a cooool pic:D JW

woodbox likes this.
  27. woodbox

woodbox

Yes the road is sealed all the way now as part of a tourist route. Plenty of twists and turns and not much traffic.

28. woodbox

woodbox

Heading to Kumeu today. I have been going to this event for many years.......without a car! This year I finally have a ride to take......wooohoo! Perfect weather for a run south, so I am looking forward to it. I may even find a few bits for the current project.
    Come over to the NZHRA stand and say G'day.
    [​IMG]

29. woodbox

woodbox

Back from Kumeu this afternoon. Had a great weekend down there but the trans has started to slip if I feed it too much jandal in top at about 90 kph. I have put the car up on stands and will get my trans guy around tomorrow to check things out.
    A great run even with slippage, I found a scattersheild and 327 long block for my other project. I was having too much fun and took no pictures but I am sure plenty of others did.

30. Cool, did the 36 go to a worthy home? JW :)