Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 Pebble Beach Concours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Art on wheels!!!

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful. Over the top, yes, a bit cartoonish (the Ruxtons), but glad they exist. Somebody needs to always be exploring the boundaries . . . and these babies do not stray so far from center so as to be irrelevant . . . in fact, they challenge your vision of what is right. Having said that, they would not make my top 100 list of cars I would like to own.

Thanks for bringing them to us Tom!

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This could also be "art and inspiration", couldn't it? I see a lot of small and in-your-face details that would look good on a traditional custom or hot rod. Tom, your photographs are right on. Thanks for getting them on here.

4. skywolf

skywolf

The Ferrari is a 1954 375MM built for film director Roberto Rossellini by Scaglietti. It was originally a Pinin Farina spyder which had a disagreement with a tree and was re-bodied by Scaglietti. Rossellini also had a beautiful 375MM built by Pinin Farina for his wife Ingrid Bergman in 1954. Thanks for the photos. Great stuff !!

5. Many thanks to those who had the time & opportunity to attend the various events and take pics of cars I'd only dream about..........thank you, Andyd

6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Sure, Spoggie!

DSC_1252.jpg DSC_3386.jpg

rod1 and skywolf like this.
  7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Perfectly stated, (it's Jim, isn't it?). I agree with every word!
    As customizers, the early coachbuilders were the OG's.

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

9. Thanks Tom for posting these pics.
    I was at the Milwaukee Masterpiece car show last weekend. It was a blast looking at these museum quality cars AND hearing them run, then being driven around. Put a whole different perspective on things than just seeing them just sitting there in a room.

10. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Glad you are enjoying. DSC_3464.jpg DSC_3591.jpg DSC_3756.jpg

skywolf likes this.
  11. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Interesting that Dutch Darrin was featured this year. Less than 24 hours ago, I was able to peek at a 1942 Lincoln Continental Convertible that was a Darrin coachbuilt car. Owned by Errol Flynn, amongst others, and featured in a Frank Sinatra/Gene Kelly film......The kicker is that it is now owned by a Hot Rod Builder who intends to fully restore the car...looking forward to that, for sure...

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If I'm not mistaken, this is a Zagato-bodied Maserati A6GCS. Somehow the roofline and quarter windows that Zagato achieved on these cars is unique; it is so low and racy looking, and I'm not sure just why. I sure like it, though.

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

14. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here I always thought that there was more to you than being a small minded guy who can't appreciate a beautiful automobile for it's beauty alone or and idea you might glean off it for a project you are working on. You miss out on a lot that way.

rod1 and ynottayblock like this.
  17. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful images of some true pieces of artistic automotive craftsmanship .

18. David Totten

David Totten

thanks Tom as always your pictures are as good if not better than being there in person.

19. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Chopped lowrider Phantom IV? I bet the Rolls-Royce purists were fuming about that one - "Heavens to Murgatroyd! How dare they bring that... that... butchered abomination into this show! Well I never!"
    Oh put your top hat away and grow a pair.

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

No, Chris, it would never happen......I did the chop 'n' drop and I raised the rear wheel openings myself in Photoshop! You are right....They would never!

21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I never spotted it. I think it looks great!

HEMI32 likes this.