Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frank Pittenger in a bad wreck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andy, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Thoughts and prayers to Frank and his family

2. Horriblet tragedy, prays and thoughts.

3. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Thoughts and prayers to the family..

4. Condolences to the Pittenger family. Best wishes that Mr. Pittenger has a complete recovery.
    Sad day for sure.

5. Jim Elgan

Jim Elgan
    from Miami AZ

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  6. r2c1

r2c1

Prayers for you Frank ,not only for the physical injuries but spiritual well being also.

7. stoneyzoni

stoneyzoni

I saw Frank this afternoon. He was surrounded by his family and friends. He and his wife were away in a small town in the cool pines for an annual Labor Day celebration with many of the valleys car enthusiasts. He was driving his roadster and someone turned left in front of him. Car friends were behind him and someone was at his side in less than a minute. Karen was was not responsive at the scene. Injuries are pretty much as described above. The word is that he will be hospitalized (John C Lincoln off central and Dunlap) for 10 days or so. I've known Frank and his family for almost 50 years and would have a hard time finding better folks.

I know that Franks roadster is the last thing on his mind. I hope no one thinks I'm insensitive by posting a picture.

Prayers for Frank, his family and friends.

Pit roadster.jpg

8. I hate hearing about these kinds of things. Prayers for Frank's healing, and for the loss of his wife.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Frank, I am so very sorry for your loss.

10. If you ever look up the car........it is always presented with him and his wife. Even up to the Dakotas......they traveled everywhere together. That says a lot guys. It's one thing to set your ass in a roadster and go....but to do so with your partner in life as much as these two did.....wow.....that is one special kind of woman. More so...that is one special couple. I don't know Frank or Karen, but it does not take much to realize the huge hole that is opened in Arizona today. This just sucks all over. Words can never express what has just been lost for him, her, and assuredly many that know them. I'm very sorry to hear something like this. A beautiful life is lost. Part of me feels stupid or disrespectful commenting on someone that I do not know....but you know what? As a gearhead.....I would have really liked to have seen the two of them myself. To me, they are what this culture is all about. Who has a relationship like that ? God bless. My thoughts are with the family.

gc427, Spoggie and jer11ren like this.
  11. wow, terrible news... prayers to frank and his family.....

12. As one who very seldom drives the rod without my wife beside me, this hits very close to home! My thoughts are with Frank and his family.

13. Totally devastating news.
    I met Frank at the Pavilions cruise in Scottsdale a couple years ago during our Winter stay when I fell in love with his 32. Picked his brain extensively about the Hemi because I was planning to put one in my sedan.

14. rc57

rc57

My condolences and prayers go out to Frank and his family.

15. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

what a terrible tragedy. Hopefully God will heal Frank and mend his heart too. I cannot imagine what he must be going through. I echo what Wolfcreek-Steve said. I too, being a full time caregiver for my wife, am never without her by my side when I am out in the '40. It gives me a shudder to read what happened to Frank and his wife. God's mercy and comfort to the family.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  16. To those who know Frank, please pass on to him how sorry we are for his loss and that many are praying for him in his grief. I'm so saddened this happened to him, life can seem so unfair sometimes. Reminds us all how quickly life can change. I too hope God heals Frank and his family's wounds over this tragedy.

17. Andy

Andy

Thanks to everyone. The thoughts expressed will be much appreciated. I have sent a link to those close to Frank. I am sure they will show it to him when possible. He is still in intensive care but I don't think he is in danger.
    I have seen pics of the car.
    I am going to put a shoulder belt set up in my roadster. I am going to put a roll bar under and behind the seat with diagonals and attach shoulder belts to it.
    I would highly suggest anyone who drives their car do the same. Frank lost his wife, his health and his car over a stupid driver in about two seconds. He did nothing wrong. We need to take some safety steps.

18. Sundown Kid

Sundown Kid

Prayers go out to him and his family. This is heartbreaking.

19. cr

cr
    from scottsdale

Karen you're now an Angel to watch over
    Frank and your family. Why did we lose such a great LADY?
    I have known the Pittenger's since the 70s "NONE FINER"
    Frank be strong

20. I lost my wife a few months back due to cancer... I'm still in shock. She went with me to all shows and shared my passion for old cars. All the best to Frank, his family and friends to recover and move on the best that they can.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  21. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Very sad news. I do not think it was inappropriate at all to show the picture of Frank and his car.

Rest in Peace Karen. Thoughts and condolences to Frank and his family and friends.

Texas57 likes this.
  22. rztrike

rztrike

Prayers sent

23. We never know the hour or the day,God has a plan for us all.

Prayers for Frank,he has experienced the sudden loss of his wife Karen that cannot be comprehended unless one has been dealt that horrific blow and he is also severely injured,,I can't imagine being in his shoes..I pray that God grants Frank the strength to heal both physically & spiritually.

I also pray for the entire Pittenger family & friends,it will take them all to help heal and uplift Frank's faith and spirit's during this long recuperation. HRP

24. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

There is a local guy here who was taking his daughter for a ride when the throttle stuck. He crashed and she died. I agree that these cars need seat and shoulder belts. Don't wait for a tragedy.

racingonerobb likes this.
  25. Mike

Mike

Frank is tops, and so was Karen. Two of the finest people one could ever meet. I am deeply saddened, but thankful that Frank is still with us. Frank is a strong person, I truly beleive that he will have the strength to carry on and bounce back after this terrible loss.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  26. Thoughts and prayers for the family during these trying times.

27. jeta12

jeta12

So very sorry.....Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

28. Good Lord, that's horrific. Sad deal, thought's and prayer's sent.

29. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tragedy for sure!----Prayers for the family.