Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Or the.....

Hokey Croaker

Hokey Choker

Oprah Stroker

Oprah Poker (yuck)

Oprah Doinker

Oprah Choker (wanted to do that myself on several occasions)

Ouchie Dinker (might wanna get that looked at)

Brokie Smoker (it will be from chasing my Ford)

Icky Doinker

Icky Dicker (once again,a topical ointment may reduce redness and swelling)

Hickory Dickory Docket (your barely faster than Moon Rocket!)

Pokey Doker (why yes,yes you are)

Dopey Choker (you must have the 'reefer madness' if you wanna mess with the Shaker)

Goaty Bloater (your ass DOES look fat in those pants!)

Floaty Boater (already explained that one)

Motor Boater (runs like it's powered by evinrude)

Bloaty Floater (I've pulled more attractive things outta the river)

Goaty Roper (No wait...that's somebody else)

Oinky Doinker (cause you're gonna SQUEEEEEEEAL LAAHK A PIG BOY!)

Also,please note,my sister is fair game,as she isn't married yet.;)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30dodgeboy likes this.
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Was the "Deliverance" reference a bit much....?

Lmao! :D

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  3. Canadians ..... we hear banjos all the time in the South.

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  4. Saxxon

Saxxon

Not a fair comment as we northern folks use our sisters for kissing practice. Too hard to catch moose or those furry flat tailed critters with the buck teeth...oh wait... that still describes my sister...

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Baaahahaaaa!

Dog,what are you gonna be running at the Meltdown next year?We need some more crazy Southern Boys to come tear it up.....Donovan was an absolute riot,and had by FAR my favorite quote of the entire event:

"Well shoot,if they'd jus put a sticker on it that said do not exceed 8200rpm I'd do that!"

:D

Quains group were an absolute riot,and a great bunch of guys:)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  6. Ok, back from lunch, all that Ballyhoo earlier, made me hungry, and thirsty.., what'd I miss?
    Ok, Scott said this, and Davie said that, and Sock Sucker said this.., and, he said.., hey, where is.., ah crap, I hope we didn't break Fencemender man, I like that guy.

7. Scott
    The SEG guys are good souls for sure! I hope to run up there next year in a 39 Dodge with an injected 392. Its all iron and probably gonna be more show than go - but to be honest - I don't want to learn to drive this thing on 700HP :eek: if it goes in some consistent direction with the all iron motor we can consider heads and stroke and all that next.

I can't print the gasser name list from our club board :oops: maybe I'll call it "Paddle Faster!"
    Tony

30dodgeboy likes this.
  8. You just need to get wrenchin on that Shaker of yours!

Many are doing exactly that right now to pass the time till July of 2015...

I am pretty sure there won't be as many toothpicks, sticks, rubber knives, and other blunt objects brought to the 2015 gunfight. I myself am going to make damn sure I don't show up again with a good gun but no ammo... ;)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    beebee78 likes this.
  9. Tony, that is the right way to do it, especially with a brand new build (remember MDA rule #1 is BE SAFE!) When it runs straight and feels good, then turn up the power a whole bunch!!!

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Dog Patch,I KNEW I should know the name from somewhere...I've been following your build thread!lol!

That's a fantastic car!

Looking forward to seeing it make some passes!:)

Scott

11. I was wondering just how long till that term was going to be thrown into the ring too, and I see you didn't let me down ha ha ha :D

Who here thinks the Lakeside Spanker will give the Pokey Doker a beat down?

Or is Jeff going to make Scott turn himself around and around and around as Jeff motors on by?????

Okiedoker likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I am voting for Scott I think with those big tube headers hes going to slip it a mickey.

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  13. Well, the Opie Smoker already has the Shithouse Stanker by a second, so although Scotts not gonna leave on Dark green light like Eric did, Scott has to pick up at least a second if Jeff sits on his butt the whole year. They better both get to wrenching though cause we're almost into September, and you guys oughta be getting your first blizzard any minute now right?

powrshftr, Okiedoker and 30dodgeboy like this.
  14. Yeah, I think you're right...any minute now it might be a blizzard... of smack talk blowing around and accumulating on this thread...

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

All I can say is you better hope I don't stop shopping for my parts in the dumpster behind the chines restaurant.

16. Why's that?

I don't think there's any horses to be found there, just missing cats and dogs...

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well ric I must say you do have a way of shit talking that is like no other and no you didn't run me off i had to work pretty damn hard this afternoon and then after work I was in the garage with my daughter working on her 64 studebaker she is 13 and is already bustin ass on her car so I had to take a break from smack talk and focus on family but now i am back and you can't put me down that easy lmao just a FYI you might have a weight and cubic inch advantage and my compression ratio is 7.1:1 and I'm running 14 lbs of boost which is 13.86 final compression yes I have to run 110 octane fuel but first good pass last Friday at test and tune it ran. 10.99 at 119 mph it was 100 plus degrees outside and I haven't even really got it tuned yet I'm not making excuses but this beater will damn sure run I know .5 of a second is a long way to go but if I cut a good light bet we would be at least a good run just remember tonight when you go to sleep the neighborhood nightmare will be haunting you

Ps: sleep well my friend bwhaaaaaaaaa

18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

One more thing I sure am glad you posted a pic of the back of the 56 cause I would have never known what it looked like lmao plus I figured you and Scott can compare notes on the tailgate of the Willys so I'm not gonna post a pic of it lmao

19. awsomeears

awsomeears

Just getting around to seeing these, you got me in 3 shots and there perfect !!!

Thanks much, only thing I didn't get was a video in the water box, these pie crusts didn't smoke but sure sounded great

20. WAY TO GO WRENCH! 10.99 @ 119 ain't bad at all, that's serious C/GS territory back in the day, I'm proud of you. I'm ashamed I don't already know, but what trans are you running? If its an old Hydro, then I know why your Willys is so heavy! What body style is your daughters Stude, Lark, Daytona, ? That's cool she likes old cars, my 24 year old is luke warm, she let her mom (my ex) sell her 1959 Buick Le Sabre with 401 power that tan fine when parked in the garage 10 years ago, for $250. My little 9 year old adapted daughter loves our 62 Dodge and is begging me not to sell it. It'd be really fun to put our 306 & 5.57 or 5.86's in the '56, and have a blown vs. Unblown shootout.

PS. Scott, you do understand your in some serious doo doo here with Bentfender right!? 10.99, and he's got all winter to refine his little Ute. Handling the Slippery Soaper is a cake walk compared to what Wenchlender has brewing for you. You better stop giggling like a school girl, and commence with the wrench bending yourself!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  21. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Thanks ric it's been hell getting there but I finally reaped the benefits of all the hassle. I wish it was a hydro all I have gathered up for that is a Chevy bellhousing and flywheel/convertor assembly oh and the most important part the hydrostick shifter anyhow it has a t-10 4speed if I keep up the 4000 rpm launches it ain't gonna last long lol the reason it is so heavy is that I tend to over engineer things and I beefed up the frame so much cause a stock Willys frame is a cheap ass flimsy piece and I was a bit scared of it lol I was shocked when I weighed it I was thinking it should be in the 2800-3000 lbs range My daughters stude is a 2 dr sedan lark it's gonna be a neat car but a driver not a race car she has already laid claim to my model t gasser in my avatar I just told her if she keeps her grades up and gets into a good college for an education we would work something out hell she maybe the pilot for the digger lol

22. I've always like the Larks body style, did she pick that one out all by herself, or did you influence that?

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Basically she walked out back through the row of cars I have and said dad I want that grey primered car out back I said alright and after she walked away I secretly jumped for joy cause it's the only absolute rust free car I had and better yet it is only missing the back of the rear seat everything else is there and in damn good shape but I'm not building it for her she is doing all the work with my assistance when needed

24. That's a great move on your part, she will really appreciate the work you both put into the car, and she'll take good care of it. I offered the same deal to my oldest daughter on my 68 Buick Sport Wagon, she never turned a wrench, then was bummed when I wouldn't give it to her, and as a father of a daughter, you know how hard it is to say no to them.

25. 9sectruck

9sectruck

It's 10.30am here so it must be 2.30am in California, don't you ever sleep Ric!
    You just came in from the garage?

beebee78 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

That right there is what scares me: I haven't even fixed the clutch linkage since it busted the second time,and I still have an ONDR race to run at the end of September with no other changes.

So when I finally DO get to repairing/improving/re-inventing stuff,it's gonna be:

a) Too cold to feel my hands

b)really late in the year

c) time to be shopping for Christmas presents instead of camshafts

d) my short attention span is going to want to start building the Model A right about the time I need to be focussing on wrapping up details and finishing up the current car.

Oh well.First world problems are a pretty good thing to have,I guess.:)

And yes,Ric is correct.The scariest part is that I knocked over a full second off my previous best ET at Meltdown V,and that still leaves the Okie Doker running out the back door ten miles an hour and just over a second faster than me.....And he has a full year to do carb/cam/porting/gearing/and whatever other mods he can dream up.

I say he better throw all of the above at it,as I'm gonna consult my Buddy Dave Kunz and his pals from the legendary FoMoCo "X Garage" on the lil Ol 289......This is war.Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa...!!!

Ps:Hear the Okie Doker is running a few super secret test passes this weekend at his covert testing facility.....reputed to be sort of the "Area 51" of the Midwest.
    We'll see what he can pull outta that Ol chivvy this weekend;)

Scott

27. Scott, you better get wrenchin!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

[Q UOTE="30dodgeboy, post: 10584308, member: 3938"]Scott, you better get wrenchin![/QUOTE]

AJ,
    I'm on my way to my Pop's house as soon as I drive out the gate from work tonight.Gonna get that clutch issue squared away,then maybe mess with the timing a bit and do some test passes in front of El Rancho Demento to keep the locals amused and see how she works...

The big stuff doesn't happen til October when the motor comes out to get a couple of "Better Ideas" installed;)

Scott

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I vote 408 ci stroker in 289 clothes(maybe no one will notice the shock tower trimming).

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  30. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Or just remove the shock towers and go all "REAPER" on it!!! Lol

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.