Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Ric sorry we didn't get to meet every time I walked to your pits and drooled all over the. 56 you were nowhere around as much smack talking you have done here on the hamb I feel like we have met in a past life lol however I didn't do much talking this past year cause my truck was still in build process but now that I have run it a bit this year I can actually back up my shittalking and if can get the body smoothed up a bit on the ol Willys it may just have enough to spank those children of the past lol

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hell Scott she can barely hear and she ain't gonna move she was there when the town was formed lol I guess it was the vibrations that shook her trailer house when I went by at 2 am on a tune up run lmao I've never bothered her in the ten years I've lived here and she wasn't really complaining she just told me I woke her up and she thought she was having a nightmare when I drove through the neighborhood lmao I got a kick outta her

powrshftr and enloe like this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Baaaahahahaaaa!

That's awesome!She actually sounds like a pretty cool Lady:)

My Dad's next door neighbour (where I do the majority of my hillbilly test n tuning) has a miserable old bat of a wife who has called the police about eleventeen dozen times on local guys testing hot cars and bikes on their country road.
    HOWEVER,now that he has developed an interest in the steady stream of old cars coming and going from my Dad's place,it seems that the "Camlachie Speedway" is re-open for business!:D

The allure of the old Iron overruled the old hen's dialing finger I guess...?;) lol

Scott

4. Well "Wenchbender", anyone with a Willys is ok in my book, and your welcome to sling all the crap my way that you can muster, but you need to know that nothing makes me happier, than stomping the silly putty out of an ole Ice Cream truck, that weighs a 1000 lbs. less than The Child and needs an artificial lung just so it can yip at my heels like a pissd off little Chihuahua. Be careful or the Child of the past might wish you into the cornfield. :)

55belairx2, Okiedoker and II FUNNY like this.
  5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Artificial lung.lol

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  6. PS. Hey "Wrenchintheworks", your 311, is gonna need a 911 after The Child gets done playing with your Tonka Truck.

7. Man, we haven't heard anything from Rohnny Jocket lately, I just hope he leaves that 11.00 tune up in his No Va for next year. Personally, I think the minie fridge, micro wave, flat screen TV, & massaging Lazy Boy barcalounger in his Chevy II (tons) overloaded the MSD box, or maybe at least he should turn off the A/C when he' making a pass?

30dodgeboy and Okiedoker like this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Ric you are one funny guy I was waiting for the tonka truck comment lol I don't think you realize how heavy the ol steel beater is and you have way more cubes than I do. Final compression ratio is probly close to the same mine may have a bit more as a result of the "lung" as you call it but I just see it as a belt driven air cleaner at least I won't have to worry about getting that 56 wedged in the lung cause I will be so far in front of you it won't have a chance to suck that field car into it

Oh and FYI the Willys is heavy it weighs in at 3360 lbs but by the time I get the trailer hitch put on it so I can tow the children back to the pits I'm sure that's gonna add a hundred or so lol

30dodgeboy and Okiedoker like this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Can of worms officially OPENED!:D

Lmao!

Scott

55belairx2, 30dodgeboy and Okiedoker like this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

All this shit talk. Just so you know I am going to keep whittling on the bullet in my turd tell I get it as sharp as a 50 cal armor piercing round and going to be putting all of you in my sights.

powrshftr likes this.
  11. Salty dude, the only way your beating me, is if were racing off a cliff.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Okiedoker and powrshftr like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So Ric who do you want to be Thelma or Louise.

55belairx2, loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  13. Wrenchdroper, the only way your getting that far in front of me, is if you were in the pair that ran before me, or if the Meltdown guys ask you to clean the track with your Zamboni machine, before the FAST cars.., you know, my group runs. 3360 lbs! Man, I knew Johnny Sprocket's car was built by the Canard Cruise Ship Company, but I didn't know they made some of the pickups for Willys too! Maybe you should remove the hydraulic lift gate, after you get done emptying all the trash cans @ Byron with "Willy Tonka". Now, about your "full boost compression ratio", if your 311 is in the 8.0:1 static range, and your little 4.71 (you stole off some 1st graders Hot Wheel Car) can muster 7psi of boost pressure, your full boost comp ratio is 11.81:1. Our current 410 street beater is 11.6:1 and will run 10.50'-60's @ 130 by next week on 91 octane California camel piss..,soooooo even if we had to run that engine next week, you may need to have Scott & Salty pushing you, just so you can be close enough to The Child, to remember who is waxing you in the other lane! I'm including a pic so you have something to remind you of what The Childs back side looks like, while she's getting smaller. This ole girls is in the business of giving folks "the willys"!, and you may wanna put that tow hitch on the front of your truck. PS. if you can get the 311 to 9.0 static, with 10 psi boost, then your at 15.0 full boost cr, but you may run over your own crank, so be careful, I don't want to have to pick up a trash truck with a trash truck.

Attached Files:

55belairx2 and Okiedoker like this.
  14. Scott, you mean the "Pannetondora Box"!

15. Aaaah DANG! I shouldn't oughta messed with Yesterdays Child.., Mater.jpg

55belairx2 likes this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm sitting here giggling like a maniac....If anybody walks in the door they're gonna think Im completely fucking nuts!:D

Scott

55belairx2 likes this.
  17. Oh man! sorry fella's, I just walked in to my room, and found my 9 year old daughter on my computer, on this thread typing stuff.., I had no idea. Please, I hope no one is offended, she's just very protective, and said a couple people on here needed a "time out", and she needed to paint your their porches red.

powrshftr likes this.
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

I steal a favorite phrase Ric likes to use when talking about my car:

"you've done a pretty good job of making chicken salad out of chicken shit" :)

You got that Ol Dodge running harder on mismatched,borrowed,or just plain wore-out parts than anybody in their right mind would have imagined....

It scares me a little to think what might be in store for next year....!lol!

If you keep on doin' what ya'll are doin',that thing is going to be a force to be reckoned with.....I mean damn,Man!Its already into the 12's with 15 second parts!

You get the pullin' a rabbit outta your hat award for sure!:)

Scott

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ric,
    Ya gotta let up for a second here Brother...I'm laughing so hard I'm gonna pee....!:D

Scott

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:
    I was seriously laughing so hard it took me almost 10 minutes to type that last post:D

21. A couple years ago my buddy Steve Dulcich built a 335HP 383 exactly like Mopar did, right down to the correct carb, and exh. manifolds. On the dyno, it made 338HP (+3 from advertised), then he bolted on the typical 70's go fast parts, 780 Vacuum Holley, torker intake, a Purple shaft (or it may have been a popular Racer Brown grind, and pretty sure Racer Brown did all the cam work for Direct Connection back them anyway), and a set of headers. The 383 "bent the dial" to 456HP!, +73 more HP with older tech bolt on parts!

22. Sorry Scott, this smack talking stuff is like.., well, its like grounding yourself to 220 volts, once your onto it, its hard to let go! :)

powrshftr likes this.
  23. powrshftr

powrshftr

That is awesome.....And there is a man who is a hardcore Mopar guy.

What is he up to now Ric?I used to see tons of tech articles he wrote every time I opened a magazine,but I haven't seen too much lately.....maybe I've been working on my own stuff too much to pick up a magazine for a while,come to think of it...lol

Scott

24. powrshftr

powrshftr

It's SOOOOOOOOO true!!!!!

For instance,I just remembered that I haven't hurled any shit at the Okie Doker for a while,so it occurred to me that I'm going to circulate a petition to change the car's name to.....wait for it......

THE FLOATY BOATER....!!!!!

Why not?Its got more flake in that paint than most Ranger bass boats!:D

Take that,sucka!:D

Aaaaaahhhhh.......I feel better already.:)

Scott

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

I noticed a distinct rise in the quality of the post and the use of words longer than 5 letters and 1 syllable. I just figured you had taken your meds and swore off the Red Bull for a few minutes.

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  26. "Dulch" is the editor of Engine Masters Magazine, that and running the family grape farm leaves him little time to write tech articles for other mags, and is probably a conflict of interests with position at Engine Masters.

27. Thanks "Sacksdone", the meds recently ran out, and I drink Fullabull remember.

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Aaahh......Forgot he was the Grand Poobah at Engine Masters.

That's a pretty fine publication,and they never forget the little guy,featuring lots of combos using ported iron heads and such.
    I see your pal Bryce gets lots of ink over there too!:)

Tell Steve to do some more Ford stuff!I love all his Mopower stuff,but since Super Ford dried up years ago,we haven't had too much hardcore blue oval grassroots stuff.

Scott

29. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ah, Scott....I thought you forgot about me....

You can call my car whatever you like my friend, just remember that at the 2015 Meltdown about 6,000 people in the stands (or the equivalent of the number of Canadians who haven't kissed their sister) will be calling it WINNER...or they might call it "the mustang slayer", "dead horse kicker", "lakeshore spanker", "blue oval crusher"...

Get a good look at that paint son as it will just be a blur as you are sitting at the tree wishing you had fixed that shifter linkage...

Wait... You might want to call it "The Flash"....

30. Scott, a couple years ago, Engine Masters did an article on a 260 that Bryce, and his brother built for his brothers Falcon. They cleaned the block with carb spray etc. honed it with a Harbor Freight "three legged hone" and 1/2 drill, reused the cast piston and fresh rings. put a cam in it, port the heads, a put a Weiand tunnel ram with two 450' on it, and made 399 HP!
    He man, can I get you to wave some smelling salts over Stenchwrenderer, I haven't heard from him in a bit, and wanted to make sure we weren't to rough on him. :).
    PS. You better get to work on your secret weapon Scott, if you wanna have anything for the "Sleepy Doper". Good thing Jeff is not from Australia, he might be calling you the "Lakeside Wanker"

30dodgeboy likes this.