Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. woodbox

woodbox

This is the 901st reply to this thread and it will be the 99,997th view of the thread! Holy crap that's a lot of people looking at little ole me, on the other side of the world! 2 years and 3 months of recording what I have been up to in the shop and on the road......who'd of thunk it!
    Roll on 100,000 views....do I get a T shirt for that?

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Cool and it should be more than a T shirt ! :D JW

woodbox likes this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

A slab of stubbies would be a treat.

4. woodbox

woodbox

1404203478848.jpg 1404203501870.jpg 1404203526455.jpg A couple of shots taken at the club champs, back in April this year. It is hard to see the car because it is so low.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  5. woodbox

woodbox

Heading to Auckland for a hamburger this afternoon. It is a two and a half hour drive one way. Going down will be good, but coming home tonight might be a bit different.......they are forecasting frosts tonight! I have to go to work in the morning so need to be back for the bus!

Mr48chev likes this.
  6. Must be a good burger !! JW;)

7. clem

clem

You drive 5 hours for a hamburger and still catch a bus to work ? Neat car by the way !

8. woodbox

woodbox

Build your own burger at Southside streeters clubrooms in Howick.

All goodness and health.....stuffed between two white buns........and a coke to wash it down.

No good driving to and from work after doing night shifts. Happy to drive 5 hours to catch up with like minded rodders and have a feed.

9. woodbox

woodbox

I had seven layers on the top half, three on the legs and 3 on the head, with ski gloves to keep the pinkies warm coming home. It wasn't too bad, except when I stopped for signals, the glasses fogged up. I spent about an hour idling on the motorway/freeway in evening traffic so miscalculated my fuel consumption. I ran out short of the fuel stop, threw in the 5 litres I was carrying and decided to turn back, rather than move on as it was futher to the next pump, than back to the last. I was trying to avoid paying inflated Auckland prices, but ended up grabbing a load of 104 octane gas for $2.38/litre ( $9/gallon!!!!)

10. Don't you get any heat from the engine bay as I thought with your legs down inside the leg well beside the transmission it may of kept your legs very warm ? Mind you, you picked one of the coldest nights to drive down for the friday night burger,beer and catchup at Southside Streeters club rooms but absolutely no one can ever say you don't drive your car.

daddio211 likes this.
  11. woodbox

woodbox

my left leg gets toasty and the right isn't too bad. The worst bit is the top of the legs, from the knees up. A cool breeze is always circulating and chilling .... A nice warm blanket would be the go.
    It was a chilly night! But who needs an excuse for a ride?

Sent from my GT-S6500D using H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. daddio211

daddio211

My wife found a 12v electric blanket that plugs into a cigarette lighter port in the car. Kept her "warm enough" on cool roadster rides.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  13. woodbox

woodbox

Yes, my Dad has some of those for the boat. You can also get plug in vests and gloves for motor cycles too.
    I am just about to saddle up and head off for the weekend to a mid winter run!!!! I have so many layers on, it ain't funny! The things we do!:rolleyes:

daddio211 likes this.
  14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I'll be glad to trade some of our So Cal heat (106 in the shade today) for a bit of your cold. o_O

15. Guess that just goes to prove we humans are never happy with our lot. :D Me, well, I'll just remain happy livin' here in paradise.
    Been enjoying your build as well mate, even if just from the same side of the world ;). Doing OK, considering you are on the East Island ;). I thought we were feeling pain at $1.51/litre mate. Going to have to revise the budget for the planned N.Z. holiday me thinks. :(

16. East Island ?:confused: JW :D

whiplash1923T likes this.
  17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D You can also get electric "long johns".Top,bottom or the "union suit" types.Check with any quality supplier of camping and other outdoor equipment suppliers.Some are battery powered and some should plug into the vehicles power supply.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. woodbox

woodbox

Nice police lady helped me calibrate my speedo today......apparently it was not reading quite right!

whiplash1923T likes this.
  19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Great how they can be so helpful. ;)

20. OFT

OFT

Meaning she gave you speed you were doing verbally or was it in written form? How far off was it.

21. I only hope you didn't have to peel all those layers off to get to your wallet and drivers license just to have to climb back into them.:( Hope too it was just a verbal exchange of figures and not the type that results in parting out cash and accumulating demerit points. Are going to the snow run ?

22. woodbox

woodbox

Yes I Am required to pay for the calibration and lost a few demerit points.
    Not sure if snow run is on the radar this year.

kiwijeff and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  23. woodbox

woodbox

[​IMG]
    A little run out to the coast for a winter festival last weekend. Roadster weather! Roll on summer!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  24. woodbox

woodbox

I clicked over 6000kms (3728miles) on the way home from this event(since December last year).

25. Olson

Olson

That car has got to be some hella good fun to drive. Love it!

26. how far out is your speedo... did you check it against your GPS

27. I don't think its out at all, I bet it was the skinny pedal that needed calibrating:rolleyes:o_O JW