Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

From the York Musclecar Madness headquarters. " Five of the first six entries for 2015 York are Junior Stockers" . Now since there is still 11 months left until York there is still plenty of time left for the remaining 1000 hidden away Junior Stockers of all makes and models to resurface and sign up !!!!!!! Please Do!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Hey I am in need of exactly the same. I call Coker avery couple months for an update and have been told that M&H had mold issues with the 7.75/800 15 and has not said when if ever they will make again.
    Please let me know if you have any luck and I will do the same.
    Thanks,
    Steve (5Wcoupe)

3. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

4. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

[
    \QUOTE="kjcroker, post: 10572758, member: 112404"][/QUOTE]Hi
    Hi Steve The last thing I was told was that they are not going to fix the molds because of the cost and return this was from a reliable source. If you can live with 8.00/8.50-14 [MVD-006] it is almost the same. Keith

5. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Darwin Doll tells me he just received Wayne Jesels registration for the 2015, York Reunion. That makes five of the first 6 cars registered for the show, Junior Stocks!
    The 2015 Reunion is going to be the one must attend show in 2015. They will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first S/S Nationals as well as celebrating the 60th anniversary of the opening of York US-30. AND, the icing on the cake will be the 2nd annual reunion of Junior Stock cars and alumni. Heres a link to the York site. Those who plan on attending with a car, its not to early to register. http://www.yorknostalgia.com/index_enter.html

Attached Files:

6. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Hi

Hi Steve The last thing I was told was that they are not going to fix the molds because of the cost and return this was from a reliable source. If you can live with 8.00/8.50-14 [MVD-006] it is almost the same. Keith[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Keith-
    I was afraid of that but not surprising. Seems like most prefer the 9.00/15 but I bought a set and felt they were too tall for me. might have to rethink my wheels and go with the 14s like you said.
    -Steve

7. wjesel

wjesel
    from NC

We had a great time displaying The YOO HOO TOO at the 2014 York reunion and have sent in our registration for the 2015 event. Come on guys, let's make it another great event. Get those cars done.

8. wjesel

wjesel
    from NC

9. '56 150

'56 150

What tires and slicks are on the Yoo Hoo resto?

10. 65deluxe

65deluxe

The TENSION Chevy is under restoration. It'd be great to see this one done.

Attached Files:

11. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Heres the Screamin Yellow Zonker Chevy pulled out o a PA. garage after decades of hibernation. This old Junior Stocker just needs a freshening up.

Attached Files:

12. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Great looking tribute. Motivated by a supercharged 312. (Ok, not a tribute but the real deal, with apparent history)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    loudbang likes this.
  13. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Showing Junior Stocks came in all shapes and sizes, here's Lynda Pleva's, Toronto based Galaxie. The record holder and class winner was good for 12.60's.

Attached Files:

14. This isn't a tribute car. It is owned by Roger Sprouse and has been a race car for a long time!!

Gary Glover likes this.
  15. 65deluxe

65deluxe

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

If you know how to get hold of him he needs to be at York next year.

17. drag race

drag race
    from delaware

sad state of affairs yesterday guys, went to the yellow bullet nationals at cecil county drag way and got to talking to some of the younger racers there about the old days and actualy had to explain to some what junior stock racing was. funny thing was some of the fellows were from maple grove pa. and didn't know what a junior stocker was.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  18. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Not surprising, nitrous bottle babys are at the least, 2 generations removed from the Jr. Stock days.

19. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  20. biscaynes

biscaynes

is this the original car or a recreation? aluminum nose? thanx!

21. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

It's the real car. The current owner purchased it directly from Junior Clark. I don't know about the aluminum nose though. Stay tuned, as were working on a book on Sox & Martin that will have information on both Chevy's Ronnie campaigned in 62.

22. wjesel

wjesel
    from NC

6.70 x 15 Firestone fronts and 9.00 x15 M&H 7" Cheater slicks

23. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

What classes did a 56 Chev with a 225 hp 265 and a 57 Chev with a 245 hp 283 run in 1969 ?

24. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

York 2014 Junior Stock reunion

The York 2014 Junior Stock reunion is currently being showcased on the Super Chevy website . www.superchevy.com/ events/ is where the writeup is located. Thanks to everybody who brought a car to the show, walked through and talked , enjoyed the cars or any of the above. The Second annual Junior Stock Reunion is already signing cars for 2015 on the York Musclecar Madness. While Tri Fives seem to have been hot this year there are plenty of other awesome cars out there sleeping. If you have one , wake it up, dust it off and send in your registration. If it's in its old tired lacquer paint ,good. If it's redone like the beautiful Jesel Yoo Hoo Too Delivery or the Ripes/ Dianna Corvette was, that's good too. This is about the old warriors, not correct radio knobs. In fact , the race car would already have a radio delete so that was a poor example. You get it. Come to York this year. Bring your former Racecar. If you can read this Super Chevy article and not want to ready your old race car for York it'd be a surprise....

loudbang likes this.
  25. 65deluxe - thanks for the pic of "TENSION". I have two small photos in a Tri 5 book. Would love to see the build. Heavily influenced my decision to paint my '57 pearl white. What does it take to get a space inside? That would be the ultimate.

26. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Pearl white; awesome!! Go on the York musclecar madness website. Once you enter the site , you'll see 2015 registration form .Fill it out , send a picture to Darwin Doll and he will respond. It'll be worth your time. You and the car will be among friends.....

Gary Glover likes this.
  27. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Does anybody have the weight factors for NASCAR Drag Racing.

1966 - 1967 - 1968

I know they went they had some double letter {AA/S} classes.

28. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

I remember his (Shropshire's) "Milk Wagon" '56 wagon at the the old "Atlanta $10,000" back in the early 70s (1970-71). Also Gene Evans with a black 350 Cutlass both from Cartersville, Ga at that time.

29. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Here's NASCAR '66 Stock...

Attached Files:

30. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Mr. 65 Deluxe

You are 'The Man'.

Thank You Sir.