Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Ass Waxing part three

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Road Kill PU, Aug 16, 2014.

1. So another saga in the ass waxing begins. Just a little bit of history first. You need to know that over the past few years that Denise have a history of racing at the H.A.M.B. Drags and there is always a big bet on the line. The first time we raced I had my old 57 Chevy pick up (the Road Kill Pick Up) which I use as my handle on the H.A.M.B. She had Big Olds. Well to put it in laymans terms, she waxed my ass. The next time I had my old 54 Chevy with a 235 6 in it and she had her cookie pusher wagon. Again, she waxed my ass. So this year I was of course looking forward to a rematch. So, I get to Joplin and I find out she did not bring a hot rod. So I thought, damn, no race this year.
    So any way, Denise comes up to me and tells me she is going to race me in my car and she would be on a bicycle. Now I'm thinking, this just ain't right. She says she wanted to guarantee me the win. Now, I don't mind getting my ass waxed, but how would it look if I pulled up to the line and she pulled up to race me on a bicycle. You talk about embarrassing. So, I go looking for a bicycle I can borrow to race her with. I found one and surprised Denise when I pulled up next to her on the beach cruiser. So we waited for what seemed like an eternity and then we are on the starting line. We stage, the light turns green and I beat her off the line but my left foot is stuck in that traction crap they spray on the starting line and I struggle to get it unstuck and up on the pedal. So finally after what seemed like at least a minute I look up and there she is about 6 bike lengths ahead of me. I think, oh crap, it's happening again. Now before I go too much further, you've got to understand, in 30 days I'll be 73 years old. I've got a pace maker for my heart and I'm thinking what am I doing. So any way the race continues and I'm pedaling as hard as I can and I'm gaining. By the end of the quarter mile she beat me AGAIN. Damn! Got my ass waxed again. This is getting expensive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Later,
    Dick

2. second place isn't bad.

3. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Well Dick, you're a good sport to tell the story of your "Ass Waxing", and I'll bet you had a good laugh over it when the race was over. Wish we had a video of that race. That would be a real hoot. Kudos to you.

4. You should be proud, I hope to be so lucky as to be able to pedal a bike for a quarter of a mile when I'm 73! (and live to tell about it)

loudbang likes this.

5. In the second sentence I omitted a few words but you all got the drift. I always look forward to the Drags. As far as I am concerned this is a can't miss deal. I have more fun than the law allows and I am sure I broke some laws this weekend. What a blast.
    Later,
    Dick

loudbang and Malcolm like this.
  6. Thanks for the laugh...that was great.

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Something about getting beat by a member of the fairer sex tends to put a shit eatin' grin on a grown mans face ;)

8. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Ihope that someone got some good pics!

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

good chuckle Dick.

10. Roadsir

Roadsir

Next year try a little harder compound shoe, maybe a loafer instead of a puma. This will allow you to break your feet loose just a little off the line. Have someone video tape you off the line, wearing one white sock and one black sock you should be able to see if your feet are slipping.....

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. Thanks for the advice. An old fart like me is always looking for ways to gain an advantage.
    Later,
    Dick

12. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Hey it was nice talking to you today. I guess if you gonna have someone hand you your ass it might as well be Denice huh?

hotrodladycrusr and hrm2k like this.
  13. The whole weekend was great. Racing Denise was just part of the fun I had. Friday at the motel, seeing old friends and the cars. Can it get any better?
    Later,
    Dick

14. Dam you got me laughing my ass off . Made me remember the time me and my buddy had are little red wagon race and we were in are forties then dam near killed are old asses he was ahead just as I tried to pass him he cut me off down we went tore up are cloth knees arms etc. stood up laughing are asses off and said dam I feel like a kid again

hotrodladycrusr likes this.
  15. Damn.....and I thought someone actually posted a HAMB tech thread in three parts for actual ass waxing. LOL I'll keep the horrid visuals to myself, and not share with you guys. Thank God this was not the case. Funny.

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won't believe a word of it until I hear Denise's version of the story...

17. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

awesome, I have to make it to the HAMB drags one of these years.

18. Denise is patiently waiting on ice cream. I could not believe how sticky that track was. I'm not kidding, I couldn't hardly get my left foot up to the pedals. I thought I might need a pry bar.
    Later,
    Dick

19. big57daddy

big57daddy

I bet she rigged the race by putting extra traction crap in your lane.....
    Great story; thanks for the chuckle!

20. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Hilarious.
    I immediately thought of Mike Dunn in Funny Car Summer.

21. Firefly

Firefly

Awwwww heck, she didn't get ya with the ole ..... 'have another cookie' trick just before the race did she?

22. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

It didn't happen with out pictures to prove it

23. I haven't been keeping up with the forum very good lately. As I drove the Plymouth thru the Holiday Inn parking lot Friday night I didn't see either of Denise's cars, and wondered if she was attending this year. Well.....Dick's story answered that question. The remaining question is......did she bring cookies, as usual? lol

24. There were no cookies this year either.
    Later,
    Dick

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good to see you over the weekend, as always, Dick!!

Malcolm

26. Where are the darn pictures?

The mental picture is insanely funny but the real life photo would be priceless! :D HRP

27. LAROKE

LAROKE

With all those ass waxings, you probably have a hard time stayin' on the toilet seat.

hotrodladycrusr, Zapato and bchrismer like this.
  28. Hey there "Road kill" DO NOT FEEL BAD hehe. I was hoping for more, but after a best time of 13:47 w/102mph, it's what I thought, gears, gears, gears, need some bad!!! We didn't get to talk, but the best part of this years drags was seeing alot of the die hards, wish more had made the it.

29. billsat

billsat

I think she set you up from the start, as follows. Often when a vastly superior car races a much slower car, the faster car will red light because the driver gets a case of the yips as he sees the slower car leaving well ahead of him. Assuming you were being a gentleman and giving her a few lengths on her bicycle I think you can safely assume that she was trying to coax a red light out of you. Then you would REALLY have been talked about. Food for thought. You just can't trust women - look what happened to Adam.

30. AHHH YAAA, but Denise is cool, she wouldn't pick on us simple little guys!!!

Would ya Denise?????????????? Hehe, you old timer you! My son still has that crush at 17. You probably don't even remember, "the gal in the convertable"

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014