Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dick Spadaro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRBOB34, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Waiting for the best of news! And prayers go out for him! Eric

2. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

Totally unconfirmed, but this was posted on the Fordbarn yesterday:

"This is what I heard today from someone who visited the shop recently. An operation determined that the tumor cannot be removed and he was released from the hospital".

3. metal man

metal man

Damn.... That's not good. I'm hoping for a miracle.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

There are other treatments besides surgery, possibly Dick can benefit from them.
    Prayers are still going out for Dick.

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, this is not good! I lost my dad 7 yrs ago this mo. started with a bladder cancer, the day he was told he was clean/cancer his PCP advised him that he had bone cancer and had 6mos to live. Thats all he had. I hope that Dick fairs much better than my dad. Godspeed my friend

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Not good news at all! I hope he can receive some other treatment to reduce the tumor size. I have a family member who was treated with radiation and is still going after several years.

7. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

We all need to keep praying for one of the best. Always treated me well and I felt honored that he even remembered my name out of the many, many folks he has met and helped over the years.
    It ain't over until it's over and I'm praying the Almighty will watch over and minister to Dick as only HE can.
    Dick is a truly great guy; willing to help any and all in any way possible.

8. ol'55

ol'55

Any news on how Dick is doing?

9. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

sending positive thoughts Dicks way

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The Japanese have a category for people with very high levels of knowledge of traditional skills and practices, the arcane knowledge that carries on a bit of culture into the future..."Living National Treasure."
    Dick fits that category right here...his knowledge of old Fords, racing tech, and traditional chassis are unsurpassed and a treasure of traditional performance culture, and he has always shared freely.

11. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

The best tribute you could make. So we should all pay attention to those living treasures and sit at their feet to take in that knowledge. As someone once said "everything is on it's way to some were else..."
    What we do while we're here is the magic. What we leave behind is the gift.

12. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I just heard today of Dick's plight , super guy we got on really well whenever we met, he liked what we do & visa versa . So shocking to hear about his health. Positive thoughts are sent from all of us .Bless you Dick for all you have done.

i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

14. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

I haven't heard much in a while, so I call a friend, who lives near him
    and is a hot rodder!
    He says Dick is still in the hospital.
    He is not doing well at all.
    Some of his cars and parts were sold, to a good friend ,who was customer of his for many years .
    The business will close by the end of the year.
    We wish Dick the best! but sad to say, no good news at this time!
    If I hear anything new, I will post it.

15. jcs64

jcs64

Dick sat me down in the shop one day when I was just running in to get some parts, over an hr later I walked out w/ a whole new approach on the way I was doing my suspension. Im sure to him I was just another customer but it was great for me.
    sucks to since my uncle is going thru the same exact thing right now :-(

jeff

16. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Been a while since anyone had more info. Last I heard he was still in hospital not doing well. Has anyone spoke with Dick or Bill in the last few weeks?

17. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Spoke to Bill last week. His last day was Monday. Not sure what will happen now. I'd say Dick is about the same??

18. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Yeah, I heard Bill had a very decent offer at another big name reproduction parts supplier. But he decided to move on and go to FLA. Not that I can blame him.
    Any info on what is going on/going to happen at the shop? Must still have plenty of merchandise on the shelves, I realize they likely haven't been stocking much but still must be stuff there.
    Sad to see the end coming. Good memories though!
    Nothing but the best wishes for Dick and Bill.

19. Life is so short for people we like....Love ya Dick hoping for the best

20. Just to let people know, Dick has been placed in a nursing facility. I explained that Dick has touched many people and the hobby and asked what we could do and a family member said to send cards of encouragement to him. Please send cards to his business shop at Dick Spadaro Early Ford Reproductions 6599 NY Route 158 Altamont NY 12009. Mail is picked up there for him and he will get them. Thanks Don

21. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Dick is a great guy and wealth of knowledge, he always took time to answer my questions even when I did not buy anything from him. I will be praying for a healing of this tumor and will send him a letter of encouragement for the fight ahead.

22. Thanks for the info as to where to send cards and letters.......What do you say HAMB guys and gals????
    lets send Dick some get well wishes.....

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Works for me, I will send a card out tomorrow...

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

So Sad. He certainly deserves to have a peaceful time during his ordeal. God Bless.

25. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the address to send cards. It was always a pleasure to talk to him on the phone. I am still telling people how well he packaged my fenders and sent them to Washington!

26. I can't get over only this many returns to this post....??????
    WTF....... This guy is a true old school hot rodder..Come on guys let's let him know we are all pulling for him

27. pitman

pitman

Dick is a generous and grand fellow. He willingly keeps us all on track by helping out.
    Number of returns...times 10!

28. Was just thinking this myself. Sounds like the man epitomises traditional rodding, I'm hoping this has a happy ending, best wishes from New Zealand Dick..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Firecat7

Firecat7

OH MY, I am so sorry to hear about Dick. Truly like him and how he conducted his business. saw him many times at the swapmeets n shows. always spoke. and hats off to Bill. he was equally a great man to do business with. Does anyone know how to reach Bill? Sincerest condolences to Dicks family, rest assured he will be in great hands. nice man

30. fatabone

fatabone

Dick I'm so sorry to hear this happening to you. I'm really going to miss calling and talking with you guys and getting the great service you always offered. Its just not going to be the same without Dick at the shows...no cool parts...no 3-window through the mud...no $20 at the car wash... Dick just relax and rest that head and lets hope for the best we will keep you in our thoughts and give out some prayers for you.

Firecat7 I don't know how to reach Bill but I know he is moving to Florida and took a job there.

lothiandon1940 likes this.