Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Northwest Montana HAMBers/Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Aug 12, 2014.

1. slepe67

slepe67

Hey everyone,

I just retired from the military, sold my Florida house & moved back to the Flathead Valley.

Tried to sell my deuce (luckily it didnt sell). Now I'm almost ready to get back to work. Figured I'd see who was around the area before the snow falls!

Been gone a LONG time, but see a lot of old iron driving around up here. Any HAMBers?

I posted this YEARS ago, just wondering who's around...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...mbers-whats-up-roll-call.459631/#post-5076203

2. John Doe 55

John Doe 55
    from Georgia

I was in Kalispell last year about this time, early August and saw a few street rods at the McDonalds near the fairgrounds. There was also a car show in Polson this last Sat. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful area, my late parents had a ranch in Polson for many years overlooking Flathead Lake.

3. shopdawg

shopdawg
    from alberta

The locals meet at the dairy queen Thursday nights in Kalispell, Went to the Polson show this past weekend.

slepe67 likes this.
  4. slepe67

slepe67

It is pretty nice up here. I am fortunate that the govt moved us up here after I retired. We had the choice, so I figured I'd rather be in this area as opposed to where I grew up (Great Falls).

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'd seen some older posts on DQ in here, wasn't sure if this was still on going.

TTT

5. Tons of old cars around here, but most you never see....I live in the east valley, we'll have to meet up sometime. Couple other hambers around here. Pm me if you want

6. slepe67

slepe67

Will do for sure. Moving into new house in 2 weeks, then the movers drop off all our stuff (my deuce is coming home!)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Not in the NW,

I heard that there is a "new" copper/root beer brown 1940 Ford pickup that was just finished for a guy out West

A few of us are headed to the AST show in Sheridan Wyoming, great small show every year. The rest of the group is headed to Bozeman/Manhattan for a show this weekend.

8. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Yup... Manhattan (Mt.) Saturday, Bozeman Sunday

9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I can't offer you any advice about anything in Montana, but I can say thanks for your service to this country! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

I'm a little South of you in S.E. Idaho near West Yellowstone, we do come up North to the shows on occassion. But more importantly I'll add my thanks for your service as well! Enjoy your retirement!

11. phat rat

phat rat

What branch of the service? My youngest son retired to Kila 3 years ago after 25 years in the Navy. I go out there every year in May or June.

12. slepe67

slepe67

Air Force from 1991-to August 1st, 2014.