Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

That frame looks suwheet!

2. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, the frame looks great. I suspect you used as much of the holiday as the wife would allow to get get some plumbing done on the frame. Because of Bonneville, I keep SLC as a favorite on my weather Channel app and I see that your temp is creeping up there. You're above 90 now where the heat can suck the ambition right out of you, so just switch to the graveyard shift for work on the coupe so your progress isn't impaired. Speed Week is just a month away and would love to see it there. How soon can we expect color? Keep the posts comin.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

3. Is it just me or are the last few pictures missing? I wanna see what everyone is so excited about.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

I can't see them either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Hmm, the photos show up for me.

6. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

I'm guessing that the phone app is better for iphone. I can't create new posts on my android, I have to close the app and reopen it to get to a menu, I've pretty much given up trying to use the app for anything other than replying to notifications directly, and using the laptop for most things, still with the photo bucket url's.for me things have not gotten easier. Sorry for the hijack kip, but I think it is relevant considering people cannot view your progress.

7. Thanks everyone. No problem Nate. Hopefully the bugs can get worked out of the new format. I am still bummed that all the pictures from before the change are gone. I have started to try to re enter them but that is a time consuming pain in the ass. I have pictures of the finished front end I will try to get up this week. I am almost ready for a coat of primer on the body also witch will be a great step forward. Sorry for the lack of pictures lately been trying to spend every spare moment on the car.

8. Yeah. Can't see em on my I phone, I pad and pretty sure on desk top either. Also sorry to hijack.

9. Scratch that. They show up very nicely on the desk top computer. Must just be the mobile app. Again sorry to gum up your nice thread. Great work!

10. racer_dave

racer_dave

damn, drooled ito the keyboard again. Impressive progress.

11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Looking good! Keep it up.

12. Thanks. Still slacking on my post's but being the busy season staying on top of work and the 36 is hard enough.

13. Last week I reassembeled the front chassis, added Teflon sliders to the stock spring, assembeled the brakes, etc. 36 spindles do not have a bearing to ride on so with about an 3/16th" of play already needing shimmed I made a fixture to hold the spindle and then I took them to my friends shop and put them in his Bridgeport. After milling aproximatly 3/16" from the top and 1/8th" from the bottom I was able to slide a 40 bearing in detween the axle and spindle.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Killer man!

15. Thanks Eric.

16. I made a lot of progress the last week. Last sunday I installed the clutch,bellhousing, and tranny. Than I installed them in to the chassis. Then I installed generator,fan,distributor,plug wires etc. I was hopeing to get the rearend installed this weekend but the new carier bearing's were for that I was sent were for 37 and newer not 36 and older so after searching localy I had to send for the correct ones. Hopefully pacard can get it buttoned up before speedweek.

17. I have already gotten the body in first primer. So this week I finished blocking the body for second coat of primer and prepped the rear fenders for first coat of primer. Saturday I finished prepping and then primed the body and rear fenders. Today I spent most of the day blocking the front fenders to get them ready for primer. I hope to get them in primer before speedweek.

daddio211 likes this.
  18. daddio211 likes this.
  19. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, Way to go! You've got the body looking great. What primer did you use and how long are you going to let it cure before you lay on the color? We're all anxious to see you color choice. I'm heading for SLC Thursday night, and I'll try to make contact with you. I'm going to PM you tonight, and maybe we can meet up. I'ld love to see your coupe for real.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

20. Thanks KB. So far I have used featherite hi build spray poly. I let the first coat cure/shrink a couple weeks. I will let the second set as long as possible and still not loose to much momentum. My shop is just off the I-80 and I-15 intersection it would be great if you stopped by. If I don't see you ill be at the salt this weekend in my 55 Pontiac. PM me and ill give you my cell # . Later Kipp

21. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

looking great! :D

22. Thanks.

23. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Wow. I can't wait to see color. So exciting.

24. I can't wait to get her in color.

25. I also took the clamshell and shackels and powdered them. I slid the rearend up in the frame and installed the back plates then I assembled the brakes. I dident have Lincoln grease shields so I cut the ford shields to clear the e brake cross bar and installed them to catch most of the grease. Ready to install the spring.