Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 TRJ REVIVAL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Jul 18, 2014.

1. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hi,

We have finally finished this year’s TRJ Revival artwork that our good friend, and H.A.M.B.er Eric Black designed for us. Images of Pimlico racetrack from the ’30s and ’40s, combined with the European racing posters of the same era inspired us. We’re really happy with Eric’s final piece and feel it really nails the ambiance of that Art Deco vibe and the Revival!

Those of you who are signed up for TRJ email blasts will see some of the pre-registered cars coming from across the country, attached are a couple already on the list. If you’ve already pre-registered, we’d love to see what you’re bringing, feel free to post them here.

You can read more about the event in the Revival section of our website. We’ve set up our pre-registration to allow the 10% discount for Alliance members, just give us a call on 1-800-950-7550, as it isn’t available via the website.

As in years past we’ll have a designated H.A.M.B. parking area. We haven’t heard from Gary T. and Ranunculous yet this year, but last year they brought a H.A.M.B. banner signed by many of you that they hung in the parking area for the weekend. It was a nice touch, and we had fun getting to know those guys.

We hope to see you guys at the show. –Steve

POSTER_110_1.small.jpg

Morty.jpeg

Jim Laughlin, jamesburg, NJ.jpeg

Mumford-Vicky._MG_2439.jpg

WDobos, countspanko and HEMI32 like this.
  2. I have attended since the first and you will be hard pressed to find a better show on this coast!

WDobos likes this.
  3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Yep, I was there last year and it was great! I'm going again and I've got at least one other rodder going for the first time. Here's his 2014patinacpe1.JPG bomb that was purchased off the HAMB awhile back.

lothiandon1940 and Scooterville like this.
  4. Artwork is fantastic. Colors are perfect.

5. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

I will be there this year with the '56 F100 BW and the '32.

Attached Files:

Skrape48 and Scooterville like this.
  6. Wouldn't miss it. Artwork is fabulous, Steve. I'll be in this. Feel free to wave.:D

Attached Files:

Skrape48 likes this.
  7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

side view.jpg I'll be there in this again

8. draider

draider
    from Texas

Gorgeous artwork! Will the poster be available for purchase in the TRJ store before the show, Steve?

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Looks like a fun time.Wish that I could go.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. Curt Six

Curt Six

Since Steve's traveling this weekend I wanted to respond to this...although it won't help because we're not sure yet if we'll have these for sale prior to the show. The art is going on posters and shirts, and whatever we don't sell at the show will be available through our website. We will post updates in this thread if we decide to pre-sell event merch. We do have show posters from last year (also by E. Black and Jeffrey James) available on the site.

Glad to see you guys that are coming back. Look forward to seeing what else people are bringing to the show...I'm thrashing on my Buick to put it back together for September.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Thanks for that info, Curt.

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

How often are the emails updated?

13. Curt Six

Curt Six

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking...

14. Curt Six

Curt Six

If you're wondering how often we'll send out show updates, we usually pick up speed on show updates and featured entrants as the show draws closer, so you'll see them more regularly from now through September. We'll also look through this thread to choose some entrants to feature as well. Hopefully that answers your question.

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's what I meant "show updates". I'm conemplating about driving my 3 window down 091 (2).jpg

HEMI32 likes this.
  16. That car looks beautiful. Bring it on down.:)

Skrape48 likes this.
  17. Curt Six

Curt Six

That car is bitchin'.

18. 53woody

53woody

Hi I drove down last year and coming again this year. As said best show on the east coast. Last year I got there Friday morning and did the cruse to Haure de Grace.
    This year we're going to be there for the Thursday night kick off party at Felles Point,can't wait.. Great art deco poster. Bruce copper paint 1P1000070 (640x480).jpg

Al Consoli likes this.
  19. Curt Six

Curt Six

Great to hear you're coming back. The Thursday night kick-off in Fells Point was a highlight for a lot of people - me included.

Just so everyone knows, we've got a couple hundred spaces reserved in Fells Point for the kick-off party. Since they filled up quick last year, this year you'll need to display your Revival window tag to park in the reserved areas (first come, first serve) so you'll want to either pre-register or get in early enough Thursday to register and get your tag. We'll have more info soon on when and where you can pick up your tag.

Here are a few shots from Fells Point last year...

Attached Files:

20. Yeah I missed Thursday and Friday's activities last year because I screwed up and scheduled a vacation that week but I did manage to get home and over to Pimlico by Saturday mid day. I WILL be there for all the festivities this year. I want to get in on the Fells Point deal too. I'm already pre registered! :)
    IMG_3268-vi.jpg
    Photo by Lyle Willits

21. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice artwork Steve. Looking forward to the event.

22. I'm driving mine to the event. I'm planning on sticking around Sat and Sun.

100_1883 (Medium).JPG

23. 040.JPG IMG_1997.JPG 20130928_182836.jpg What should I bring? Took the F-100 last time the kid want's to bring the "T" but we have three coming and the roads around town are rough. So it is looking like the Super/Stock Dodge but I am not sure if it fit's the bill..

Attached Files:

24. Curt Six

Curt Six

That Dodge looks like it fits the bill to me.

Here are a few more that we've gotten in the mail bag that are going to be at the show. The restored Valley Custom "Polynesian"

Attached Files:

25. Curt Six

Curt Six

Hop Up head honcho Mark Morton is bringing his cross-country '36 Ford three-window...

Attached Files:

26. Curt Six

Curt Six

Al Casteen (Hamtown Al here on the HAMB) had a bitchin' Deuce drag car and tow rig last year, and this year he's driving his '36 cabriolet

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and Scooterville like this.
  27. Curt Six

Curt Six

Jim Laughlin's Track T from New Jersey...

Lots of cool stuff coming. We're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Attached Files:

28. Curt Six

Curt Six

By the way Andy, your '40 always looks killer, but I question the company you keep.

OL 55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. Can't wait to see all of those in person. Thanks for the updates, Curt.

30. Yeah that guy was stumbling around in a daze, almost ran over him. I guess it had been a rough couple of days for him! :)