Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BAD NEWS FROM B'VILLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Aug 6, 2014.

1. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

10535721_847646748581167_8065011085844451416_o.jpg This is ugly

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. Dizzamn! its a fkn lake again.
    that picture reminds me of looking out across the bay, nothing but water as far as you can see

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Could have air boat races......If I went there it would be snowing..............

turboroadster and belair like this.
  4. Yikes. Not often you see waves like that. Or a floating porta-potty.

I don't know how fast things can change there but That looks rough.

Good Luck Fellas!

Posted using my chicken and 2 cigs

5. onedge

onedge

what a picture Rich thats sure not good.

6. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Rich, Is that a new picture? Holy Crap! They won't be racing on that Sunday. Well they have out house races in Virginia city, lets put some sails on those porta-potties. It looks to me like the way these thunder storms build on the previous day's events they could be in for more this evening.

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

10583940_1483672391874771_680524338727584429_n.jpg 10583940_1483672391874771_680524338727584429_n.jpg These pictures are from todays SCTA Facebook, I believe.

8. Oh man that totally sucks! I remember a few years back we had to drive through some substantial water just to get to the track.

9. does the water flatten the surface? just trying to find a good thing in that mess.

10. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Nope is generally leaves little ripples that have to dragged out with a groomer, kinda like a snowmobile trail has to be smoothed. Especially if there is any wind to make waves on the water.

B:)B

11. slowmotion

slowmotion

Holy Cow....that don't look like it'll dry up anytime soon. Sure hope I'm wrong.

12. Damn, that doesn't look good.

13. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Rich, Thanks for the pictures. I don't do Facebook and the web site still has last night's message.

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

15. I hate to see this. That mud is nasty.

16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

17. pontman

pontman

Damn! This is not good. Oh hell with it, I got a week off. I'm driving down any way.

18. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

damn that sucks.... hope it clears up for u guys....

19. 80WTI

80WTI

Hope it clears up guys, Mother nature sure can change things for us.

20. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Well, the good news for us in this is we get some more time to thrash on the car. Waiting anxiously to hear from SCTA if we should load this junk and head up. Too much speculation and misinformation being spread around the interwebs to be concerned until we hear from officials. Hoping for good news cause our wives are going to be furious if we spent the last two months in the shop working on race cars instead of yard work....

21. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

A bad week a Bville beats a good week at work

flattyv8 and 40fordtudor like this.
  22. Damn, so much for "dry lake"...best of luck guys, hoping things dry out quick!

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Off FB posted about 5 hours ago
    Okay, the pics that were posted a little while ago of the shin deep water on the salt is the Pit Area. There is currently 1"-2" of water on some of the courses. They are waiting to see how much of the water recedes by tomorrow before making any official announcements.

We know this sucks not knowing what is going to happen and we do apologize. Mother Nature just had her way with us last night. We will update you as soon as we have any further information.

#landspeed #scta #landspeedracing #bonneville #speedweek #centuryofspeed #prayfornorain #saltflats #letsgoracing #saltfever #needforspeed #recordhunting #trackprep #prayforwind #prayforheat

24. I spent a week with a group from Australia and we went to the Louisville Nationals. A few of the guys were heading to Bonneville for part of their trip Looks as though they might not go at all.

Thanks for the heads up.

I am currently in Florida and fly back to Australia on Friday 8th August. I have been in the US for about 12 days. It has been awesome and I have had no rain where I have been.

Mtw fdu.

25. It's bad enough for the competitors that attend the SCTA event every year but the guy that has scrimped and saved and drove across the country to scratch Bonneville off his bucket list. HRP

biggeorge and turboroadster like this.
  26. I was just thinking the same thing, think about all those guy's driving across the country to get Bonneville for the first time. Never mind all the guy's from other countries, what a bummer.

27. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Since Mtw fdu has been here for 12 days and he has had NO RAIN wherever he has been;
    then why the heck didn't somebody think to take him to Bville about a week ago?!?!;)

28. Rckt98

Rckt98

Don't forget a lot of teams as well as spectators travel from outside the US.
    I know there are cars from New Zealand that have been shipped across for it.
    Disappointing for everyone if it is called off.

29. nickleone

nickleone