Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lousiville Streetrod Nationals.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Went to the NSRA Street Rod Nationals today (Sat 8/2) Left Indy at 5:30AM...with a stale donut and a Mickey "D"'s Coffee , headed south down I65 towards Louisville. Easy ride that early...But I wanted to get there early to watch cars come in, and try to get some shots before the crowds showed up.
    Kentucky Fair Grounds is huge and Kentucky Kingdom Park is attached to it. What I did not like is they park you on the back side of the Fair Grounds and the "Shuttles" were not ru...nning yet. So I started my day with a hike.. With as bad as my hips and feet are, those are valuable steps to use up...
    The first thing I noticed were the sea of tents??? What's up with that... All the prime spaces in the front were these big tents that took up 10-12 spaces, set up like a big party...it really spoiled the ability to look at cars, as most of the people had there cars under them too, besides power parking..
    I felt like I was intruding to look at the cars. And they wasted a lot of parking spaces. I just started walking right by those, and looking at cars that were accessible..
    I did enjoy the show. There were plenty of cars to look at, and enjoy and if you found a decent vantage spot, you could watch the cars coming in on the main roads in the Fair Grounds. There was a fair amount of cruising around, but I was not sure if it was cruising, or looking for parking?
    I did see a fair amount of "Gold Chainer" trailed cars. but it is still enjoyable to see the high dollar builds and the home build's too. I did notice a decreased amount of "Rat" style cars, or maybe because the show is so big and spread out they did not stick out as much. With a show this big, the diversity is wonderful.. You got a eye full of just about any style vehicles you could want. The flea market area seemed to be busy, the vendor area was to die for... I bet you could build a complete drivable cars with the variety and depth of vendors there. That is what I do like about that show. I like to touch and feel products.
    Well to ad to the "pain" of walking, I forgot to charge the battery in my camera, so I only go 200 shots off.. Ya, I know "Dummy"...I plan on purchasing a spare now!. Of course, I walked around falling in love with ever other car I saw. I actually am in the market for a car, and paid a bit of attention to the hundreds of :FOR SALE" signs on the cars. Unfortunately, except of a nice 1946 Ford Coupe (which I took shots of) there wasn't much in my budget range, ad most were priced quite high (in my opinion).
    Well Enjoy the pictures. but don't pirate them (copyright ya know... )
    https://picasaweb.google.com/105421993671397259537/NSRANationalsLouisville822014?authkey=Gv1sRgCLK847HvlrTMfg#

wicarnut, cool57 and Searcher like this.
  2. It's evident that people still like flames.. HRP

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice pics.. Thanks for posting...

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice collection of photos. Thanks for sharing.

5. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Thank you for the pictures. I love that show. Next time you go you can try to park in the bowling lanes parking lot right outside the main gate. It may be a closer walk for you.

6. Thanks for posting. I heard attendance was down. Anyone hear the total number?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Great shots. Thanks for taking the time.

8. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Nice pics, met my son up there yesterday for some time together and parts chasing. I spent a long time myself looking over the roadster in your pics 89-91. It was one of the cleanest builds I saw. Thanks for posting.

9. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Really nice pic's thanks so very much for sharing.

10. look like it was a good show thanks for the pictures

11. Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them

12. 41FordVert

41FordVert

Great pics - swap meet area seemed larger over the last couple. Show in general was large and diverse. Big crowd.

13. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

I would like to get in touch with the owner of the Pontiac Wagon in photos 128 and 129. Would appreciate it if you could try to read the contact information on the side window from the origional pictures and let me know if you can provide the info. It distorts when I blow it up. Thanks much.

14. Nice shots...thanks for posting.

15. Searcher

Searcher

Thanks alot for the pic's .... it's work taking them.
    The 46 you liked looked nice.

16. skinnydude

skinnydude

Thanks for Taking the time to Post, Very Nice Pics,,,,,

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to chuckle when you mentioned getting "only 200 pictures"! Remember film with 24 exposures on a roll? Digital cameras sure have us spoiled, don't they? :D
    Great pics. Thanks for posting, lots of fun to look through 'em.

bchrismer likes this.
  18. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

It was a good show, great weather. The total number was 10,200. At least that what was mentioned during the car giveaway.

19. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Try going to the website for Bob Taylor's House of color in Louisville . It looks like it belongs to him or at least that's what I think. His contact info is on the site. of course I could be way off.

20. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

You are spot on. I spoke with Bob a few moments ago. Thanks

21. 54 Chevy :Thanks I'll try that next year..
    CRZNDUCK: Glad you found your info, that's a great poncho for sure...
    TerrytheK: And the cost to develop, to find you screwed up the pic.. I am so glad for digital...I am spoiled for sure.
    HotRodHighley: 10,200 that is a lot of cars to look at, :) So many cars, so little time..
    Thanks all that looked....I sure do enjoy taking pics....

22. 10,200 sounds strong. Glad to hear that numbers were good!

23. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

that's about the same number for the last 4 to 5 years or so, I didn't get to go this year. next year back at it.

24. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

This was my first time at the show. weather was great, well laid out, and had a great time. I saw car number 20 and car 10008 (on the windshield) so I believe the numbers above to be correct. I was surprised to see (over 10) old 1930's Buicks in the mix of cars there, did'nt think anyone was still rolling around in cars like that.
    I also saw some of the "Gold chainers" that are discussed here on the HAMB, (but) I did not realize that to be a "Goldchainer" you had to have a wife with a little dog along in your car!

*EDIT* I LOVED the grille on the car in pic 122!

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

greaat shots, thanks for posting

26. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Cool pics thanks for sharing.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Attendance was not down. Actually it was up a little to 10, 288 cars. The owner of the Pontiac Wagon is Bob Taylor a custom auto painter just outside the Louisville Fairgrounds off of Crittenden Drive. If you can't get a hold of him let me know. I can give you his number.

Great show, great wether not hot for August. Anyone missed it it was a huge mistake..

Gary

28. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Good snaps. Thanks for posting. Looks like there was fun to be had.

29. great pics, thanx

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

thanks for your pics. if you entered your shoebox Ford, you could have drove around the fairgrounds instead of walking it all