Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Cully, nice job on the steering column and fan hub. Keep the updates coming. Looking good.

2. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! Great job!

3. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

4. draider

draider
    from Texas

Gorgeous build so far Cully.

5. falconj

falconj
    Member Emeritus

Nice work mate, looks just like an original, and very cool, yep we will catch up for a liquid inspection on your return, have you started the motor?

6. Thanks guys really do appreciate the positive feed back, also good to see some members checking in on a regular basis as the build progresses, do let me know if you see anything that you think is not quite right.

7. Thought I would throw this pic in with the bonnet on, has been a while since the bonnet was on last, just wanted to check the lines of the car out before I moved on and removed the body again.
    DSCF3995.JPG

Jimmy B likes this.
  8. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Love this roadster, and what you are doing with it...Looking forward to more updates!

9. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

great car only thing that's not quite right is it should be mine ,and I think im not the only one thinking that .your doing a wonderful job well done

10. CaliDreamin'

CaliDreamin'

Love this car, keep up the great work!!!

11. Cully,
    You have gone the extra mile on that super looking dash....I really like it. Wish I had some of those SW gages for my 3 window.

12. tevintage

tevintage

Looking good Cully. Great dash and fine work on the steering column. T

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Hi John, will not be starting the engine for a while yet want to get a bit more done first.

14. Thanks guys, thanks for checking in.

15. Dennis, you can have SW gauges like these for your 3 window, you just need a really fat wallet.

16. My granddaughter came down for a few days for a visit and supervise, point me in the right direction.
    DSCF4036.JPG

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Ulrich Wöckener likes this.
  17. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Loving this build, keep it up.

18. Mart

Mart

Love this build. Digging the pedal car.

Mart.

19. Body removed again getting ready to start running brake lines.
    DSCF4025.JPG DSCF4026.JPG

20. gonzo

gonzo

21. Thanks Guys.

22. Getting a bit off track with the build, but there is a bit of a story behind the pedal car, I'm not into collecting them but a few years ago I was working out of Myanmar ( Burma ) I would fly into the capital Yangon ( Rangoon ) in the morning and have that afternoon and night there before flying the next morning to Sittwe for a month offshore, Sittwe is very close to the Bangladesh border and believe me not on the tourist maps.
    Anyway this one time in Yangon, when I was there I was in a local taxi heading down to the markets, we drove past this second hand store and I seen these pedal cars sitting out the front, so I got the driver to turn around and I went back for a look, you can see the pics as they were sitting outside front of the shop. Anyways turns out the asking price was quite cheap, so talking to the shop owner and telling her that I was flying up to Sittwe the next morning, but would be returning to Yangon in 4 weeks, we made a deal I paid her a deposit and she would box up 3 of the cars and meet me with them at my hotel upon my return to collect the rest of the $ upon my return she was there waiting. Anyway I managed to check the 3 cars in as luggage and got them shipped back to Australia for free, ended up getting the black one which looks like a 58 Chevy from the front but a 59 at the rear, the army Willys jeep and the 3 wheeler.
    Now that the granddaughter is getting bigger I had better fix them up, anyway sorry for the rambling on and getting off track with the build, but that's the pedal car story.
    DSCF4030.JPG DCAM0002.JPG DCAM0003.JPG

23. Back to the build and my last update until I can get back home and do some more work on it. Started on the brake lines, was missing the bracket that connects the rear brake lines so made a new one out of a bit of flat bar, managed to get the rear lines bent up and fitted before heading back to work.
    So until next time as Porky Pig would say, Th-Th-Th-That's all Folks.

DSCF4020.JPG DSCF4023.JPG DSCF4028.JPG DSCF4029.JPG DSCF4027.JPG

24. Wardog

Wardog

Great work as usual. You talk about them peddle cars as much as you want, I know I'm listening.

25. Roadsir

Roadsir

Good timing on the brake line routing. I'm contemplating how I will route mine with an open drive. Thinking I may run one line forward and loop back 4-6inches down the other to a "T" so it is offset from the drive shaft.

26. Lines are looking good my friend. As far as the FAT WALLET ya got to remember I am old & retired so my wallet is a little flat now adays.

27. falconj

falconj
    Member Emeritus

Cully,
    I reckon that photo you got sitting on the bench of you and the bride should be up on the dash somewhere, maybe mounted in a frame? like the mirror is :D