Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. Looking for any photos or info on this 1929 Roadster that was built by Pete Eastwood around 1974. I was told it may have been featured in a Rod Magazine in the 70's or 80's but no clue what magazine or issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Don Small owns the car and has it for sale. He lives in Prescott, AZ.

29  02.jpg
    He has rebuilt much of the car after is was wrecked. He does super work.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That car was shown many many times in Street Rodder, Rod Action and 1001 Custom and Rod ideas in the late seventies and into the eighties. It was always in rod run coverage and once or twice in tech tip type articles, but never featured as far as I know. I do remember one shot of it coming off the line at an early Nostaliga Drags too.

5. I purchased the car from Don last week. Just looking for info and photos.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

P-Wood is on the HAMB,.... Look him up,.. Or, He might look you up, If he sees this thread.

7. Great car with some neat history. Its look and stance in the early pictures looks real similar to BIll Burnhams 'Ol blue.
    What are your plans for the car?

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The great thing about that car is it is one nicely laid out hot rod. The bad thing is that you are always going to be driving "Pete's old roadster", no that that is a bad thing but with a car that iif s that well known you can't get away from it and you will run onto some whiners who have a fit if you change it from when it was originally finished.

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Do what you want to with the car it will always be Pete's car. Pete built the frame for my 26 back in the early 80's and it's still a great driver.That's why I still have it after 17yrs.................

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Thanks, Plan is to build a nice, sano driver hot rod. In my opinion the pile of super clean parts is worth what I paid for it and the story behind the car is an added bonus. I want to build something I can treat as a daily driver and still keep it looking like an old hotrod and staying true to the cars roots.

40zr1 likes this.
  11. Kurt's Car

Kurt's Car

I agree, it's a great car with a great history. as for it always being Pete's car don't let it bother you. My name is Ken, but my Hamb name is " Kurt's car " because everywhere I went someone always asked if that was Kurt's car, I always said yes. I bought it 18 years ago and haven't regretted it once.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Glad to see it still around. Please post some progress shots as it goes back together.

13. fortynut

fortynut

I lived in Pasadena from '88 until the end of the century. There was not a week that went by that I didn't hang out at P-Woods garage, ask 'dumb questions' and pick his brain. If you have something he built, think of it in the same way as someone who owns a violin built by Stradivarius. It can only mellow with age. Lucky you.

14. That's a cool story. The hairpins on the car are made from real ford parts and they are a work of art. I like hot rods with some soul.

15. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Well done on buying this piece of history. As with all historical cars, there a premium to be paid for the parts you get. You will be posting the updates on this car won't you?

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  17. Thank You,
    If people think this project is HAMB friendly I will be glad to keep up with the progress.

Kan Kustom and volvobrynk like this.
  18. Really cool car and neat history, hope to see more updates on it's transformation!

19. sota

sota

Jimmy these days I'm not sure just what is Hamb friendly ! Build the roadster the way you want and the hell with others!!!

20. I like the way you think Ed! Next year we are driving to LARS!

Kan Kustom likes this.
  21. Talked to Pete today and he gave me the rundown and history of the car. What a cool guy and an extremely down to earth real hot rodder. Car has a long history dating way back and its going to be cool to be part of it's next chapter.

22. Decided to go with 16" steelies on the roadster.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Hope you do the updates cause this thread is going on my favorites list..................

24. I like the 16" wheels,great looking car with a good history. HRP

[​IMG]

25. Looking forward to the rest of the story. Got to be a big help having Pete as a go to guy!!! Glad the car is re-surfacing. tim (remember the R&C coverage)

26. Thanks for the positive comments and interest in the project. I haven't been able to do much to the car yet but plan on getting started in the near future.

Attached Files:

27. I think the guy who owned it back in the day was named Vinny. I heard he had passed away some 10 years or so ago.

28. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

This roadster was owned by Vince Bartalone until his passing several years ago. Vince drove that car almost everyday and thought that street lights were like the starting line at the drags . Every time he would leave my shop , you knew that a long smoky burnout was about to happen ! I think that it received the Stroker McGurk award at Pleasanton one year .

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Haha, Pete told me about Vince and said he put like 200,000 miles on the car. He said Vince would thank him for selling him the car every time he saw Pete. Thanks for the story.

30. Rolled it out to get a look with it sitting lower. These 29's always seem to sit up in the back. I'm trying to mock up for a little more hunkered down look.

Attached Files: