Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jivin jer

jivin jer

2. An epic tale thus far Jer! Riviting! I recognize many of those race car paint jobs as some of those that passed through our own S.I.R. (Southwinds - later Saskatoon International Raceway). Jerry "The King" Ruth was a regular as were many of the North West racers.

-Dave

3. jivin jer

jivin jer

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy shit, it just keeps getting better! A great read, you can't make this shit up. Cool little shoebox T-bird. Guess you sold a few.

5. jivin jer

jivin jer

6. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, this is as far as I got back there in ’09. I was going to wait and pick it up when Jr’s car was done. The process leading up to Jr’s car was strange. I guess I do have to re-evaluate that last sentence after putting down on paper what we’ve all just read. After all the years of having that car in my mind, it wasn’t my first consideration. I initially tried to buy the Bill Page ’40 ‘vert survivor that was for sale on Ebay. After a month or so interacting with the seller, I finally found out what his selling price was. On the last relisting the bidding could’nt get there, and he disappeared.

It was during this time that it finally donned on me that Jr’s car had been waiting for decades for this moment, lets “get ‘r done”. This story is in the Jr build thread.

Regarding this “life story” stuff; My story has it’s unique aspects because every- body is his own “person”. However the main elements are the “American Story”. This happens because of the kind of country that we live in (so far). I’m mainly referring to the guys that had this custom car thing grab them “by the throat”. What’s happened to me happened because of the particular car that I chose to do. In fairness to myself, the history component was huge and, supplied irresistible power. My story is interesting, but maybe not as interesting as say, Carl Casper’s, Joe Bailon’s, Frank de Rosa’s, Kurt Mc cormack’s, Rod Powell’s , Dave Puhl’s etc. There’s also the obscure guy’s that have been there all along that knowbody has ever heard of (like me). How do we get those stories told, I don’t know, but I would like to hear ‘em, and I DON’T MEAN THE SANITIZED VERSIONS. We’ve heard enough of those.

loudbang likes this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

Your story is pretty interesting to old guys like me that worked in bodyshops but never had the money or gumption to take it to the next level like you did.

8. jivin jer

jivin jer

STATUS REPORT
    The car sat over at Glenn’s place waiting for parts. I eventually brought it home because Glenn needed the room. I’ve been whackin’ away at my to do list. “Keep choppin’ wood” (Dave Krieg). As I told Tom, my least skilled son “everything has to be done”.
    It’s taken multiple weeks to find out that we may have an approved doctor, but he’s not hooked up to the approved hospital. We think we’ve finally found the right combination. We see him on Wednesday.

Attached Files:

9. jivin jer

jivin jer

10. jivin jer

jivin jer

003 (7).JPG I'm rubbing out the lower area before I take the car off the lift. Then ill have access to the upper. 002 (10).JPG

11. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

It's like a striptease!

12. Torchie

Torchie

Glad to see you back at it Jer.
    I showed a youngster my old buffing wheel once and he could barely pick it up......:)
    Torchie.

13. jivin jer

jivin jer

Those are the only ones worth havin'.

14. jivin jer

jivin jer

It has to look worse before it looks better. 002 (7).JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 008 (2).JPG

15. Torchie

Torchie

Takes me back Jer. Not to be a prick but I got to ask about that dark area at the end of the DS quarter window in the pics.
    Reflection or rub thru.........?
    Torchie.

16. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Jer , You make one works supernatural , I love that you make :)

17. jivin jer

jivin jer

Torch, what you're seeing is rattle can cheap primer. I use it as a guide coat to help with problem areas. I'll block that area down with 600 wet/dry to see if I can remove whatever the problem may be.

18. Eric H

Eric H

It's getting so close, I can't wait.

19. Torchie

Torchie

That makes sense Jer. Just wanted to make sure I haven't gone completly blind.LOL
    The reflection of the ceiling lights on the car roof really tells the tale of the quality of the paint work.
    Keep at it....
    Torchie.

20. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

21. banditomerc

banditomerc

Mann Jerry,thee car is coming along so sweet....

22. jivin jer

jivin jer

23. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Beautiful!

24. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey what's the story behind the corvette?

26. jivin jer

jivin jer

My oldest sons stalled project.

27. Torchie

Torchie

Beautiful Jer !!
    Torchie.

28. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Lookin good!

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

29. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

When you get done with the Jesse car - why don't you clone it into the vette you used to have - be real cool!!

30. jivin jer

jivin jer

I'm not sure I could make it up all those base camps to the top of that mountain, besides I'm in a different place these days.