Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage WHO'S GOING TO LOUISVILLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Plan on going down on Thursday morning. Running down with the Fastiques club.

2. timwhit: Thanks for that...the only thing is we will be only arriving late at the showgrounds because we will be only getting in Tuesday night around midnight. We are going to be "sleeping in" a bit to get over any jet lag we may have. I think we will only arrive about 10-11 am still unsure at this stage. What is the name of your tent so I can recognise it when we arrive. Or tell me if you have anything else that I can get in contact with you.

This looks to be a very busy and enjoyable week!!!

Thanks very much.

Mtw fdu.

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I'm going, Leaving Sunday. Meeting up with some guys from Maine and New Hampshire and driving for 4 days with stops at Brookville Roadsters and other shops along the way. Making a 12 day trip out of it with 16 others, should be a fun trip. I'm going with the Mass state rep. for NSRA in his chopped49 Merc, with air and caddy seats.

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  4. mtw: I will be parked in the front parking lot on the west side, kind of in the middle of the lot. The tent will hold about 14 -16 cars. I will be with a bunch of guys who tend to drive old Ford hot rods similar to mine. Look for the car in my avatar. Tim Whitaker

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Good news guys! The advanced Louisville weather forecast is a high of 78 on Wednesday, 81 on Thursday and 82 on Friday with no rain. You couldn't ask for anything better.

Tim, do you have a brother who's a painter?

Gary

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  6. Gary: I have four brother and we all paint our own stuff...which one you thinkin of?

7. Thanks timwhit. Will do!!

Mtw fdu.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

anybody else going????????????

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Tanner, when are you showing up? Where are you going to park?

Gary

10. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I'll be there Thursday with my just finished '34 roadster. Going to put a few miles on it tomorrow. It's come a long way from the avatar. IMG_5646.JPG

11. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Very nice roadster

12. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

I'm leaving Thursday morning and staying thru Saturday.

13. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm leaving Wed morning.....should be there by 4-5:00pm....Not bringing a car this year...I'm hunting another '32, so I'll be in Ride and Look mode all weekend on a scooter.........We're staying at the Crowne on the corner.......I'll be hanging around these three groups.....Adams Hot Rod tent, Joe Hurley's Group or Johnson's Hot Rod display inside.......my Buddy's Burnt Orange Roadster is supposed to be on display for the weekend at Johnson's.................my phone number is 251-649-5397......give me a call and we'll try to drink a Coke together.......................

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

High roller!! Staying at the Crowne with a scooter!! Give me a call when you get in.

15. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

Ok, hopefully I don't get slammed to hard for a dumb question, but what's in Louisville in August? Details please? I'm 90 min away, may have to make the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. There is a hot rod show if you haven't heard...I am from down under and am coming over for the first time to have a look. It goes from Wednesday through to Sunday...I am surprised you have not heard of it!!!

Mtw fdu.

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

your kidding right? Street rod nationals. about 10,000 cars MOSTLY pre 48,lots of inside vendors, average swap meet runs july 31 thru Aug 3rd. you need all those days, to.

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

tanner we are leaving north bama about 8-8:30 orange 32 sedan,black 32 roadster, and me rusty 59 el camino

19. skin_dog1

skin_dog1

Nope, not kidding. I've been out of the loop for a long time and just getting back in. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Heading out early Friday, staying over at the Ramada out front.

21. Shamus: We need to trade cars...that is the ultimate hotrod for me. Had one and let it get away. I'll be there in the cabrio.....hope we can run across each other...Tim Whitaker.

22. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

If any of you got a Buddy with a nice '32...I'll be in the Hunt for one while I'm there.......

23. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Yeah...High Roller is right......we're stacking them in the room like wood.......hehehe

32STUPRES likes this.
  24. Tacson

Tacson

Bruce probably wont make it this year but if you run into a jam I am closer to I-65 than Mike in Hartsville. I think you have my cell. Enjoy

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Thanks Donald!
    you looking for glass or steel car. got a friend B'HAM got a roadster he is driving to sale.

26. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Doesn't matter...I like both.....tell him to send me pictures
    [email protected]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I'll be working registration on Wednesday morning first shift. Stop and Say Hi.
    \
    B:)B

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  28. 41 C28

41 C28

Coming down Thursday and the wife gave the approval to drive the roadster so will be pulling the teardrop to hall her needs.

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well, for the first time in about 25 years I ain't gonna be able to take the trusty/rusty el camino. I will however be in a trusty white/rusty 52 chebbie pic up. Says "THINK NAKED" ON THE BACK.

30. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I'm coming Wed. about 3PM...traveling with about 4 cars from my area of Southeast Mo..hope to see some of the Hambers there.....guess the ole Stude will make it again...now has 88,500 hot rod miles on her!..........Joe :) STUDE LOUISVILLE NATS \'10.JPG