Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 Chevy (South East Gasser) "The Vagabond"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bean Dip, Nov 27, 2013.

1. You may want to fit the door up in there before applying that panel bond shit.

2. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Yep, can't be too safe. I'll check it out. Thanks!

3. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Felt sick today (cold I think) and really did not feel like working on the car, BUT I had the day off and didn't want to squander it so....

4. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Headed back underground with this deal. Been 8 months since my first post I never intended to make. Been fun but I think you guys have grown weary of this thread and so have I. No worries though..I'm not slowing down on it but actually gaining speed. Thanks for allowing me to share my work with you.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405945979.603278.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

well I have enjoyed the updates but I am sure I will enjoy the finished product even more:)

6. captmullette

captmullette

I hate to hear that, ive really enjoyed your down to earth cool videos.......very refreshing.....thanks

7. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thanks buddy!

8. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thanks man! I'm a squirrel so don't be surprised if I come back with it down the road .Just need a breather for a while.

9. loudbang

loudbang

Jeeze you been sampling more of the german beer or what? You can't leave us hanging.

10. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

You know that's the same thing I thought when I woke up this morning. Just got to feeling tired and beat up and like I was spinning my wheels but it's not true. How many people have to care about something for it to be worth doing? I am happy with my handful.

POP!!!!! (That was the sound of my head being pulled from my ass)

II FUNNY likes this.
  11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I'm guessing there are a bunch of followers who are taking notes and not having a whole lot to contribute...I vote you keep posting. I'm also betting this new format aint helping any either.

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014

12. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Could be Kip..I just woke up this morning with the realization that its important to do even if it's only like 5 guys that want to see it. I mean hell...they cant help it if nobody else has any taste!!? Hehe....KIDDING!!!

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Rectal Cranial Inversion can give you a Shitty perspective on situations:)

14. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

LOL! I could be the poster boy for that ailment.

15. Hang in there Bean Dip, try to keep us posted. I have maney days that I feel the same way. Love the car and your posts.

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

you and me both

17. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thanks Mikey! I will keep posting

18. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I agree.. ;)

19. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I don't post much, because I really don't have much to add. But, I have been following this since Day 1, or maybe Day 2. I would hate to see it end here, hope you keep on posting.

20. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Nice to see you Banana! Yours is one of those rare cars that really inspires me.

Bad Banana likes this.
  21. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

You guys won't have anymore AWOL attempts from me. Even if it's just one guy it reaches that makes it worth it. We are going to ride this horse right out the back gate.
    One day when I grow up maybe I'll learn to not be so reactionary ...um...yeah that's probably asking a bit much.

I do thank you all however!

22. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Yeah, I really like '55-'57 Chevys, but not as customs. I have a few favorites, mostly because of the stories behind them. The Bad Banana and Shakey Puddin' '55's, the Yesterday's Child '56, if only for the hope and heartache he went through searching for his dad's old car, and the Shake, Rattle & Run '57, up until it's Pro Mod style rebuild. Yours is right on, tilt front, engine set back, etc., etc.

23. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Those are all real cool! I have the magazine with the article on Ric's 56 just haven't got to read the whole story about "Yesterday's Child" yet. I will add "Blown Hell", "Blew By You", "Haulin' Ass" and "Stormin' Bull" to the list. There are some others that escape me at the moment but those are the one that stick out in my mind...BIG inspirations!
    Wife is calling me to dinner, but I wanted to share that I'm pretty sure I've decided to run spindle mount fronts. That's a late 60's thing as is this car. Doing it for weight reduction and not looks. Getting rid of anything that isn't 100% necessary. Kinda on a mission to see just how light it can be.

....oh and "The Nightstalker"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The "Pale Rider" is a lightweight too, and it just went 9.12 at the meltdown this past weekend...I won't say how light, but I was surprised.

25. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

That's a wicked car too! I believe it's a bbc so no weight advantage there...not sure if it has the original chassis. If it does I'll make you a wager (burger and root beer at Sam's next year)...once mine is done I will tell you my weight and I bet I come in under his. Hehehe :)

26. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Stock chassis, leaf springs and ladder bars, short wheelie bars (maximum 44" total) tube front axle with semi-eliptical front springs.

27. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Hell if you can"t drink cold beer and eat while working on your stuff, might as well collect Stamps,,,,,

Bean Dip likes this.
  28. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

You're too smart to go for my nonsense! Kinda like playing pool...guy comes to your table and asks for a game you're already beat. I am the worst at keeping my yap shut, but you guys would figure this all out pretty easily anyway. Biggest of which is that I am going to run fiberglass doors. I was going to try and sneak that one in, but why? I ain't Dyno Don!! My steel doors weigh 80 lbs each (with glass)...too damn easy to trim that fat. Couple that with lexan windshield and back glass, plexi side windows, glass clip and deck lid..,spindle mounts and plenty of die grinder/plasma cutter action it ain't gonna weigh much.
    Also using leafs up front ,but with I-Beam axle ..considering semi-eliptical, but honestly I'm not sure why..hahaha! Coil overs with ladders in the back..longer (but period) wheelie bars.

I will happily share everything except rear gear ratio and cam specs. It's like the "Georgia Satellites" said on that one,"Don't ask me no questions I won't tell you no lies"

P.s. Yes, I remember I said I was using a 5.43 gear at some point......hmmmmmmm ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  29. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

^^^^What this man said!!!!!

images-1.jpeg

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I'm sure it's going to haul...little red sure did.

Bean Dip likes this.