Register now to get rid of these ads!

>>>WIRING: REBEL Wire KIT to Cheap Turnsignal questions.<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Sep 16, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have this Pacific A5007 Turn signal that I bet a bunch of you have. It's kind of "DINK DINK" or cheap but it'll do the trick. It's a 7 wire switch just to get that out in the open.

I have two wires open on the REBEL WIRING KIT side which are HAZARDS (brown) & TURN FLASHERS (purple)

Then I have two wires on the Turn Signal Switch side which are FLASHER L (red) and FLASHER P (yellow). I'm not sure what Flasher L & P are and which one goes to which on the Rebel Side.

Any ideas???

Here's the wiring diagram for the turn signal....

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll move on to cotter pins in the suspension while you guys are breaking it down for a simpleton to understand.

3. Pinewood

Pinewood

I wired one of these signals the other day. However, I used an American autowire kit so I can't speak to the wires in the Rebel kit.

Check your flasher- Does it have two or three prongs? Most likely it only has two. That would be the Battery and P. The L is for sending the power to the light(s) in the signal itself. If you don't have a three prong flasher you might be able to add one to your circuit board to get power to the L circuit.

4. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

Purple wire to + on 3 prong flasher can, brown wire not used, if hazard switch is incorporated in turn signal assy it is powered by purple wire.

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

I just finished doing this. Do not use your Hazards. Just leave the wire off and cap it. Hook your flasher L terminal to your turn flasher on your Rebel harness. You will not have the indicator on your turn switch as Rebel wiring is not set up to operate that way. I called the tech line and this is what he told me. If you can't figure it out, give him a call.

6. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Check with tugmaster,he is a rebel dealer.

7. GREASER815

GREASER815

It can be confusing for someone who doesn't do this stuff everyday. We are here to help each other. Don't want to help him? Then don't post on his post if your not interested in it. I imagine you are not familiar with the 9+3 kit. It is a bit different to wire up.

8. choptvan

choptvan

As stated above... you end up NOT using the hazard wire. IN the type of switch you have, it is incorporated into the switch. I would remove that hazard wire and if it has it's own flasher, that whole circuit. No need to have extra stuff laying around if you are not going to use it. Also, i am not sure if you are using the push button start that was for the flathead, but I have a trick for that if you need to know it. Involves using the starter switch turned to start and the push button to kick the relay on. Clever use of theft deterent IMO. PM if interested. Good luck. I am sure you will lick this to.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  9. choptvan

choptvan

You did not notice it was the OP posting that did you???

10. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

L = load, P = power

11. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

X or +=power, L=load, P=pilot wire

The (P) pilot wire, blue if it's a Signal-Stat & yellow? in this schematic is what powers your indicator lite on the switch when using a 3 prong flasher. You can disconnect the pilot wire and use a 2 prong flasher (X power & L load) but you will have no switch indicators regardless of which companies wiring harness used.

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

The P is for pilot, meaning the light in the handle of the switch arm IF you have a 3 prong flasher. JJ, in your case you will not use that wire. That leaves 2 to connect to the 2 from your harness.

13. Keep

Keep

You missed that it was the OP that posted the comment. :D

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't you mean one to hook too one?

So Red on the signal switch to purple on the rebel kit. Cap off the Brown wire (hazards) on the rebel or get rid of it all together. Then is it safe to say I can clip the YELLOW wire on the turn signal switch since I'm not using that either?

Oh and I am sorry I said that to JeffreyJames, sometimes I can be a really asshole.:D:D:D:D

15. 24riverview

24riverview

Not familar with your turn switch, does it have a hazard function? The only real difference in the two Rebel wires is that the hazard (brown) wire will be "hot" all the time and the turn flasher (purple) will be key on only. Hook which ever you choose to the #6 wire on your switch. If you do not have the hazard function use the purple wire, if you do have hazards you have to decide if you want to have the key on to use the hazards (purple) or if you want your turns (and hazards) to be live all the time (brown wire). You should have wires in the rebel harness for seperate turn indicators so the P (#7, pilot) wire won't be needed.

16. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

Yes, cut or run the yellow to the P lug on a 3 prong flasher can.

17. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hah! This post jogs my (old man's) memory of our discussion @ the IL shop; sorry I forgot :eek:. Bet you've got it done by now. vic

18. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Dang! I alway pooch the simple questions!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't worry Scotty Baccus I was already out there hooking up the wires by the time you responded. Still need to clip those two unused ones but I am going to waiting to see if everything else is hooked up right. :D

Thanks again for all your help guys. I appreciate it!!!

20. scoggman

scoggman

So did it all work out? I'm about to do the exact same thing. Sorry I know this was from a while ago!

21. metalman

metalman

I added an terminal to a Rebel Wire fusebox to run a 3 prong flasher several times to run one of this type of turn signal switch. The box will except it. Just make sure the L, P and + terminal are correct per your instuctions above. Been awhile since I've done one and can't remember, I might of had to rearrange the wires. I like to have the indicators on the switch work, especially since they are not self canceling, helps keeping one from being a dork driving around with a blinker on!

Atwater Mike and renee stampone like this.
  22. '48IHC

'48IHC

Sorry to open an old thread. As far as the indicator on the switch goes, would splicing the dash indicator lights together and connecting them to the Yellow pilot wire from the switch work? I am very new to wiring so I apologize if this is a pointless question.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. That usually works; but you will need to put a diode in each indicator wire before connecting them together, otherwise it would back-feed between the left and right front (usually) turn signal lights.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  24. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

25. slim tempo

slim tempo

I'm having a different problem wiring my 1964 Biscayne. The PO bought a wiring harness, not Rebel or the other high priced ones. I have an A 5007 turn signal kit and am desperately working to get it right. I have high and low beams, my tail lights work with my brake lights. The rear turn signals are spliced with my brake light.
    My problem is that when I connect the signal kit to the purple wire or brown wire from the flasher, both rear tail lights flash. In addition to that, when I apply the brake pedal, the turn indicator shuts off. I have the fuse box with 2 two prong flashers. Any advice?

I might add, I followed the instructions for wiring the light switch. ATTACH=full]4673182[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      271.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  26. slim tempo

slim tempo

Went and checked it again. The rear lights flash when the unit is wired to the purple flasher and the orange to the white brake light wire. The unit isn't even grounded and it is flashing. Another question. I only have the rear lights hooked up so far. Is this the problem with the wiring so far?

27. Sounds like you got in middle of someone else's mess.

What do you mean by "The rear turn signals are spliced with my brake light"?

If you unhook all the wires from the signal switch and check the function of each individual light with a 12v jumper to be sure each works. Then check the inputs with a test light to be sure they are correct.

Once those are verified and identified; hook it up. should work, if not look to the switch as being bad.

28. slim tempo

slim tempo

Rechecked all the lines. Now have running lights, brake lights and directionals in the rear. Thanks fellas.