Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Lee Pratt Shoebox

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2014.

1. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I love all LEEs cars,especially his 58 impala,Lee used lacquer most of the time if not all.

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Beyond the perfect stance and details, the color combo has always drawn me to this car. Beautiful.

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Good lord, Ryan....you have a knack for typing like a 79 year old museum curator.

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Surely the house has been photoshopped", I said to myself.
    Bold color combo, original . . . works for me. (Edit: the car, not the house)

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Good to know you always got your eye on me man! :)

Jeem likes this.
  6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a color guy too, like Earl, but I'm not seeing that 2nd color so much as green, more like gold. Maybe "brass"? Brass is more green than say, 18K gold when you hold them side by side. True gold is more orange than brass. While not on my list of "some day" colors it really does work. Lovely car lacking dominant features, or maybe said better, nothing "out of place". I've always been a fan of restraint and this could be chapter on the subject. The Nomad in the last TRJ and the 58 show that as well.

7. I've loved this car since I saw it in TRJ way back when. I always thought it was more of a gold instead of a lime green...

8. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

This car is an inspiration for my own project.

The Grandpa Car won't look anything like Mr. Pratt's car, but that overall sense of "rightness" is what I'm after.

It's a beautiful machine.

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Wellll, no, it's not Photoshopped...and it works with the house as well as it does with the car!
    Proof: DSC_2443.jpg

Jeem likes this.
  10. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Does a '40 stance get any better? I say "HELL NO"

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

What a GREAT custom...from a truly nice guy/excellent builder/Hall Of Famer ! AND, John's pix are spot-on !

Wanted to share this with all of my H.A.M.B. friends: In July, 2008, Lee & I did an extensive Interview about his History and many of his cars. (He was still living in California at that time.)

The story about this "Fantastic '49" was so cool I had to put it into TWO Parts ! Part 1 deals with his love of Shoeboxes, how he got the '49, and how the build began; Part 2 covers the then-current engine & that choice of paint that brought up many comments here.

If you'd like to hear Lee tell his story about how it all came together, the Interview on this beautiful, fabulous '49, PART 1 begins right here:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage52.html

And, thank you SO MUCH, Ryan, for sharing the photos & your story about this just-perfect '49 ! It's a Thread, and a Shoebox Feature that needed to be done for sure !! Lee is a true gentleman, as well as an artist & a "sculptor in steel" !!!

My best to all !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

12. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And gold on the wheels!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Well, Tom, you weren't kidding about the garage. Hey, we both live in Phoenix and it's freakin' Baltimore when we finally meet?! Nice to enjoy some lunch witcha!