Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Unearthed: 32 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tyeager760, Jun 25, 2014.

1. James Curl

James Curl

The reason most old men do not want to sell their old hot rod that has been sitting for years is that they still dream of getting them fixed up and driving them again. Even though they know in their hearts that it will never happen, they can keep the dream alive as they still have possession of the car. Once the car is gone so is the dream for they know at their age and stage in life that they will never build another car. For some they now have less reason to get up in the morning knowing that the dream is gone.

lawman and Surfcityrocker like this.
  2. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

I never thought of this, but you certainly make since and it's sad in more than one way.

Offer them a ride a and drive

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Well phrased. I believe this also explain why so many "buyers" do not follow through on auctions and other sales. They "own" the object for awhile, at least until the seller forces them to pay up and they are unable to do so. Congrats on your find. Perseverance pays off.

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

All this time I thought that was Fred.

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  5. Looks a lot like my Model A when I found it. Unfortunately, I didn't have any kind of an in with the owner, and he didn't want me anywhere NEAR his car. I knew where the car was for a year or two and never got closer than about thirty yards to it, only reason I ended up with it was my best friends dad was a used car wholesaler and turns out he knew the guy pretty well. He had to broker the deal, and pick the car up. Don't think the original owner ever did know I was the buyer. :cool:

6. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Am I missing pictures? Where is TexasSpeed seeing all this. I only see the photos at the very start of this thread.

7. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

Winning!!!!!

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Those three pictures are the ones I'm looking at. I just pay attention to details. :)

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

cool hopefully it turns out great for you. I will be hoping you get it in your garage soon

10. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I gotta get a better monitor. The engine compartment area is to dark on my monitor to even tell if there is anything in the engine bay.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's an early adaptor (Chev to '32-'48 Ford), note the 'thickness' of the casting around the perimeter.
    (McBar? Hildebrandt?) I can't recall the mfr., but the very first one I saw was in '56, thick casting.

Those wheels are '48 Merc, or Ford F-1. (15", look at the diameter of the centers: 16" are visibly wider.)

I wonder if the car will turn out to be something documented, magazine or pics from the drags...
    Better yet, who was the owner/builder? Hot Rod history reveals so much neat trivia...so-and-so worked for Clay Smith in the early days, etc.

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I recognized the flange as a Chevy pattern, but I didn't think to see if it still had a banjo (axle ends stick out through the rear wheels' centers), which meant it probably still has a torque tube, which would then mean it has an early Ford transmission - hence an adapter. But then again.. It could be an open drive banjo with an automatic. Hopefully not.. :)

I would adjust the brightness of your monitor before crying foul. Play around with the settings and see what you can get it to do. You miss out on a lot when your monitor is dark!

13. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

looks like an awesome find! Congrats!

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny how he hung up the phone and told you it was not for sale then accepted your offer...wonder if he thought it was only worth a couple hundred dollars before.

15. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Awesome find. The suspense is killing me.

16. I call BS on this one. He's been online today but hasn't posted any updates about it since Sunday.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

somebody get a rope

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Senile old geezer probably had sellers remorse and decided to keep the car...... or this was all bogus to begin with.

Scooterville likes this.
  19. tinmann

tinmann

As an owner of another one of those goofy one year only Fords, I'm happy for you. Like others have said, looking forward to more pics.

20. It's been 5 days, so....

21. anything happen yet?.
    Al.

22. coast40

coast40

He was picking it up today (Sunday).

23. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Close this thread and delete. The originator is a dumb ass.​

24. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Stupid comment
    Maybe the original poster has a life outside the Hamb

taildragger1957 likes this.
  25. Harps

Harps

Awesome find and story

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm still holding out hope for pics...you might want to delete your post.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Maybe she wasn't wearing panties.

28. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Very abrasive statement -- enjoy the suspense and relax.

29. Im also holding out for an update and pics, things can take time and not always go to plan. If it is BS, the pics he posted are sure cool. JW