Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gadsden AL cruise-in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Apr 3, 2010.

1. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Weather's looking good for this Friday.

Attached Files:

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

wish I could make it . the city is really behind this show and that helps a lot. but also I think that our own aceuh,posting all the pics that he does really helps this event. thanks brother.

3. aceuh

aceuh

It's coming up again tomorrow guys! I'm glad to see some new guys are making it out and posting pics. My antique computer has been acting up... kept me from really posting anything from the last time I made it out. I've got my truck loaded up with old bikes for a swap meet saturday morning... might as well bring them down to gadsden with me tomorrow. Maybe I can sell a few there. LoL!

4. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

I'll be there tonight with my black '66 F100. First time this year for me. Been a hard year financially, but I'm finally getting a chance. Bringing my 15 year old nephew and he's really excited. He's starting to show interest in old cars and I'm trying to encourage that as much as I can. Last cruise I took him to I started explaining naturally aspirated, blowers and turbos, but stopped when I noticed the smoke coming out of his ears and the dazed look on his face. :D

5. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Another nice evening in Gadsden. Got there earlier than last month but the sun goes down quicker so pics aren't the best as it started getting darker. Some different rides than last month. Here's a few. :cool:

Attached Files:

6. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Hey, that black '66 F100 is mine. :D

This is the first time I've been to Gadsden this year. Was the turnout low? Felt like there weren't a whole a lot of cars like I remembered before. And there weren't as many food vendors? But my memory is poor so ya know...could just be me. I got there early this time and got a good parking spot. My nephew had a great time and took a buncha pics.

Wish it were closer and I'd go more often. I don't like going much by myself. The best time is sitting around talking cars with friends after it cools off.

7. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

That black forty coupe with the merc caps was the top dog last night. It had a dick driving it but non the less it was badass.

8. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I am not sure how big it was compared to most as I have only been to 2. It didn't appear to be as many as last month. I am new to the area and it sounds like Friday night football affects things like this. It's a nice event and looks really family friendly. Some really nice rides for sure. Both times there I have talked to a couple of owners and they were very friendly. I'll be back for sure.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Friday night football is a religion in Alabama. Most people are members of the cult.

10. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Haha, good point. I didn't think about the football thing. That would explain the shortage of food vendors, too....catering to the football followers.

My gripe for the evening was the Zumba work out cranking their loud ass crap music with Foggy Hollow bluegrass on the opposite corner. Couldn't half hear the bluegrass. I think the Foggy Hollow boys were miffed about it, too. They should have moved that Zumba mess down another block.

11. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

anybody go to Gadsden this past Friday night?

13. 343w

343w

Hope to make it up from Vincent in the next couple of months, busting it every night on my tudor project....

14. 26Troadster

26Troadster

that is one show i'm going to have to go to. i don't believe i have ever been to gadsden for that matter either.

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

we got one in Decatur Friday night march 21, that's growing, come on up!!! look me up, 59 el camino

16. aceuh

aceuh

Coming up this Friday!

17. aceuh

aceuh

Coming up again this friday and the weather looks perfect!

18. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Anybody going this Friday? Showing a 30-40% chance of rain. :(

19. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Just means there is 60- 70% that it won't. Take a camera.

20. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Yeah, but there are those folks that are scared to get their car rained on. It's an almost 2 hour ride one way for me and I don't want to make the drive if the attendance is low. I only get to go over there once or twice a year.

21. k9racer

k9racer

GO you will not regret it.. I stop the block before the theater where the non american motor cycles are located..

22. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

I can't go now anyhow. A friend of the family was killed in an accident tonight. :(

23. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

24. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Two days away. I've been told the city is prepared to close off Chestnut Street for overflow cruise in parking. I know car owners that plan on parking prior to lunch. Weather's looking perfect.

25. I will be there. Probably wearing a Godawful Hawaiian shirt. I will bet this will be the biggest one in quite a while.

26. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Gosh. I'd almost wanna attempt that. Sounds like a good time.

27. You will enjoy it. Bring the kids. Its more than a cruise in. Its a street fair with entertainment on each block and a concert in the amphitheater afterwards.

28. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Oh I've been before -- my profile picture is from my first time taking the truck. I do enjoy going. It's a 2 hour drive from my house and I'm not overly excited about crowds either. I just don't think I wanna get "trapped" in that, especially in this heat. I get cranky, real fast. (And no kids for me. Don't like 'em, don't want 'em.)

29. We've got several from the Huntsville area heading down for the day. Hooking up with the crew from Big Oak Garage....should be alot of fun!! Weather should be great!

All American 6 likes this.
  30. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ANYBODY ELSE GOING?