Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A Week Late From LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

A Week Late From LARS

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

gwhite likes this.
  2. Epic journey! Can't wait to see more of the 'Effie'.

Nice pics too; this deuce just "does it" for me!
    [​IMG]

3. That Deuce needs like a Rodder's Journal feature! Amazing!! What's under the hood? Any more pics of it please?

4. Sounds like a great weekend and getting to spend time with some notable personality's is a major plus.

Trying to pack 2 weeks worth of fun in just a few short days is nothing short of sensory overload. HRP

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's the only shot I got of the car... I totally sucked at my job that weekend... Believe it was flathead powered.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gotta laugh at calling Jim Jacobs "Pete". I am pretty calm cool and easy around celebrity types. I have at times done a bit of commercial acting and for other reasons seem to cross paths with several in my life. I rarely make a big deal about it, as I wouldn't want someone to make a big deal about me if the tables were turned.

Jim Jacobs though... There's some serious hero worship goin' on with that guy! I try to talk to him and stammer and say stupid crap every time! Never have called him Pete though, so ya got me there!

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Great photo of my roadster and our gang. As soon as I can figure out how to steal it, it will be in my album. Wish you would have stopped to chat. I'm the furry guy with the cap in the photo next to the furrier guy without head gear.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

9. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

The one with the white beard and sunglasses or the one with no skin?

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So where's the pics of the '64 F100?

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

12. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Saw Jake at a vintage kart meet in Riverside last January, he was walking out of the pits, I was walking in, never met him before. Same thing, I said "hi Pete", realized my mistake and apologized. He was very easy going, didn't bother him a bit. We ended up having lunch together, talking vintage karts. So I guess he's been called Pete more than once.

13. seatex

seatex

You are livin' the dream, man. I went to the LARS once, and I'm with you, the swapmeet and awesome stuff in the parking lot made for 2/3rds of the show for me. Great stuff, 'ya lucky stiff..........

14. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Did you run into Elpolacko at the swap meet?

15. autobilly

autobilly

Nice pics of some bitchen cars, thanks.

16. calonego

calonego

Went to LARS for the first time this year... Wow.
    The cars in the show were all pretty sweet - a ton of cool stuff in the swap meet...
    I had to go back through so many times, kept missing things - "did you see that (insert name of rare speed equipment)?", must have walked through 5 times.

Likely took 1000 pics of about 100 perfect rides...

17. von Dyck

von Dyck

Never been to LARS. My wife says that it needs to be on my bucket list. She is not known for her puns, but this is a good one.
    No, Gary, I'm not sportin' a beard.

18. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Long ride for you but then I took mine to Indy. Now I can say "I drove a roadster at the Indy Speedway". Let me know if you can make it, it would be another incentive for me to go again and it would be an honor to park next to you and your roadster beard on not.

Gary

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

20. McFly

McFly

Nice post Ryan...saw you on Saturday hanging at the Rodders Journal booth.

21. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for all the great pics, definitely a "must-do" in the (near) future! The Pete/Jake episode was funny(unless it happened to you). Keep sending us deprived ones these shots of hot cars, there's more than a few features here. Thanks again, Carp

22. flamingokid

flamingokid

You're livin' the life....

23. Ran into you & Steve in the motel parking lot, nice to have met you, have known Steve over 30 years, shot many of my cars.

24. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

. . . you love."

Boss, you have got it going on! Appreciate you sharing your exploits with us, this is one of the many highlights of this cool place.