Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 Back To The 50's St. Paul, MN June 20, 21, 22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2014.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

Okay.....a few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Damn the luck, 22 years in a row and I came down with flu symptoms and a fever this afternoon. I take immune-supressant drugs so this has to be treated as life threatening. I've already seen some of my runnin' buddies cars on this thread, so I really want to kick something.
    Have fun guys!

3. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Take care of your health.There is always next year if you do what you need to do now.

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

That sucks to hear WolfCreekSteve. As Partsdog stated, take care of your health and get well. Please join in the fun next year for the 42nd BTT50's.

I'm trying to make it a point to take a bunch of photos this weekend. I'll try and post them here for our fellow HAMBers to see. This really is an event you should do at least once in your life.

NOTE: For those of you traveling 35W North to get to the Fairgrounds, apparently there is a very large pot hole on 35W near Hennepin AVE. It was so bad today it was causing traffic delays. Not sure which lane, I think there are 5 Northbound lanes, so be careful! My car sits damn low so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Pothole alert good to know! Thanks

6. Speed~On

Speed~On

Some more photos from Registration Pick Up today...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is for sale...it would be a fun ride for only $8,900!!!
    [​IMG]

This one is for sale....23 or 25G???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Speed~On

Speed~On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, as I look out the window the skies have cleared and there are actually blue skies as the sun sets. For those of you in the Midwest, you know its been a wild week of weather. It's so great to hear this crap has finally moved out of here. I feel for those in Neb, IA, MN, WI, and SD as we've all been hit with numerous tornados this week. Keeping all these people in my thoughts and prayers.

Now it's time for some nice weather, great people, sweet hot rods, and more fun than you should have with your clothes on! I will see all of you at the fairgrounds tomorrow!

8. TinShed

TinShed

If I get my basement dry tonight I will be there in the morning. We are about 40 miles from the fairgrounds and got 8" of rain today. Dam its wet here, car wont be spotless but still will be fun!!!

9. Roadsir

Roadsir

Waiting for Cheater slick weather....Don't want to swap ends so i am heading up first thing in the AM!

10. i'll be down there as a spectator this year, its truly the best show around and usually a pretty decent swap on Sun. morning. been pushing to get the '48 together and on the road but haven't had a chance for any 'shake-down' miles.

11. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

12. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

kinda wet still but time to get going, hope to see a few HAMBer's the next few days.

13. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

perfect weather Friday and it looks good for today
    hope to run into some of you.
    Saw a car with WI plate "H.A.M.B", owner was not around but suspect he may be one of us:rolleyes:

14. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Talked to a few HAMBers yesterday. When/where is the Meet and Greet?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have always been there on Saturday, this is the first year I went on Friday. There were just as many cars on Friday's as there are on Saturday's, without all the people. It was great weather and a great show. Hopefully the rain holds off today.

tims37chevy likes this.
  16. Speed~On

Speed~On

Back To The 50's has been great. As stated above the weather has been beautiful with temps in the 80's, lots of sun and no rain Fri and Sat. So far today has been nice with less heat. Here is a LIVE update from the St. Paul Fairgrounds...
    The turnout of cars is great, many of which are HAMB friendly. I've been trying to take a lot of photos. I will post some now and try to get more up later. With around 12,000 pre 1964 cars there was a lot to look at.
    A very nice custom...
    [​IMG]

She's having a blast in the roadster....
    [​IMG]

Street after street after street of cars and people enjoying the day.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Early Friday morning the moisture on the streets was drying as cars filed into the fairgrounds. Here is a nice Falcon gasser...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A lot of great looking gassers in attendance this year. This is such an under covered event.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  17. Speed~On

Speed~On

18. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Man keep posting those pics! Any idea on the car count this year?

19. jlhelm

jlhelm
    from Minnesota

Man the weather was perfect both Friday and Saturday. We put on some mile and my legs still hurt. Look at Instagram #bbt50s

Joe

20. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be the legendary and well-travelled BobK... even had the pleasure of meeting him as he was rolling by late Friday afternoon.

Attached Files:

21. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I shot a few photos on Friday too - if I did it right you should be able to link to the gallery here. :)

22. Thanks Terry, that was awesome.

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the two pickups on the off-ramp are Scoop and his wife in the black Chevy and their daughter and BF in the Ford.

great show! I would say the best ever.

I sure enjoyed hanging with my friend 2muchstuff and his son Ben. And their Lincoln flatheadd powered 32 highboy coupe!

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

25. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Yes, thanks Terry, I felt like I was there. I couldn't make it this year ,but looking forward to next year already.

26. Update: went to the doc on friday w/103 fever, being treated for Lyme's Disease now, feeling much better tonight, but still want to kick something!

27. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I decided late to take my 49 Chevy and try to sell it. Didn't sell but I met some good people and also had the honor of shaking BobK's hand and viewing his great Chevy convertible. Over 12K registered but I left before the final tally was announced.

34toddster likes this.
  28. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Terry, excellent slide show, thanks for posting. Always my favorite fairgrounds!

29. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

Ended up with 11,816 registered cars, last year was 12,033.

30. hallrods

hallrods

Thanks Terry you got my father and son in my 31 dodge