Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage How Are We doing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

I'm going to weigh in on the 'too much white' - I absolutely hated it and the font change when I first saw it. Now it is fine, and I actually prefer it to the other boards I frequent. I can't explain why.....

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

I have to admit to being resistant to almost any kind of change,but I really do enjoy the new format.It really seems to be a step forward from the last version.
    Also,when I updated my iPhone software to ios7,the mobile version immediately improved,so,as mentioned earlier,some mobile users may just be experiencing old software problems,not server problems.

Thanks for all the hard work on the new version of the HAMB.It really was worth all the sweat.

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. stimpy

stimpy

speed is up there , have a hang up every now and then but I think its my end as I am near a college and some major businesses that use computer ordering ( wish they would use the land lines instead of wireless ( clear) as its only during certain times and weekdays only and one time period on the weekends ,
    only problem I have is when the page refreshes when you click on a subject the cursor always refreshes back at the top of the page north of the Hamb alliance banner and in the forums , members title badges and makes them unscroll down and you have to click them up again to continue . is there a way to make the cursor land below them or away from them ( which IMo they look good there ) or make the cursor land below the banner when it refreshes ???

4. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I miss seeing poster's locations displayed right up front. Somehow it made it seem more personal to know where everyone was coming from.

5. If you scroll your cursor over their aviator it will show you their location,,like yours...Riverside,California. HRP

6. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I mostly use my iPad, so there's no scrolling over. Even then, it's an extra step. For me, when I glance at post, it added context to know where they were was located and how many posts they had. It's not a big deal, but since Ryan was asking....

7. Ok,I don't know anything about ipads,i guess I assume everyone is on a computer or laptop like me,,,carry on. HRP

8. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I like the new format for the most part, but my iPad however has a different opinion. :) (running in Safari mode) Seriously, there are times when it is painfully slow and even locks up. I started to type this out this morning, but it took forever to type three words so I ditched. All my other regularly visited forums were working fine, but not here. Right now it is working great, and I have all the confidence that you will get it smoothed out. I know you want to, so I'm not griping, just letting you know my problems. On another note, when this overhaul was freshly reopened, I had the HAMB app already installed and was having troubles there too, so I deleted it off my iPad and thought I would reboot and reinstall it to see how that worked. I should not have done that, because now when I go to the App Store, the app is there but it has no prompt on it to install. I'm not sure what to do about that. This is still the best forum on the net, bar NONE.

9. out plowing

out plowing

I find this new format a bit frustrating, perhaps we all just grew accustom to the old format and find chance difficult. I agree finding old threads is hard, the search function (at least on the app) leave much to be desired. perhaps it was to much at once and you have burned out the analog minds in this new digital world...

10. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

the Administrator is looking into this
    see info in this thread
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/having-ipad-issues-read-this.930103/#post-10479956

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

If only my change from XP computer to an 8.1 computer could go as well as I have done with the changes here! !!!!!

12. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

13. I had not seen that until you mentioned it. Overall I like the new format. I do not see how the content is different. I browse the aggregate HAMB sub-forum and get to see things like I did previously.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  14. I think you and the improvements are doing great, clearly the best that is available on any site I have found. Change to achieve your vision is always important, others will try to follow.

15. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

16. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

I PERSONALLY PREFER THE WAY IT WAS.

17. Shorty

Shorty

Miss the "Show the printable Version"!

I love the white screen. We had a power outage the other night and my lab top reverted to battery power and lit up the living room! All kidding aside I have no problems with the white screen or the fonts.

All good things come in time. Ryan will get it taken care of. It's like that old saying "You can only eat an elephant one bite at a time" It's just not going to be perfect over night.

Thanks again for the H.A.M.B. and the Jalopy Journal.

18. On an iPad just touch the avatar. It will show location and post count.

19. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get that. My point is that it takes an extra step and isn't visible right up front on the post.
    Probably something that was hidden in order to de-clutter or streamline the look. Again it's not any kind of deal breaker, just something that added a personal feel that isn't there anymore.

20. Can someone tell me how to delete pictures from an album? I was posting photos from todays 40 Ford day in a new album, and half of them went into one of my old albums. I need to get them into the correct album.

Also I've had zero luck with the search function.

21. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

^^^^ What Dean said:
    SEARCH HAS A VACUUM LEAK!!!

22. Yeah because I would have never been able to find out where Riverside was if it wasn't linked to Google map.:rolleyes:

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  23. I still wish I could look across and see where people are from. Also I wish the find previous threads button was easy to see. I seriously doubt new members will even realize that they can do that. They will never find it by accident, there is so much more on the H.A.M.B. than what is currently on the board but I'm afraid it is not being utilized. Yes I know you can search for words or topics but it would be cool to have a button by the avatar to hit that would take you to previous threads started. Just thinking out loud.

24. Still trying to figure out some things, but I'll get there. I find that I get eye fatigue faster with this font style, bright white background, very small grey items and everything so spread out that it takes a lot of scrolling to speed read. Just old and resistive to change, I guess. The thing I like best is the way the pictures are all now fit to the pages in "Vintage Shots From Days Gone Bye".

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  25. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I like several of the new features but feel they could have just been added to the old format, and it would have been fantastic.

The white is just too much and everything is way spaced out too much... if you don'y believe me look at the space between my last two sentences.....

Two issues I have are -
    You can't open an entire thread anymore, have to go page by page. This does suck.
    In the classifieds you can't search just by state w/o adding a subject. Or I havn't figured out how.

26. @Dean Lowe, sending you a private conversation...will walk you thru it.

27. morac41

morac41

Hi Still can get my head around My Albums....introductions are stopped at about 30 words and cant reshuffle pics to where I want them ...really prefer the way it was......

28. I don't think we could shuffle pics around in our galleries before, but we can now...send me a conversation with what you want to do & I'll see what I can do to guide you through the process.

29. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I'm very old school when comes to computers. However it's tablet friendly for the most part. I have had search issues before and after the update. My biggest problem is being thrown out when I'm trying to type for no apparent reason. I tried the app before the update and I had problems. I will try it again sometime. Also I was thrown out 8 times replying here. Good luck.