Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods L.A. Roadster Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HankAz, Jun 15, 2014.

1. HankAz

HankAz

Wow went to the show took all day to walk through the swap meet and didn't even get to the rest of the show. I was surprised that when I arrived at about 10 AM alot of venders were packing up and leaving already. I don't get it spend the money for a booth then leave early. Sort of like a sporting event when the fans leave early.

2. I thought the show was over yesterday. HRP

3. I went Saturday and it was a little sad for the 50th, I thought there would have been more people (sellers and buyers). That being said, it was GREAT. I got there around 6 am, parked and started walking. Went through the swap area twice (I'm a slow swapper, I stop and look at everything :)) and was in the show area when they closed it down. Still by far one of the best show/swaps of the year.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  4. Sundays usually suck for some of these show, the main day is Saturday.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, Sunday, the day set aside for Father's Day and what was the basis of this show in the first place, is the least liked day? WTF?

6. It seems most shows are billed as Fathers Day weekend..our local downtown show was yesterday also. HRP

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, I get that. A few shows do it here, as well. But I seem to remember the L.A. Roadster Show as originally being the Father's Day Show. I mean, spending a day with dear old dad at show for dads on HIS day. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

8. Fred,I totally get that,sadly my kids could care less about spending time with dear old dad at another car show..they had to do this for the first 18 years of their lives.

They are considerably older with family's of their own,,the good thing about it was our daughter held down the fort (SHOP) witle the boss lady and I had a relaxing day hanging out with friends in the historic downtown district yesterday.:) HRP

9. Went in Gate 15 around 10 am Saturday, briskly went through the swap area. Grabbed lunch and went back through the swap, only to see about 1/2 the sellers packing up before 2pm... Swap area seemed kinda slow this year. Still way better than the monthly Pomona and or Long Beach swap though.

10. Guys. this very common in weekender events, the Primer Nationals, now Ventura Nationals, Paso and Santa Maria were the same. Probably because we need to spend the day getting back to what we normally do. Especially if you have to put a long drive in. It suck, its just what it is. Btw i had not been to the LARS in 4 years, it has become such a large show.
    I took a ton of swap photos for those guys that asked for them, i'll be posting them soon.

11. inline 292

inline 292

Sunday was the ONLY day of the LARS in its first years.

12. The AWESOMENESS of the show could not be contained in one day in the future :). For a few years I only went to the swapmeet, since the fee is for both now I go to the show.