Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Capitola Rod and Custom show 6/8...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickfunnycar.com, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Great show, the really big day is Saturday but we went today only, here's the highlights...hope you guys enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look closely at the board and you'll see the car on stage with the Beach Boys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Great venue...right on the beach!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Event overview...!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. Seriously guys...it took me about an hour yesterday to load these pictures to my photobucket account and then post them here...81 views...and not one comment?

I thought these would be up everyone's alley but if no one cares, I won't waste the time doing it in the future...

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Lol John, youd've gotten a bigger reaction posting your mugs at the Pub.

5. awesome pics, wish I could have made it!

6. I'm beginning to think so,LOL!

Thanks philedealer (Paul), it was a great show, I'm betting Saturday was off the hook with many cars that didn't make it back for Sunday.

7. chevyburb

chevyburb

I was at the show last year, paid the $100.00 for the "platinum" parking, gave them my e-mail address and never heard a word about this year's show. What a pisser. Great photos & it was surely cooler over there than in the valley (100 degrees).

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just because no one commented, doesn't mean they weren't enjoyed. I don't comment on every thread I visit. Waiting for a "like" is kinda Facebookish.

9. I'm not looking for a "like", I'd like to at least acknowledge that my time is appreciated, that's all...it's just respectful...at least in my book.
    If someone takes the time to post pictures...and I know just how long it takes, I always comment with at least a "thanks for sharing"...but maybe that's just how I was raised.

No harm, no foul though...I'll just store that in my brain for future reference.

10. redo32

redo32

Thanks for the pics. I haven't been down there since the old Beach Street Revival, hanging out with "The Great Reinero" and the Spoli party. Lots of fun in my younger days.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Just got up and going and saw your thread. Thanks for taking your time to post them and they are nice shots. Give it some time before you start getting some comments.

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

hard to beat the backdrop for sure. thanks for posting

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks - I post a lot of pics from shows, etc and very few ever comment DSCN7956.JPG

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

ding -dang-darn... I wish I had known. missed it.

as far as people looking and not commenting, that is the norm for photo threads, you have to come back and bump it to the top yourself a few times or it will disappear.

15. GREAT picture Joker...thanks for the advice ratfink.

16. musclecars

musclecars

Hey John,just ran across your post.Great photography and some cool rides for sure,thanks for posting.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I bet I've posted "Cool pics, thanks for posting" 500 times here. just to give the thread a bump.

I would put a pool table on top of this one.

[​IMG]

18. Good place to rest your beers while you have lunch,LOL...

19. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Reading a bunch of thank-you's makes for a boring read. Was always taught you don't do something if you expect a return if you expect a return than it should be noted up front. True kindness is priceless
    I appreciate the person who takes the time to post pictures, tech articles but don't see the need to acknowlege everyone I view.

20. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Don't take silence as a sign of disapproval...speaking for myself, I'm a lazy old fart. It's too easy to just be entertained by everyone else's efforts. Thanks for posting 'em...the pictures are great and much appreciated.

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you don't reply to photo threads to boost they posters ego, you post to bump the thread so we don't spend an hour posting pictures and only 50 people see them.

if you appreciate the people posting photos here bump the thread.

22. Thank you ratfink...I will admit I'm not a mind reader so without knowing if people are actually viewing the thread, I can't tell if it's appreciated...I spent well over an hour loading them to photobucket (which craps out and then you have to re-load) and then posting them here as well as several other forums...where I usually just post a link to save time.
    I took two times as many pictures but highlighted just the ones I figured you guys would be interested...it does take time but I'm glad you guys appreciate viewing them and are enjoying!