Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Rockets Rumble...Props.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommyd, May 18, 2014.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Had a unusual experience this week. I received a phone call thanking me for pre-entering that included information about the event and what to expect when I arrived. The Rockets could put on a clinic on how to run an event. My son is a race promoter so I see how much work and stress and RISK is involved in putting on a show/event. Good job Naomi and crew. tommyd

2. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Yes,Naomi,Tom and all of the Indy Road Rockets do an outstanding job of making the Rumble the best traditional car show in the U.S. A.For any of my fellow H.A.M.B.ers who have not attended the Rumble you need to put it on your Bucket list!

3. ALHOODIE

ALHOODIE
    from arab,al

going be my first time been lone star round up, beatersville and going next week looking forward to road rocket rumble

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Been vending 5 years great event, great people, great time...can't say enough about how hard the Rockets work together to make this show a hit every year

5. Over the years, as this show has grown and expanded, it seems like possibly this event could spontaneouly combust. But somehow the Road Rockets always manage to bring it to a simmer but never let it boil over. :eek:

Already looking forward to this year's edition. :cool:

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Claymart, I'm gonna find you this year. I'll buy you a sammich if I see you.

7. LOL! I'll make myself easy to find then. I'll be the one with the camera wearing a sweat-soaked bucket hat. After the "sammich" I'll "buy" you a chunk of Bubba's "secret recipe" watermelon and then we'll hunt down BigBob55 and see if we can mooch a couple of cold barley-pops! :D

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Everybody wins! I'm in.

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

PBR? COORS Extra Gold? Bud? Place your order now for the June Beer Run Claymart...you call it I'll bring it

10. Well sometimes I get a hankerin' for an MGD but you don't need to make a special trip just for me. :D For the most part as long as it's COLD and FREE I can manage to pour it down my neck. :rolleyes:

11. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Rumble is one of the best for sure , make sure to see the entire show !! Cars galore , great bands, seminars in the theatre on friday afternoon. Burlesque show and more bands inside in the evening.
    Bubbas famous spiked melons sat afternoon.........get it all . And some killer vendors selling stuff AS WELL.,...

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We have a couple of Rumble videos, and those folks know how to have fun. I've watched that video a dozen times and enjoyed it more each time.

Don

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

MGD it is Claymart....all taste like weasel piss to me, I'm a wino....But I'll down a MGD with you anytime.
    Too bad you are so far away Don....it's a hoot....I drive from Pittsburgh to Indy, farthest west I go for an event, but it sure is nice to vend my wares on carpet in air conditioning than in some dusty field for a change.

14. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Thank you so very much for your kind words TommyD!! As you probably guessed, I REALLY like what I do!!:) I am a talker and a listener and in today's word of typing EVERYTHING I latch onto the opportunities to have real conversations with the greatest people. Its extremely important to me to talk to everyone that it is a part of the Rumble, you are all so very important to us and you need to know that:) This year we are celebrating our 15th Anniversary and its because of people like you who bring your car, vendors like BigBob55 who sell their great merch, and supporters like Jim Linder who take the time to teach seminars (and provide spiked watermelon). We are only a few weeks away from the Rumble and I hope that you are all just as excited as I am:) BTW just so that you all know, everyone's pre-registration postcards will be going in the mail this week, including vendors;) so keep your peepers on the mail!!!

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Can't wait Naomi....see you Thursday afternoon 19th to set up.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  16. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

I will be ready for you Bob, and everyone else, I can't wait!!!! Everything is coming together and we are all excited!! Be sure to visit www.indyroadrockets.com to check out all of the vendors, bands and all of the other announcements/information for the show:) We are only a breath away now, so I hope you all have your bags packed and you're tuned up, gassed and ready for a Rumblin' good time:)!!!!!!!!

17. jeta12

jeta12

I won't miss it...It is a great Time!!

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what's the dates? thanks

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

MGD's in the cooler Claymart

20. Well, it should be plenty cold by a week from this Saturday then. o_O

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

let's bump it up for Naomi and the rockets....loading the truck tomorrow.

22. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Is there open registration on Saturday morning? Is the show at the host motel? Didn't find a lot on the drag racing location or time. Thanks Ron

23. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

On their website...I'm a vendor, have nothing to do with the event but have been vending there for 5 years.
    There is one day registration, the show is at the host hotel, the Clarion waterfront. The racing info is on the website also and it's Sunday after the show breaks up. Never when to the drags as I am headed back to Pittsburgh Sunday morning after I pack up

24. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Brown County Dragway is the drag racing location....no times listed on the road rockets website though

25. montero

montero

I live here in Indy and go to the Rumble every year. It is easily the best car show around. Yes it is in the hotel parking lot. Good bands, cheap cold beer outside and in the bar. Oh, and a bunch of pretty cool cars...... if you are into that sort of thing......

26. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Good to see ya Claymart, thanks for stopping....Damn that MGD was pretty good wasn't it !!
    And Bubba.... didn't have a chance to tell you when you stopped But I THINK you deserve alot of credit for all the "extra" work you do between heading up the seminar and offering that sweet as pie watermelon....

27. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

bigbob, the "Two Lane Black Top" poster is on the shop wall already. Nice to see you and all your cool stuff again.

28. You're a lifesaver, Bob! A couple of cold longnecks was the only way to survive a hot day of schlepping around at the Rumble! :D

I'll get a bunch of pics posted later.

29. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Glad you liked that poster Tommy D...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some cool Thunderbolt related wall art for you. I have a vendor friend that was a photographer for Drag News in the early through mid 60's and has tons of photos he sells...I'll take a look through his stuff