Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. That is a very cool new feature.

2. I didn't even notice that before you mentioned it. Pretty cool.

3. I keep finding cool new features! Thanks Ryan

4. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

We went from an original Henry Ford part that was strong, forged and reliable to a fancy Speedway billet part for a street rod made in China.....

just my .02

iwanaflattie likes this.
  5. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

People used to find my parts in the classified through clicking on my Icon...now all my parts have been erased!!! and nobody knows what I sell anymore.....all that valuable time and resources ...gone!!

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Since using the new version of the H.A.M.Burger stand, my complaint is still the same, too much blanco. I need to wear shades just to view the page. The white needs to be toned down.

7. 117harv

117harv

???

slickhale and A Rodder like this.
  8. ravedodger

ravedodger

I have to admit, I use my phone for web surfing and the HAMB app for hanging out here. I've noticed a lot of good changes and have nothing but good to say about my experience. I'm just glad the forum is up again.

For you guys complaining: Have you been to other forums at all? In comparison to the HAMB, they look like cheap personal websites from the 90's with tons of spam ads and no real information. The HAMB is the place to be.

Oh, another great use for the HAMB is that I also use the app for a flashlight while walking through the house at night after I've turned off the lights.:cool:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

slickhale likes this.
  9. A Rodder

A Rodder

Ryan, can you clarify what the purpose of using the @ symbol when you are replying?
    I am an avid instagrammer but am not seeing the correlation here. From what I though, if someone replies to a question or statement you've made then you get a normal notification right?

Or does tagging a person send them a notification even though you didn't "quote" them?

@Ryan :)

10. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Ryan - here is one for you

Sometimes a topic will appear 'greyed-out' as if I had already opened it and read it but I have not, and there will be no views, replies and a N/A last reply box. But if I open it there is a normal discussion.
    Screen shot (poor) attached, look at the 'Vega box in a '40 Ford' thread

[​IMG]

11. Mart

Mart

I don't know if it is new, or if I just didn't notice it before, but I just realised in the cars for sale threads the picture of the car comes up where the avatar is in a normal thread. That's a great touch. Thanks Ryan.

Mart.

12. ken bogren

ken bogren

Yes! That is a real improvement! Thanks!

13. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

That is neat, but it still doesn't show if there is new activity from other members under my "recent-posts" or "postings" sections under your profile. Most of the time thats how i use the HAMB, its so much quicker (Well it was). Now you have to click each section and check the last page to see if there is even an update or response to a post of yours.

14. Mart

Mart

Joel, click on the leftmost tab at the top of the page with the network type image on it. Select watched threads. Bookmark the page that comes up.

I always start there. then select whichever forum I want to browse in more detail.

Mart.

15. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Great tool, but does not fix the issue, especially that i have zero "Watched threads" in the severel years I've been on here. I want to see an updated symbol on all the comments i have ever made. its a much more efficient way of looking at things than the watched threads option and quicker too... "if it still worked"

16. Mart

Mart

Joel, what happens if you then select the text where it says "there may be more" (or something like that) Don't all the threads you replied to come up then? When you reply, you subscribe (watch) the thread. if I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'm sorry, but I'm sure you are basically doing what I do.

Mart.

17. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Nothing happens its empty, because you have to manually "watch" the thread for it to be in the watched thread area. The threads don't automatically subscribe and go in there once you comment on them, like it does in the My profile page> My postings section…. I also just noticed my signature no longer works since the big change :(

18. Mart

Mart

I can't help further, every thread I ever subscribed to or replied to (hence creating the same effect as subscribing) comes up when I click on that link. I'm out of ideas, You must have some settings different or something, that makes it work differently in your case. (or not work at all).

Edit: I just looked and I have 38 pages of watched threads going back to 2005.

Mart.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

[​IMG] Just try to install a picture from my pictures in my computer.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well that didnt work if some one can send me in the wright direction I would appreciate it .

21. I would like to be sent in that direction too. The only way I can post a picture is copy from one of my albums, same as on the old version of the HAMB.

22. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

23. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Taking a little while to figure things out and to patch up a couple of my threads, glad the pics were still on my computer. The more I use this place though, the more slick features I notice, like the alerts icon in the upper right corner and pics in the classifieds, well worth the hassle so far.

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thanks I got it now.

ynottayblock likes this.
  25. daddylama

daddylama

hot damn, the image previews for the parts for sale section is bitchin'!
    so many cool things to go along with all the awesome content...

26. Germ

Germ

I was gonna write you a love poem, but decided that it wasn't appropriate...
    Cole went to Germany, I was praying that he wasn't kidnapped by bald Soccer Hooligans that might be upset because they didn't have a plane ticket in order to come to Las Vegas for Punk Rock Bowling.
    Cole could have smuggled Danzig in his carry-on and brought him back to the states, but the Goth Girls in Salinas might get upset when they realized that the stage really does make Danzig appear larger than he really is...

XOXOXO

Thanks for the new board.
    germ

Saxman and MRpants like this.
  27. Mart

Mart

Germ? Germ?

No way!

Ha ha good to see your name crop up.

Mart.

28. All is right with the world, again!-MIKE:D

29. No shit! I just went and looked. I like that. Makes browsing way easier. Especially when guys call their car a Gasser when it's not even close and you get tricked into opening that Ad. THANKS for that one

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well look what the cat dragged back in.:p