Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your car on the front of a magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Feb 26, 2013.

1. A Boner

A Boner

I'll play.....thanks KIRK!

image.jpg

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool stuff and i have most of those magazines although some of them aren't in such good shape anymore.
    Never made a cover or got even a complete photo unless somewhere there is a copy of Seth Dalton's Chevy/GMC truck club magazine with coverage of the 82 Chevy/GMC truckin Nationals in it with a photo of my son John and I standing in the open suicide door of the 48 with the award plaque we got there. If anyone knows of a copy of that photo I would dearly love to have one or that issue.

My bud Ron Moore who is more big brother to me than buddy was always calling me to tell me that my truck was in a photo in this magazine or that magazine. Surs enough there it was with only the corner of the roof and a bit of the windshield and hood showing behind the car that was behind the car that the photo was actually of.

Magazine covers are pretty cool but you haven't really made it hot rod or custom car wise until April May puts up a poster of your car for sale to the general public with a matching flask to boot. Hasn't happened yet but a guy can dream.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

I sill love that cover.

Funny note... A guy actually wrote a letter to me telling me how irresponsible I was to show a car in such a dangerous situation and that people might drive down the center of the road and get in a wreck. Seriously!

4. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

if i am not mistaken that issue has coverage of a little dirt drag strip in my small town of Pennellville NY . i could throw a rock at the location of that strip from the shop we build hot rods out of !! i have the mag somewhere and thank you for the reminder . im going to go dig it out and get lost in a daydream!

5. OK here it is - mine is the Orange one

[​IMG]

6. Silverplate

Silverplate

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

All of my cars have featured in magazines over the years but not as a cover car.