Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Photoshop help ! What would my 50 look like with Flames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, May 20, 2014.

1. What color Flames? Yellow or ???

IMG_7164.JPG

2. Maladjusted

Maladjusted

Wow! I was hoping that someone would have come through by now. My 51 Chev is close to the same color.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hands down, my very favorite flamed 50 Ford is this one. I think it was Larry Watsons, but my memory might be foggy on that. This is how a 50 should look, and yours is already blue.

Don

[​IMG]

4. Any more suggestions folks ?

Lets see some photoshop artwork guys.

5. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

As Don's Hot Rods said, Larry Watson flames are the way to go. I mimicked these from one of his cars....kinda crude since I'm using a mouse and not a stylus, but you get the idea. Paint 'em white and outline 'em in gold or bronze.

IMG_7164 copy.jpg

6. Jrockbass

Jrockbass

Just saw this. Gonna wash it through photoshop now... give me a few min.

7. Jrockbass

Jrockbass

Went with traditional to start. Crude, I know but it's just a mock up.

Attached Files:

8. Keep them coming guys ----- This is cool

9. This is just my dumb-ass opinion so take it as that, but I don't think "shoebox" Fords lend themselves well to flames. I think your car looks just fine as is. You risk getting too much going on if you keep adding things. Once again, just my opinion. I think the car would better lend itself to scallops if you have your heart set on doing something. If it were mine, and obviously it's not, I would ditch the skirts and lake pipes and find a good local airbrush artist to paint a realistic shortened '51 side stainless trim on the car. Those cars need something to break up the slab side when they've been de-chromed. It would also give the illusion of lowering the car even more than it is. Maybe someone with more talent than myself could photoshop these suggestions. If your heart is set on flames, by all means go for it. I have seen some shoeboxes that did look pretty cool with them.

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I agree about the scallops, not sure about the airbrushed trim but some real trim would look good without a doubt.

11. I agree with Don to a certain extent...

The members that took the time to Photoshop the images did a great job but from my point of view Shoe Box Fords lend themselves well to flames if the are chopped and dropped.

There is nothing wrong with your sedan,IMHO it doesn't need flames. HRP

12. ..........agreed.

13. ................Agreed.

14. Jrockbass

Jrockbass

It DOES look great the way it sits. You're doing the smart thing, though by seeing what it would look like before actually making any changes to it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. That looks awesome! Obviously done by a true artist.

16. Geez, I am in love with that car!

17. I need to have a '50 Ford Coupe in my garage!

This car is a beauty. HRP

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Maybe more subtle looking flames would work better

IMG_ford.jpg

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I must say, I like that.