Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Still Beware of Jamco

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toxicxtreme, May 6, 2014.

1. toxicxtreme

toxicxtreme
    from Crowley,Tx

So I ordered a radiator from them without reading their reviews and getting hustled around. I was just about to order the deluxe lowering kit from them yesterday and had my credit card in but before I pressed summit I read all the reviews. I called and told them about all the bad reviews and he said another company bought them out and there are no problems anymore. Well my radiator was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago, so I called and they said they were gonna get back to me and never did, I called last week and said it would be another week. I just called today and he said another week. So with lowering my 51 ford, I did some research and ordered much better parts for half the price last night and it will be here Thursday. I will never do business with Jamco again. Just be aware, there are still the same problems.

2. I've never ordered stuff from them personally, but I do know others have had better luck calling them and asking them to check stock over the phone and placing the order there as opposed to just ordering online. When I start on mine, I doubt I'll need anything from them but I'll probably only get anything from them if I absolutely can't get it anywhere else, just based on the stories I've heard.

3. 5window

5window

With their record, if you absolutely can't get it anywhere else, you aren't going to get it. Sad, really, because the few folks that do get their order seem to be pleased with it. Hard to understand how they can make good stuff, but also seem mostly interested in ripping folks off.

4. luckystiff

luckystiff

calling to ask if an item is "in stock" may or may not get you full truths with alot of places. coming from my last job being hot rod parts sales most of your online vendors are drop shipping about 80%(if not more) of what they sell from their suppliers. i found that my method of calling our suppliers and getting an in stock check, a tranist time forecast, and an accurate shipping quote to your address before i ever processed the order to be more than "average" service in the industry. yeah it took a few minutes more but i know what it feels like to order something and wait weeks/months and the being told it's out of stock. i also tended to personally call/email the vendor and get a tracking number that i sent to the customer and tracked myself and then upon delivery would send a follow up email/call to make sure all was good with the order. good customer service can totally make or break you...ken...

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

It's very easy to badmouth a business that's making a solid attempt to improve their situation by continuing to beat them up about past problems. No reorganization is going to be instantaneous, seamless or without flaw or mistake. We don't live in a perfect world.

If you don't like the way Jamco is treating you TODAY, complain to THEM instead of dredging up every old complaint and second-hand rumor you've ever heard about them and spreading it here. If we all display our patience instead of our impatience there's a really good chance that Jamco will overcome their lingering shortcomings and begin to meet our expectations in terms of customer service.

But if we are quick to crucify and slow to forget there's every chance that Jamco will cease to exist...and take all their neat products with them.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The problem with that is this:

JAMCO has been claiming that they have cured all of their customer service problems for what - two years now? Even so, people are still getting terrible service.

I wish they could pull it together man - I really do.

5window likes this.
  7. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Jamco hasn't changed...... I purchased Engine Mounts for SBC to be used in my 51 ford.... In addition I purchased the cross member for 350 Transmission... I ordered these parts in November of 2013 and was very satisfied with the 3 day delivery...... BUT when I open the box and checked the parts I found that the Engine Mounts were incorrectly jigged when the welding was done..... The cross member looked ok ..... I contacted JC at Jamco had provided him with pictures of his product that was welded incorrectly... See attached Photos...... He agreed that the mounts were welded incorrectly and would provide me with a NEW Set within 2 weeks.... Well 2 weeks turned into numberous phone calls and emails this quickly ended up being 2 months.... Still Calling for 2 additional months and still no product just the same old line it would be going out on Thrusday..... another month of trying to call NOBODY HOME at jamco.... I guess they decided that they were not going to listen to me again.... With that I called master card and filed a complaint..... Explained the complete story and they agreed that Jamco has been a problem and I would need to wait 45 days to see if the complaint would be satisified ....

Attached Files:

8. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

By the way.... I was credited for my complete order and have not received the call that the new engine parts are being shipped Thursday

9. BJR

BJR

With no gussets that looks like it will just bend under torque anyway. I wouldn't use them even if they were welded the same height.

10. MarcellusWallace

MarcellusWallace

Well, Im getting the receiving end of a JAMCO experience now myself...live and learn. Unbelievable! I did my research but gave them the benefit of the dought. My bad.