Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Version 7.0: BUG REPORT THREAD

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

"About Us" tab letters same color as background, with only shading, white on white is very hard to make out and read. Upgrade worth the wait, Thanks.
    From android pro tab

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Here's a bug for you Ryan.
    Computer pre-intel IMac G5 running OS10.

When inserting picture as link in a post.
    Firefox works.
    Safari works for just one picture, thereafter pasted links end up landing straight in the post text not in the field in the pop up. Pop up then locks up and becomes unresponsive.
    Cheers
    Ed

3. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

My Android phone seems to be still using the old app. Is that even possible? Nothing appears to have changed over the last week or so, except my search function doesn't work. The HAMB still looks the same as it did before the swap.

4. Only one thing now :rolleyes: When I have posted on someone else's Thread and try to go back and find my post by hovering over my avatar it is now not working. Did work the first time I tried it when system first came back.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. Couple things I've noticed on my Android, repeats of thread topics and banner ads at the bottom of the screen. Neither a big deal for me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Turbo Killer

Turbo Killer
    from Cincinnati

My only issue is I cannot post for sale threads on the android app.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. jambottle

jambottle

How do you suscribe to a thread?

8. Click 'Watch Thread'. It should be at the top of the page, on the right, just below the thread title. Parallel with the page number on a multi page thread.

9. I'm not bitching because, I know things will get sorted out but, I'm having a lot of trouble navigating on my iphone with the new version. I have zero participated threads and, I'm dyin with the search function not working! I'm having some other problems finding my way around but, those 2 are my main concerns.

10. Noticed that some; but not all of the "replies to watched threads" show up in "Alerts" even tho that option is checked. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

11. Hover your pointer over your, or someone else's, avatar. It'll display info such as the member's Join date, number of posts (Messages), and Location.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 9.16.26 AM.png

12. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I think the new design is gonna be sweet when you get it lined out. I use my IPad 99% of the time in Safari and as has been stated by some others, it seems to freeze up from time to time. I had the HAMB app installed and the icon shows up in my updates but wouldn't update along with the rest of my apps. I uninstalled it, dumped all my cookies, cleared history, etc, etc. and then went to the App Store to reinstall it. The icon was there, but no option to install. I'm guessing that's only because you are still working out bugs. I will wait a few days and try it again. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work.

13. Super low priority and can't tell if it's an issue at at, but the red triangle at the bottom right of page that says TOP does not take to to the top of the page you are viewing as one might assume. It takes you to www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/# ("home" if you will)

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Right now? Site is roaring right now as I have everything turned off...

15. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

My IPad is runnin pretty smoothly right now. Much better.

16. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Still getting stupid pop ups everywhere... And why do I wanna read about... How to choose the best attorney to represent me... Top celebrity Chefs...Cocktails... Recipes... Why more women will loose weight in 2014... Etc etc etc...
    Font is difficult to read... way to much white... Why must we change everything... Im a grumpy old man now... Lost all my fun... I think I should stop using the site...

17. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

18. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

I've had the same issue since the update- when I try to view pictures within the thread I click on then try to scroll through it shows the prior picture rather than the one you clicked on or that should come up. And sometimes when clicking through multiple pictures attached to a post certain pictures just flat won't show up- it'll show the previous picture until you click again then it'll skip to the next.

Keep up the great work. It's taking a little getting used to but I'm liking the changes to the site.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Can one of you send me a link to a thread that does this?

20. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/jalopy-showdown-5-17-14.924581/#post-10431875

Here's one, in Lyle Willits' second post where it has the attached files at the bottom, when I click on the first picture of the purple coupe the pic shows up highlighted at the bottom of the screen but doesn't show above, then when I scroll to the next picture of Yellow ford the pic of the purple coupe pops up, but the pic of the yellow ford is shown highlighted on the bottom, and so on. This happens to me just about every time I try to open pictures that are attached to a post- it seems like the bottom bar that shows all the pictures is one picture ahead of what is actually shown.

If it helps, I'm viewing it on IE version 11.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well that's frustrating... I can't reproduce the problem. It's working for me.

I'll get the German on it.

22. I still can't get the mouse over feature to work in Chrome on Windows 8. Reloaded and still nothing. It works in Windows 7 with Chrome and in IE with Windows 8 but not go in Chrome with Windows 8

23. docsrodshop

docsrodshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan,
    I've received 6 emails (1 yesterday, 5 today) entitled "Your alliance tag... It's shipping soon... Promise - New reply to your conversation" with body content similar to that below. When I click on the "View this Conversation" link it takes me to a page saying "The H.A.M.B. - Error, the requested conversation could not be found." It's confusing at least 7 of us...

Thanks!

-Glenn

hamb.jpg

24. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Ryan.....we're hot rodders .....it looks new and it's still slooooow on my I.pad....not cool....is it faster on other devices? I get more grey hair from when I click" on a thread to when it pops up...im'e wantin to throw in my 50$ but damn boss put a few more plug wires on or something

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This has been fixed... Sorry for the annoying bug!

Speed should be picking up at a steady rate. How this works is we basically have to tune the server to the new software under a load of traffic. So, every night we put in a tune and see what happens at peak time, retune, restudy, etc... We've improved server response by over 60% and I'm sure I can get another 100% out of it. It just takes a little time.

Hang in there!

26. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

3rd time posting with no response.... Why are there so many pop ups?

27. I'm not seeing any pop ups,,I'm using Firefox. HRP

28. I'm not getting any pop-ups on Google Chrome on a Mac.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

There should be NO popups... Sounds like you might have some malware on your computer man.

30. Is the hamb running slow for anybody else, or is it just me?