Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects **** The Chemical City Coupe '32 5-window build thread ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Aug 21, 2012.

1. the violator

the violator

wow congrats! your car is definitely cover worthy !!!!!!

2. wildbillorr

wildbillorr

Thats my grandfathers car, please call me 989-205-7345. he bought the car from a family in detroit in the late 70 early 80"s. it was in a garage in the city. I lived with my grandfather and this was our project, when he passed his kids sold off all his collection. i would love to see her as this was my start to the rodding world. you scored a piece of american history and a life long love of mine. I'm pleased to see how much you care for her. i live in battle creek and would love the chance to she one last time. thank you, Bill.

3. wildbillorr

wildbillorr

4. painkiller

painkiller

It is at the Detroit Autorama this weekend.
    Go see it in person.

5. .

Awesome. I definitely will be in touch with you wildbillorr. The car is indeed at the Detroit Autorama this weekend. It is in the basement in Joker Fabrications and Josh Shaw's booth. It would be awesome if you could come and see the car. I think a ride is in order sometime this summer.

6. tapkoote

tapkoote

this has g:cool:ot way COOL!

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Grats Dave, ! I can't imagine what it's like to have a car on the cover of a magazine. :cool::D

8. It's rare that these traditional type cars get me excited any more. I mean, you can only make a BLT so many ways before it isn't a BLT anymore.

You, my friend... figured out a way to make a BLT different.

I love it.

Sam

9. WOW! That's quite a complement Sam. Thank you!

10. wildbillorr

wildbillorr

It was really nice to meet you and get the chance to see the old coupe. you have done a great job and I m very greatful that she is with someone that cares for her her as much as i do. i hope were able to meet up this summer becaus eid love to take you up on the offer for ride. until then take care and thank you so much.

11. .

Wildbillorr beat me to the punch, but I wanted to post how neat it was to get to meet him and hear his memories of the coupe. I was kind of cool how the whole thing worked out and how he made it over to see the car on Sunday.

We hooked him up with a poster and a t-shirt to take home with him. I'm looking forward to trying to get together with him this summer and go for a ride in his grandpa's old coupe.

[​IMG]

12. Hopefully this is just a glitch in the new upgrade... I have faith it will get straightened out. ;-) 382837d1308805440-91-vw-diesel-90a-alternator-mod-thisthreadisworthless.jpeg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Mattbee

Mattbee

My Dad was at Milan Saturday for the Detroit Dragway Reunion. He saw the coupe and shot a video of it on the track, thought you'd like to see it.

J Willy Richins likes this.
  14. JoKerr

JoKerr

Great video car getting driven hard . Gives me chills . Exactly what it was built for.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. .
    Thanks for posting Mattbee. Now the whole world knows how slow my coupe is. ;):D

No, thanks really. We didn't get time slips so I had no idea what it really ran. Everyone there I asked told me something different.

Thus is the first 1/4 mile pass I have made in the car. I'm OK with the time, but know there is A LOT left in the car.

I have a 3.31 gear set in the quick change and my tires are 31.5 inches tall. That's great for buzzing down the highway, but hardly makes for quick times at the track. You can hear in the video that I left soft and short-shifted 2nd. The car sounds like it bogs at the shift and spends a loooong time in 3rd gear. Never get to 4th before crossing the line.

I really need to throw my 3.89 gear in it and bolt on my 28" tall pie crusts. Things could get fun then! :D

20140303_110335.jpg

I sure hope Ryan is able to get pics linked back up in this thread soon. I would hate to see the whole build thread lost due to no pics...

16. Hey, you got the win. I call sandbagging... ;-)

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are working hard on it... It might take some time, but I hope to have them fixed.

daddy_o's_diner likes this.
  18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Still missing a LOT of pix! Oh, the humanity. Gary

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  19. Yep....but the last picture sure is purtee' ain't it ??

20. .

Have faith my brothers.

Last week I was assured by Ryan that they are currently working on this issue.

I hope see some progress soon.

If so, I probably start another build thread on the '33 truck I'm redoing for the Detroit Autorama in March.

To tide you guys over, here's a pic of the coupe taken at the Race of Gentlemen in New Jersey this fall.

IMG_1299663607913852.jpeg

21. Wooooo-E......holla' !!!!! That's wicked as hell Daddy-O ! Living the life, living the life !! Happy Gobbler Day man !!! Thanks for the update. Love it !

22. JoKerr

JoKerr

More pics at jokerrfab.com

23. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

LOVE the pie crusts, Dave!

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It's a real shame nearly all of the photos have disappeared. Gary

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Take note fellas... Images are now all fixed... After a whole lot of money and a whole lot of time, gallery redirects are now working again!

Outback, DeLuxe 32 and laidout53 like this.
  26. floored

floored

Too cool, thanks Ryan!

27. .

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

So glad to have pictures back in all of my threads.

I big Thanks to Ryan for getting this issue resolved.

Look for another build thread from me soon. I'm just finishing up on a full-fendered '33 Ford truck with a 331 Caddy mill. I'm thrashing to have it done for the Detroit Autorama in 2 weeks. I hope to post a build review thread soon.

Outback and Studebakermatt like this.
  28. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I love this car perfect stance and chop nice job been watching for a long time

daddy_o's_diner likes this.