Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick question

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Merlin, May 16, 2014.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Why is it when I click on a thread it always takes me to the first unread post somewhere down the thread instead of to the first post. Is there a setting I'm missing?

2. Same thing here Harry,maybe a glitch or maybe it's suppose to work that way.
    If you look right under your avatar it says...
    Go to First Unread

So there may be something in our tools that can change that setting.HRP

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

As it stands right now, if you click on a thread title you are taken to the first unread post in that thread.

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Even if I've never opened the thread before?

5. It is whatever the newest post you haven't seen. So if you have never opened the thread it goes to post number 1 of that thread.

6. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It wasn't doing that yesterday, I went to several threads I hadn't been in and it took me to the last page instead of the first.

7. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Still doing it. [​IMG]

8. tnich123

tnich123

Does the same for me.

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Is there any way to change it? It gets a little frustrating having to always go back to the original post to read the question or story.

10. Have you tried a different browser? It seems a lot of the issues people are having are old versions of browsers. New versions of Chrome and IE both seem to work for me on three different computers and take me to the first post I haven't read which on a thread I have never opened is post number 1.

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I use Firefox but have switched over to IE and it does it on both, I don't have chrome.

12. Weird there are definitely still some glitches. The roll over feature that shows the first post when you hover over a thread isn't working for me but a bunch of guys say it is. I don't envy Ryan trying to sort these all out.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

They are all working at the present time... What browser are you using? Do you have java turned on??

14. Chrome and yes just checked to make sure it was working and set the security to it's lowest level still no workie.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Weird... I'm using latest Chrome with security set to medium and java on... All good here.

16. I can't scroll over the icons on the ribbons at the top of the page either have to click on them to open the drop down menu.

17. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Firefox and java is turned on.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm thinking you have some browser issues... I can't reproduce this at all in Chrome. It works as it should going back three versions.

19. Not sure short of uninstalling it and reloading Chrome not sure what more to do? I have tried updating Chrome, clearing all my cache and history, I logged out and logged back in but nothing seems to work.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just so you don't think I'm pulling your leg:

chrome.jpg

21. LOL I believe you.:rolleyes::D. Would it make any difference that I am running it in Windows 8?

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I guess it could, but most everything I read says it shouldn't.

23. It works on my laptop in Chrome when running Windows 7.

24. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Ryan, would you please delete my thread "Model A Coupe Floor Board Vendor"? I received good responses and don't need any more information on the topic. Thanks. Bob

25. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

So what about my question? Suggestions?