Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Have not seen an answer yet about being able to organize the watched threads into folder as in he previous version . Sure was easy to refer back to them for info. As far as the new version I get it and think you are breaking new ground as far as how forums are set-up. I also think that this version is all inclusive of the age spectrum of the people from us gray beards to the generations that embrace the hand held devices of today, all of whom enjoy hotrods as they were in the day. The nay-sayers and the whiners will come along kicking and screaming but when all the bugs are worked out I believe they will enjoy the new version along with the rest of us. Thank you for all the hard hard work you and your team has done, and no doubt will keep doing, to give us a place to enjoy our passion for hot rods.

2. spiertb

spiertb

How do I start a new message line-blog-or whatever they're called? How do I find a forum--I used to type in Thunderbolt and I got to the Thunderbolt info--how do I do that now--I know I'm retarded but I could do things on the old HAMB--like look up blogs and post messages and ads!! Sylvanus

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the fact that we can hover over the name of the thread and see what it's about again.

4. would like to be able to click on the pics again and blow them up to a bigger size to review the details like we could before. Other that that I'm getting to like some of the new features.
    -Pat

5. Wasn't there also something in the main menu that said you have"X" amount of posts in this thread?

6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ryan,

I just got on the forum for the first time today. Out of habit as I started digging around on the HAMB, I moved my cursor over a thread and hovered there for a moment and what to my wondering eyes should appear?! A preview of the thread! Thanks for adding this feature boss! I really appreciate your responsiveness in making this change. The new format is taking some getting used to but it is AWESOME.

Thor

7. The new HAMB looks killer!....I should get use to it in no time.

One request on the Iphone App. Can you please bring back the Jalopy Journal icon to quickly browse the articles? I have to go through Google now on my phone as it's quicker to access the Journal.

If this change was already discussed I apologize..

And I definitely owe you a re-up on my Alliance membership.....gotta support the team...

8. mustangsix

mustangsix

Ryan,
    I can see that you're continuously improving the site! Thanks for the dedication and hard work.

The font change is really good and I noticed that previews are back. Thanks!

9. how do you delete 'conversations' i.e. private messages, I am trying to delete some, cant figure out how

10. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

The more I use it, the more i like it.....

11. titus

titus

Still hoping youll put a shortcut drop box on the bottom again, used it all the time.

12. Is the envelope symbol supposed to flash/wiggle/dance when we have new messages to read? THX

13. Wave your cursor over this guy and a buttload of stuff opens DSC07653.JPG

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks GROUCHO! Nice to have you back. :)

15. 117harv

117harv

The tab isn't in view when looking at the forum, it's too high, you have to scroll down to check it. The tab with the envelope turns red when you have a PM (AKA) conversation.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

You not only souped this site up but you are running on racing fuel. great job...............................

17. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

18. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I really like the Idea of being able to search the parts by state, would it be possible to make it so you don't have to have a keyword? That way you can find the stuff thats within a days drive. Often I don't know what I'm looking for until I find it......

Groucho likes this.
  19. I like this idea

20. thunderplex

thunderplex

X2

21. Good to see the site back up! Would love to be able to "view all" of the pages of a thread again, and I do miss the "grayer" page... easier on the eyes when you've been on for a while :)

Oh, and I'm not able to open the Hokey A** Message Board from my school website any more (it's blocked)... like going through a double withdrawl :D

22. fleetside66

fleetside66

I just can't get it. (And I'm sure it's obvious.) How do you send the P.M./Conversation?

23. 117harv

117harv

^^^^^ Go to the (questions and suggestions) area, there are threads explaining it and other functions.

gwhite likes this.
  24. fleetside66

fleetside66

Thank you!

25. Thanks for bringing back the pic enlargements. :) I'm realy liking this more and more.
    -Pat

26. Ryan, I can't imagine the hell you must be going through. I am waiting for the fine tuning to be done so I can learn my way around this place. I like old cars because they are simple and basic, I have trouble keeping up with technology. It takes 2 remotes and a bunch of swearing just to get my TV turned on these days. I think I only ever used the very basics of the old H.A.M.B. before because I don't recognize a lot of the stuff the people above me are talking about. It seems it will take a lot of effort to figure this place out now but I know it will be worth it. I'm sure I will have more questions in the future. The new look is great but I thought the old one was great, I am more interested in the content than the look. At the moment the new H.A.M.B. feels a little like an old car with digital gauges and computerized EFI.

One thing that has taken away from the viewing pleasure is not having the members location with his name. I am constantly gazing across to see where the guy is from, it makes a difference whether it's NC, Finland or my hometown. Clicking on more stuff to find out reminds me of my TV remote. Is there any way the location can be put with the name?

27. Take your mouse cursor and hover over the avatar of whoever you want info on: join date, post count and location all appear.

28. 117harv

117harv

^^^ That doesn't work for me, all it does is turn the avatar pic into a white screen, no info is shown. Many others have posted that they get the same thing?

29. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Ok....
    After a bit of trying this out here is my 3 cents.....

While there are a lot of great improvements I have a few issues.

1.Too much white space, very blinding for late night eyes,
    2.Everything is spaced WAY, WAY to far apart... makes me think of the telephones w/the huge #'s for the old people.
    3.Is there no way to view all on a tread anymore?? Need this back pronto!
    4.Need to be able to search the classifieds by state alone w/o having to enter in a query.

30. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Hope I don't sound like an old wet rag. There's a lot to like about the new HAMB. However it would be nice to have an obvious up front place to log in???? After stumbling around for ten minutes I some times can find the most recent general topic post. Some times I just give up. It's not as obvious to navigate as it used to be. Also being an old geezer I have a lot of trouble reading the very faint small page numbers on the newest post. I know I'm old and some would say I'm struggling to keep up with the world but the HAMB is one of the few real pleasures I have. Mostly I just stumble around until some thing happens. Can you help me out Ryan?