Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2014!!! May 16 and 17, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Great pictures everyone!

I'm still smiling from the weekend.

tetanusshot likes this.
  2. Great show you guys! We had a great time and will for sure be back next year.

3. Pudge87

Pudge87

Does anybody know the guy that changes his attire the whole event? From a clown mask to a big ol' cigar. Pretty sure he drives the orange and blue station wagon also. Its pretty damn fun to watch him act crazy.

4. 66L-79

66L-79

Not sure but I think he helps the guy with the blue chevy coupe gasser that runs with Southeastern Gassers he has been at all of the gasser races when they run.

5. Like this??

[​IMG]

moparob and BloodyKnuckles like this.
  6. Pudge87

Pudge87

Yea I seen him at Greer last month. When he starts kicking its hilarious.

7. luckyjoe313

luckyjoe313
    from lyman sc

As a member of the Geargoyles cc i would like to thank all my brothers and sisters for all the hard work to put on such an amazing show. Also like to thank all the clubs and people that came to enjoy the show. This picture is the only picture i took the whole weekend. It just goes to show the fun and cutting up that goes on. You cant even get by with billet wheels on your cooler with out it being jacked up and left on beer cans. 20140517_100933.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Didn't see that guy, but I did see the guy acting like the ass monkey guy and some dude who was stuck in the 80s. He looked like a tall Ronnie James Dio.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Pudge87

Pudge87

Didn't see the 80's guy, but did see the Gas Monkey guy. I had to take a second look, thought it was really him....

10. Has any one heard how the guy that crashed the mini bike is doing?

11. Curtis and Crew, 'Just want to add to the chorus of thanks on here. You guys & gals put on a first class event. I had a great time, saw a lot of cool cars and ran into some friends. The move to the new track is a winner and I am already looking forward to next year. The hot rod spirit is alive and well in South Carolina!

12. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

i saw that ronnie james deo/ skinny gene simmons dude. he was something else

13. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Ok, this is my second attempt at trying to respond to what just took place this weekend...

I could never put in words what it means to our car club and myself all the support Steel In Motion received this weekend.

Before I go any further, I want to thank Ryan for giving us all the HAMB. SIM would not be what it is without the HAMB.

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!! Steel In Motion 2014 was absolutely spectacular! Thanks so much to every single person that passed through the gate of Union County Dragway this weekend!!!

The car show was the largest yet with so many new builds showing for the first time and so many cars attending SIM for the first time.

The drag racing was so damn good this year! The track was non stop all day.

Speaking of racing... The South East Gassers put on a show that will be talked about all year. This was the first time they have run with flag starts and they did an outstanding job with it. I was standing behind a gentleman while the SEG were running. He said I go to NHRA races and there is nothing there that compares to the SEG. As we watched these guys run we both had cold chills as these guys flat out hammered their cars. Thanks Quain and all of the South East Gassers for running at SIM. Also congratulations to Shannon Smith on the win in his wicked 55 Chevy, Pale Rider!!!

This year the Iron Lords CC co-hosted the show with us. A big thank you and a hell yeah goes out to Ron and all of the Iron Lords for giving us a BIG hand this year!!!

Thanks again to everyone who attended no matter how you participated. We are already looking forward to SIM 2015!

14. 63 1/2 peregrine

63 1/2 peregrine

What an event. Im glad i got a car that is allowed in such an awesome event. I bet nhra in atl. wish they had such an awesome event. Starter was great. Got to make 5 passes against my friends and he ligned us up every time. AWESOME DAY FOR SURE

15. That guys with the cigar's name was vintage butch. He was pretty cool. He was up at the top end when we were pushing the digger around.

16. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

That would be " Nostalgia Butch"......quite a character.

17. Nostalgia Right :)

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  18. Watch what ya say about my rental!

19. Hugh thanks to the Geargoyles for such an event, and you Iron dude too! Wish i had a change to meet all ya and thank you in person....but guess i'll have to wait till next year...I'LL BE BACK!

20. Pudge87

Pudge87

Lol, yea he is a character alright. You know him Ol' Chevy?

21. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Cool video here...

BloodyKnuckles likes this.
  22. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Oh, yeah. He hangs out with the Retarded Sparks sometimes. There are many stories involving him......

23. allwilly

allwilly

That is a really nice video of the show. We drove from Wisconsin to hang with the sockfucker cc...was well worth the trip! Nice show ...had a blast hope to see you next year! A BIG thanks to the Sockfuckers for bein such good hosts!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thanks to the Geargoyles and Iron Lords for putting on a great show, it was the best I've attended ever. The cars, the vendors, the people, the Southeast Gassers, and last but not least, the opportunity to run my own car, just great, all of it!!!!!
    If those assholes up in DC knew how mucch fun I had, they'd figger out a way to make it illegal for an old graybeard like me to have that much fun,

25. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

26. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

IMG_7337.JPG IMG_7339.JPG IMG_7340.JPG IMG_7356.JPG IMG_7357.JPG IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7286.JPG IMG_7289.JPG IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7291.JPG IMG_7295.JPG IMG_7306.JPG IMG_7307.JPG IMG_7308.JPG IMG_7310.JPG

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  27. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

28. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

29. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

30. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

IMG_7402.JPG IMG_7403.JPG IMG_7409.JPG IMG_7389.JPG IMG_7390.JPG IMG_7391.JPG IMG_7394.JPG IMG_7395.JPG IMG_7396.JPG IMG_7397.JPG IMG_7398.JPG IMG_7399.JPG IMG_7400.JPG IMG_7401.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2014